X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twisted lyrics

Hi All,

I really am the worst for this. And the worst thing is, even once I know the correct words, I still sing the wrong ones out of habit (how embarrassing) :blush:

Elton John, Bryan Adams and Paul Young are some of my worst.

Ones that I can remember at the moment:

Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory

"Shot down in a blaze of glory"/ "Shot down in a place of loving"

Michael Jackson - Billy Jean

"But the child is not my son"/ "The generation of my son"

Seal - Kiss From A Rose

"I compare you to a kiss from a rose on the grey"/"I compare you to a kiss from a rose from the grave"

Eagles - Peaceful Easy Feeling

"I've got a peaceful easy feeling"/ "I gotta east coast easy feelin"

Sister Sledge - We Are Family

Still don't know the right words :lol: /"We're giving love in our family jewels"

Madonna - Papa Don't Preach

"Papa don't preach, I've been losing sleep"/ "Papa don't preach, I'm in lucid dreams"

Anyone got any good ones?

Blue Cow

Ahh yes Billy Ocean - I remember my little brother (when he was about five) singing:

"Get out of my dreams, and into my bed"

(BTW - I get the mash potato thing!!!)

Comment

I'm racking my brains now trying to remember the ones I sing (and there's quite a few! :blush: :lol: ), I'll keep a little scrap of paper handy to write them all down!! :lol:

Mashed potato? :blink:

Comment

Mashed potato? I'm with U Holly :blink: We have clean & serene minds you see... :lol:

I always thought Annie Lennox was singing ''save me from the blacks'' and I was very disgruntled for very many years that she got away with that until it was pointed out to me that she sings ''save me from the glass'' (with a northern accent for glass, not southern glarrrrsss as I would speak!). It's from 'Walking on Broken Glass'' (or whatever it's called)

Also, here's a well obvious naff one - what do those birds say in the 'Ketchup Song...''boogie and the wheelie bin??'' Someone told me it's ''boogie all your wiggly bits'' :lol:

The very worst song for misunderstandings though has to be the Israelites one - practically every sentence is misunderstood (although they all escape me for now :blush: )

Comment

mazza, dont even give that ketchup song a second thought, if i told you the proper words it wouldnt make any difference..

the words are a mish mash of made up mutations of various words in spanish , possibly italian and french....

so if you think it says 'wiggly bits' (it doesnt), then you go with it!!!

BTW I can never make out the words in U2 songs...

I like 'More than a Woman' by the bee gees to which i always sing 'bald headed woman'... :lol:
          http://bestsmileys.com/sparkle/1.gif

I decree today that life

Is simply taking and not giving

England is mine - it owes me a living

But ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye

Oh, ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye ~ Morrisey/Marr

Politics is Showbusiness for ugly people ~ Jay Leno

I don't like liars, I don't like cheats. I don't like bullsh***ters. I don't like schmoozers. I don't like ar*e-lickers. ~ Sir Alan Sugar

"Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." ~ Samuel Johnson

The secret of success is the capacity to overcome failure ~ Noel Coward

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today ~ Laurence J. Peter

Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine ~ Lord Byron

Better bread with water than cake with trouble ~ Russian Proverb

There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a cup of tea ~ Bernard-Paul Heroux

Carpe Diem

Give Yourself to It ~ Sue Gadenne

Comment

There's a song by Tina Turner with the lyrics sounding like: "Give me a lifetime trousers and a world of drains" :lol:

Bonnie Tyler's: "It's a hard egg, nothing but a hard egg"

Desmond Decker: "Ooooh, me ear's are alight"

Comment

Neighboured LOL :lol:

And who can forget Don Mclean's classic line from American Pie:

"Put my Chamois in the levy but the levy was dry"

(I always thought he was talking about cleaning windows - until about a year ago - a-hemm :blush: )

Comment

I was singing along to a song yesterday, can anyone tell me what the song's called and who it's by (a band)....

"Pulling muscles for Michelle..."

:lol:

Comment

Hi Holly - is this it??

Squeeze - Pulling Mussels (From the Shell)

Comment

hehehe

Top marks BC :thumbs:

And, for my next one...

"Brown ski's and cinnamoned hands...."

I'm pretty sure it's been in the top ten most of last summer :lol:

Comment

And :lol: what about the top ten Christmas single,

"We're Going to Sainsburys"

:P

Comment

Holly - I'm giving up on both of these

Please put me out of my misery!!

Comment

:lol: Please save me too Holly, I know it's familiar !! :blink:

I heard one today - the new Pink one : 'if God is a Dj, life is an a$$hole'' I thought it says, but it's 'life is a dancefloor' !!! :hihi:

(time for bed, methinks...)

Comment

I'm sorry I can't help with the cinnamoned hands one - I haven't a clue who it's by, it might be called Summer Dance :blink: :lol:

The second one is, of course, Kelly and Ozzy with "We're going through changes..."

:lol:

Comment

Of Course !!! :hihi: D'oh!!

Comment

Working...
                              X