This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crimes against fashion

You know, it's not often my NFH make me smile but today was the exception.

I was idly gazing out of the window, watching some starlings eating a crust, when what should go by, but this utterly horrendous woolly hat, with Granny from Hell underneath it! I've seen some bad hats in my time and must admit on the coldest days I have been known to wear a woolly little number but this was the 'hat from hell' - indescribably awful colour combination :wow: Lime green and lilac with orange stripes!

(I tried to attach a painting of it, but it was too slow to upload - the awful colours may have caused damage to the forum :blink: )

My hubby said 'one of Santa's elves has just gone by' but if she is working for Santa, she'll be a bad elf, probably taking the batteries out of toys so kids can't play with them on Christmas day:devil:

Ahhh, I will treasure the memory of that hat for a long time, it will help through the tough spells, hope she wears it often.

Wonder if she'd let me take a photo? :hihi:

Mrs B
    BE BOLSHY - RECLAIM YOUR GARDEN!

Most amusing picture you managed to paint there, Mrs B! :hihi: :lol:

Even more so for me, as I have some long socks that colour! :blush: :blush: However I only wear 'em when no one's around! :P

Sapph :blush:

Comment

:lol:

Very brave of you to admit it Lass :hihi:

Mrs B

Comment

I thank you, Mrs B, for giving me the chance to be "out" about my socks....I have thought about this since my admission earlier...I am now gonna wear them with pride, and think everyone should get a pair! Get ready for a fashion sensation :P

Sapph (wearing her socks ) :lol:

Comment

HN, if I had the technical skills, believe me...there would be a pic!! Sadly, I haven't, so you'll all just have to use your imagination! :P It's an impressive picture :lol: :hihi:

Sapph :P

Comment

SP, your Rhino and my Hell's Elf sound so alike - perhaps they shop for clothes together? :wow:

Sapphy, maybe you should attend a 'Dodgy Socks Anonymous' meeting......it's confidential, and eventually, with support, you may be able to overcome this embarrassing habit :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Or, on the other hand..........Hazelnut, please send me the most gruesome pair you can find would you? With toes (of different colours please) Hey, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em:fun:E-p

Comment

I used to wear socks like that when i was 11 (1977) and had just gone to senior school...the fashion was white fringed boots (the fringes had beads on) and i used to have the stripy socks peeping over the top of the boots in the same colours to match the beads....my trousers were naturally tucked into the socks and boots...mind you those socks didnt half hurt your toes...but one does have to suffer to look good...

i was such a snappy dresser in them days... :lol:
              http://bestsmileys.com/sparkle/1.gif

I decree today that life

Is simply taking and not giving

England is mine - it owes me a living

But ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye

Oh, ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye ~ Morrisey/Marr

Politics is Showbusiness for ugly people ~ Jay Leno

I don't like liars, I don't like cheats. I don't like bullsh***ters. I don't like schmoozers. I don't like ar*e-lickers. ~ Sir Alan Sugar

"Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." ~ Samuel Johnson

The secret of success is the capacity to overcome failure ~ Noel Coward

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today ~ Laurence J. Peter

Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine ~ Lord Byron

Better bread with water than cake with trouble ~ Russian Proverb

There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a cup of tea ~ Bernard-Paul Heroux

Carpe Diem

Give Yourself to It ~ Sue Gadenne

Comment

:thumbs:

Thanks HN - and here they are......... :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Comment

Annabel - the whole of Google couldn't find a piccy of socks with toes in!

Most miffed!!

Mrs B

Comment

Found an even better one (with a little help from Beth :thumbs: )

Which ones are yours Sapphy? :hihi:

Comment

:lol: Er, I have the monochrome ones (quite subdued, and on as we speak )...and a pair so distinctive (not on the pic) that it's a B) job :P :P (reserved for special occasions :hihi: ).

And not a :blush: in sight now! :P .

Sapphy

Comment

Or, indeed, anyone else that winds me up!! :P

Think if I stand in the middle of the road on a Friday evening in them it might stop the racers in their tracks?? :lol:

Sapph B)

Comment

:lol: :jump:

:thumbs: More power to your socks, Lass! :thumbs:

B :P

Comment

Working...
                          X