This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just for fun

there has been a lot on the news this week about the gulf leaders being captured and tortured by allies!

but they are being tortured by heavy metal music and the tweenies!!

what kind of music would you torture your NFH with if you ever leagally had the chance?

remember this is only a bit of fun and it is not recomended that you actually do it!!

I am going to think about my choices at work and will let you know tommorrow!

you each get two tracks to inflict hyperthetical suffering!!

Lift 'musack', country & western, and *anything* the total opposite to what the NFH like! (e.g. Classical Haydn if they like Rock etc!).

Ooops, sorry that wasn't two tracks - but ahhhhhhh well!

Comment

Probably without doubt Pink Floyd and The Who played at full blast day in day out with the repeat of certain tracks over and over again to drive them completely barking !

In the meantime I would be sunning myself in the Maldives, while the CD player is programmed to 'Repeat'.

Make my day - make my holiday !

Comment

Definitely "Clocks" by Coldplay. Brilliant tune but used EVERYWHERE and now it drives me nuts. Also the theme tune to "Changing Rooms". Surely the most aggravating "tune" going.

Comment

Originally posted by april@May 24 2003, 10:22 PM

Definately, and this is for Sue too, Who let the Dogs Out.
          "Ruff, ruff, ruff ruff"!

Comment

My new NFH are torturing me with their boom boom boom bass

So I'd play the 1812 Overture and The Planets Suite - only because I like them and I'm sure my NFH wouldn't

Misty
            "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

.... and I suppose we should add our Eurovision entry. Since no-one liked that at all! Nil Point!

Comment

"Big Balls" AC/DC - played continuously (of course!)

"What God Wants" - Roger Waters (again, continuous...)

Could think of loads of bassy things, Big Bruvas (Favourite Things..), Destiny's Child (My Kind of Ladees...)

but those two suggestions blaring nonstop would be pretty cool in this neighbourhood.

And, when I have my summer barbecue, they'll be out in force - in fact, you can all bring your favourite two too. (Not Desmond). (Ballet frocks are permitted).

NFH Victims of the world - unite.

Comment

how about a CD of that awful music you have to endure whenever you are on 'hold' on a telephone constantly played 24 hrs at a suitable volume.

your mind would crack as you would constantly be waiting for someone to say ................"how can I help you!"

"Take off and nuke the site from orbit- it's the only way to be sure!"

apologies if you are an "Aliens" fan

Posh Noodle - NOT for the likes of YOU!!

Comment

Cleo Laine and Johnny Dankworth at full pelt, I've long thought that should be used in torture camps.

My other choice is the 'Sing Something Simple' bunch on Radio 2 - mabe they're not still doing it. - something to be thankful for.

Comment

Spinks, The Cliff Adams Singers!! Didn't they just ruin Sunday afternoons on the radio?? I'll never forget tuning in and hearing them doing their harmony-with-accordion version of "Footloose". It was like the most surreal thing I've ever heard. I phoned up my mate and said "you GOTTA listen to this!!" It was incredible. And terrible.

Agree on the Laine/Dankworth front too. In fact, any of that twiddly boop-dee-oop-oop jazz. You know the sort where the audience just starts clapping in the middle of it?

Comment

The Cliff Adam singers - they're the beasts! Oh how many Sunday afternoons suffering that drivel on the radio while waiting for tea.

They can't still be in business surely? Have to check in RT.

Cleo Laine I would like to put a gagging order on - that isn't music it is one god awful row. no one possibly get any enjoyment out of that, except when it's finished.

Agreed on twiddley doo bop jazz. I have my foot, however precariously, in every musical camp except that one. Even then I like some of the 'set pieces' like 'Take Five' and a couple more well known ones, but "Do be do wah, do we dobe do ya day" in a high pitched voice I can do without.

Comment

Sadly, Spinks, Cliff Adams died last year and so the Singers disbanded

Comment

Well they had their time - and ruined a lot of mine!

Comment

Confession time: I actually used to like the Cliff Adam singers Wasn't the prog called 'Sing something simple'?

Yes I was a strange child, and now an even stranger adult

Misty
                              "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Working...
                              X