This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pop Idol 2

Well Pop Idol 2 is down to it’s last eight, and I’m left wondering if anyone is still watching it.

The embarrassing chart entries of David Sneddon (in at 38) and Kym Marsh (in at 35) this week are graphic displays of how short-lived the careers of these manufactured arists really are. Sneddon is giving up his “singing career” in favour of writing, and Kym Marsh is reportedly being dropped from her record label, and they follow a string of artists from TV talent shows that have fallen by the wayside over the past couple of years.

The latest that I have seen is the five rejects from Popstars -The Rivals that didn’t make One True Voice (who were a complete flop by the way) have formed a group called Phixx and entered the Top 40 this week at number 10.

The top twelve contestants are favourites for Christmas number one with a cover of the John Lennon classic War Is Over, and I am wondering if the record company even cares about what will happen to the winner once they have bagged this coveted No 1 spot.

Anyway the favourite to win at the moment is Susanne at 5/2, I’m not convinced myself, but am as sad as ever and will predictably be watching.

The odds to win are as follows:

Susanne 5/2

Andy 3/1

Roxanne 3/1

Sam 4/1

Chris 10/1

Mark 16/1

Michelle 20/1

Kim 33/1

My money’s on Chris :lol: – but by the looks of it, he’s a long shot

I'm still watching BC

I think they're saying Kim's expected to go tonight (apparently her MP has been campaigning to keep her in :blink: ).

I think that Roxanne is one of the better singers in there, Suzanne has a unique voice which may carry her through. And little Chris? Bless him :blink: I always think of him as a cross between a young Morrisey and a vicar :lol: .

Comment

there is only i winner ROXanne. ps i love the show watch it every saturday. going out tonight either susanne or the vicar

Comment

going out tonight either susanne or the vicar

Hi Milly

Yep - both shockingly bad!!!!!

I've been watching each week too, and to be honest I have problems remembering who is who as they are all so samey, (I sound like SUCH a moaner!!).

Comment

No, they both stayed in

HOW on earth did Roxanne end up in the last three? :blink:

Bye bye Kim (it was the song that let her down).

BTW, what WAS Chris singing/doing? :blink:

Comment

B.C. what good judges we would make but who would have thought kim would have gone out

Comment

Milly - I always get it wrong - every week without fail!!!

I thought that Kim didn't deserve to go out this week, but I don't think she would have lasted the distance anyway. As for her MP campaigning to keep her in....I'm just glad he's not my MP, or I would have serious issues about his priorities!!!

Chris really should have gone out :sad: - what was that all about!!!??? :unsure:

Comment

Never watch it - the wife thinks its wonderful though ... each to their own.

FF
                Howard:"You wanna be careful, before you know it you'll wake up in a bush singing songs about brooms"

Vince:"You don't know anything about me. Do you know anything about me?"

Howard:"I know...of you"

Vince:"Yeah, well, if you knew me you'd know that I don't sing songs about brooms...I sing songs about love...

Lovely lady with the eye

Lovely lady with the eye

You've only got one but it's a good one

Lovely lady with the eye, the eye, the eye, the eye, the eye

coming forward on a string, thats not normal, urgh

Yeah! I'm in a band..."

Comment

Pop idle 2 .... what?

Kim, Sam Roxanne .... who?

"Chris really should have gone out - what was that all about!!!??? " Eh??

"HOW on earth did Roxanne end up in the last three? " Pardon?

Is this a parallel universe?

Are the fairies at the bottom of my garden?

Is there life on Uranus?

Is there anybody there?

Hello,... hello ....

Am I missing something?

Comment

poor eskander,

oh well, too late for you to start getting into it now!!!

i am shocked at poor old kym going out, i liked here. i wonder about that chris, he is a sweet fella, but hasnt really got pop idol looks....he looks like his contact lenses are giving him permanent gip!!!! :lol:
                    http://bestsmileys.com/sparkle/1.gif

I decree today that life

Is simply taking and not giving

England is mine - it owes me a living

But ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye

Oh, ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye ~ Morrisey/Marr

Politics is Showbusiness for ugly people ~ Jay Leno

I don't like liars, I don't like cheats. I don't like bullsh***ters. I don't like schmoozers. I don't like ar*e-lickers. ~ Sir Alan Sugar

"Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." ~ Samuel Johnson

The secret of success is the capacity to overcome failure ~ Noel Coward

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today ~ Laurence J. Peter

Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine ~ Lord Byron

Better bread with water than cake with trouble ~ Russian Proverb

There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a cup of tea ~ Bernard-Paul Heroux

Carpe Diem

Give Yourself to It ~ Sue Gadenne

Comment

Andy? :blink: Why? :blink:

Comment

And I repeat from last week...Chris....what was that all about!!! :blink: :blink: :blink:

I'm really sad that Andy has gone. I thought that he was really sweet (and he was easy on the eyes too!).

I think they are going to massacre some Beatles songs next week :unsure: I'm afraid to watch!!

Comment

I have :no: idea! :lol:

Bless him :blush: :lol:

Comment

Andy had too many posh clothes, that's what I put it down to!

I was certain that Chris one would go or that blonde Vampy bird :lol:

Go Michelle!!! :guitar:

Comment

amazed Andy went but roxanne still in. blond geezer with big smile gets better every week

Comment

Working...
                              X