This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Songs that Make you Happy

I thought I would start a thread on happy songs which really uplift us. apologies if its been done before!!!

A couple of my all time favourites are both by Van Morrison, one is Brown Eyed Girl (cos it makes me think of my daughter) and the other is 'Have I told you lately that I love you', because it just has wicked lyrics and ok its a bit mushy but can apply to anyone you love not just a hubby/partner. Rod Stewart did a great version of it. I always feel happy if I hear that song.

'This charming Man' by the Smiths nearly always makes me want to jump about like a demented student, he he

anyway, what does everyone else think?
    http://bestsmileys.com/sparkle/1.gif

I decree today that life

Is simply taking and not giving

England is mine - it owes me a living

But ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye

Oh, ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye ~ Morrisey/Marr

Politics is Showbusiness for ugly people ~ Jay Leno

I don't like liars, I don't like cheats. I don't like bullsh***ters. I don't like schmoozers. I don't like ar*e-lickers. ~ Sir Alan Sugar

"Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." ~ Samuel Johnson

The secret of success is the capacity to overcome failure ~ Noel Coward

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today ~ Laurence J. Peter

Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine ~ Lord Byron

Better bread with water than cake with trouble ~ Russian Proverb

There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a cup of tea ~ Bernard-Paul Heroux

Carpe Diem

Give Yourself to It ~ Sue Gadenne

I just love One Love by Bob Marley.

I can't really describe why, as it means so much, but you catch my drift (?)

Comment

You're Gorgeous - by Baby Bird!!

Luv it Luv it Luv it

Need to think of more now... :lol:

Comment

Nothing compares to you sinead o,connor. Cant stand the person but love the song

Comment

Mine are

One - U2

Imagine - John Lennon

Fireworks - Embrace

All very special songs to me for different reasons.

Comment

Working...
          X