This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fancy a flutter.......?

Okay, it's only October (but what the hey, all the shopping centres have their decorations :santa: up already).

Ladbrokes have already started taking bets on the Christmas Number One :music: , and guess what?

Pop Idol is evens to win.

Even though no-one's won it yet and no-one's heard the song.

Sad and predictable times we are living in!!

On an even more predictable note, Sir Cliff is at 10-1 (never write him of at Christmas!)

Here are the listings:

Pop Idol evens

The Darkness 7/1

Avid Merrion 10/1

Sir Cliff Richard 10/1

Blue 16/1

Alex Parks 20/1

Bill Nighy 20/1

Westlife 20/1

Busted 25/1

Fast Food Rockers 25/1

Gareth Gates 25/1

Girls Aloud 25/1

Kylie Minogue 25/1

Robbie Williams 25/1

Avid merrion!

at least every other year its a naff record by a pretend character

I have'nt heard it or know what its about but thats my choice!! :lol:

better get down the bookies then!

Comment

God only knows!! Haven't heard of a couple of 'em! :lol:

I'll go for Blue, 'cos...well, no reason really, except it's the name of my sister's cat!

Always a good way to pick 'em :P :lol:

Sapph

Comment

at least every other year its a naff record by a pretend character

Shucks....I forgot about that...thanks for reminding me. They'll all be coming out of the woodwork over the next month or so.

I'll hold off my bet just yet!

Comment

Alex Parks

What do we win if we're right BC? :lol:

Comment

What do we win if we're right BC?¬*

Holly - now you're just piling on the pressure.

I can come round and Carol sing if you want? Either that, or the prize will be the self-satisfaction that comes with the knowledge that you guessed right!

:unsure:

Right......I'll get my song sheets out and start rehearsing.

Does anyone know the second verse of Good King Wenceslas?

Comment

Yes.

Sadly.

:P

Comment

I'll go for Kylie Minogue - but not necessarily because of her singing :yes:

Comment

Eskander - whatever can you mean??

Comment

The Pop Idol song is going to be all of the twelve finalists singing "War Is Over" together :blink: (sorry, but it sounds like it's going to be horrendous!)

The Osbournes are in the running too....

(Quoted from BBC Online):

Ozzy Osbourne and his daughter Kelly are the latest artists to announce their bid for the Christmas number one.

The pair will sing together for the first time on the duet, Changes, released on 8 December

The song is a new version of a track originally recorded by Ozzy's old band Black Sabbath. It appeared on the 1972 album Black Sabbath Volume 4.

The Osbournes are the latest in a string of high-profile acts bidding for this year's Christmas chart-topper.

The 12 Pop Idol finalists are currently 3/1 favourites to top the charts over the festive season with a cover version of the John Lennon classic Happy Xmas (War Is Over), released on 15 December.

The Darkness are second favourites for the Christmas number one with their seasonal track (Christmas Time) Don't Let The Bells End.

Sir Cliff Richard, comedian Avid Merrion and Blue are also expected to release festive songs.

Gennaro Castaldo of music retailer HMV said: "This could be one of the tightest races for the Christmas number one in recent years."

Comment

Oh, I was wondering about the Pop Idol thing.

I'd heard on the radio that the way the show was running, they wouldn't be finished in time for Crimbo, so no number 1. And I thought Hooray for that!!

So now, we'll have ALL of them to suffer - eeeek! No doubt the gullible public will buy it in droves and it will go to no. 1 , so I reluctantly put my cyber quid on that one to win

Mazza

:music: unk:

Comment

so I reluctantly put my cyber quid on that one to win

Mazza - me too (although I would so much prefer otherwise :sad: )

Comment

Me thinks (hopes) Gareth's Gates's career is over. Last single and CD flopped badly :P
                          "You have to be the change you wish to see in the world"

Comment

Originally posted by Eskander@Oct 30 2003, 12:40 PM

I'll go for Kylie Minogue¬*¬* -¬* but not necessarily because of her singing :yes:
                            Ahhhhh.....My Kylie :wub:

She loves me, see:

But I have to say 'The Darkness'

Comment

hazelnut, dont even joke about that man getting to number 1 yet again with his inane drivel.

yuk yuk yuk yuk yuk

8-X

come on the Darkness!!!!!! :newyear:
                              http://bestsmileys.com/sparkle/1.gif

I decree today that life

Is simply taking and not giving

England is mine - it owes me a living

But ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye

Oh, ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye ~ Morrisey/Marr

Politics is Showbusiness for ugly people ~ Jay Leno

I don't like liars, I don't like cheats. I don't like bullsh***ters. I don't like schmoozers. I don't like ar*e-lickers. ~ Sir Alan Sugar

"Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." ~ Samuel Johnson

The secret of success is the capacity to overcome failure ~ Noel Coward

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today ~ Laurence J. Peter

Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine ~ Lord Byron

Better bread with water than cake with trouble ~ Russian Proverb

There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a cup of tea ~ Bernard-Paul Heroux

Carpe Diem

Give Yourself to It ~ Sue Gadenne

Comment

Working...
                              X