X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THE WORDS OF A 4 YEAR OLD

A few gems from the little one!

"Dad, this is my right hand and this is my left hand". Well done I say and which hand do you write with. "Oh Dad, don't be silly", she replies, "my right hand - thats why we all have right hands, to write with".

On the phone to granny, after walking into toilet whilst I had a wee "Granny, when daddy has stopped having a wee he puts his bottom in his pocket"!

Last night, Julie talking to the girls about Haloween. Little one pipes up, "will the lady next door go out on her broomstick then?" Yes, we have referred to her as the witch!

Julie's dad has to have a lump surgically cut from his scalp soon. Little one says "I hope the scissors will be sharp grandad or else it will bl**dy hurt". We cringe.....

At her first parent/teacher meeting last week. Little one breaking wind. Teacher said "is that you making smells?". Little one replied "yes, would you like to smell my bottom?". Again, we cringed....

After running around on the beach Saturday afternoon. She comes up, all puffed out - "dad, can I have a drink of water, it's thirsty work this being alive"

On seeing swans on the river - "Mum, I didn't know we had swans in our world. I thought they all lived in the television"

Friend Sue currently losing her hair again after radiotherapy - hair falling out as she sits in chair. Little one disappears and comes back with sellotape "I am going to stick all that hair back on again or else your head will get very cold". Sue creased up!

She says "My friend has 2 brothers, but one of them is a girl". Still puzzling over this one!!

Bless her!
    "You have to be the change you wish to see in the world"

AAAAAAWwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!

bless her cotton socks!

she sounds like a real character! :lol:

Comment

:lol:

I tell you what, John, if it wasnt for the little ones, life would be utterly miserable sometimes...

On Friday, I took my seven year old shopping for some winter clothes. I got worried when she said ' are these designer clothes?' as we were in debenhams at the time, i said 'well yes, everything in here is designer stuff, pretty much'. 'well', she says, 'firstly mummy, its about time YOU got some designer clothes, because daddy buys them all the time and you never do, and i am fed up of you wearing tatty clothes (gee thanks!), and secondly i want some designer clothes because, i dont think that we shouldnt wear the same clothes as everyone else'

:unsure: :blink:

err, hello, where did she get that from???????

i have to blame her dad, sorry, but i do. he never buys cheapo gear from peacocks or QS like i do, he barely condescends to buy things from marks and spencer....

god help me when she gets to be a teenager!

then yesterday, she came up to me as i was scrubbing the bath...and says ' mummy, when i am a bit older, maybe 10 or 11, can i have my own credit card???'

:wow:

i am afraid, words had to be spoken!!!

:spor: :box:

one of her friends at school had told her that you can use your parents credit card to buy things ...

where do they learn this stuff? good grief!!!

she will be wanting me to send her over to New York for a weekend shopping trip next!

the little beast!!!! :crazy: :talktohand:
      http://bestsmileys.com/sparkle/1.gif

I decree today that life

Is simply taking and not giving

England is mine - it owes me a living

But ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye

Oh, ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye ~ Morrisey/Marr

Politics is Showbusiness for ugly people ~ Jay Leno

I don't like liars, I don't like cheats. I don't like bullsh***ters. I don't like schmoozers. I don't like ar*e-lickers. ~ Sir Alan Sugar

"Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." ~ Samuel Johnson

The secret of success is the capacity to overcome failure ~ Noel Coward

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today ~ Laurence J. Peter

Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine ~ Lord Byron

Better bread with water than cake with trouble ~ Russian Proverb

There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a cup of tea ~ Bernard-Paul Heroux

Carpe Diem

Give Yourself to It ~ Sue Gadenne

Comment

Great stuff, charmingly funny. Mine are grown up now but you always remember these little things. Oh, and Annabel, you won't want to hear this, but they don't get any less expensive as they get older and the appeal of designer gear gets stronger every year.

Comment

mummy, when i am a bit older, maybe 10 or 11, can i have my own credit card???'

:lol:

No doubt to buy her designer clothes with! :hihi:

Comment

I can't stop laughing :lol:

Some gems from some little gems :lol:

Misty
            "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

:lol: :P

Jack Dee was on the telly, ages ago and he was saying how his little girl drove him mad saying 'why??????????????' all the time. (im sure we all know where he is coming from!).

anyway, one day he decided to turn the tables on his little girl, she was doing some colouring in, and he said to her, why dont you do some painting instead, daughter says, i dont want to do painting, jack says 'why?????????', little girl says 'because this crayon, is not a paintbrush, thats why'

:hihi: :hihi: :P

that cracked me up!!!!

I decree today that life

I don't like liars, I don't like cheats. I don't like bullsh***ters. I don't like schmoozers. I don't like ar*e-lickers. ~ Sir Alan Sugar

"Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." ~ Samuel Johnson

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today ~ Laurence J. Peter

There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a cup of tea ~ Bernard-Paul Heroux

Carpe Diem

Comment

AND AT WHAT AGE DO YOU LET THEM HAVE MOBILES? OUR ELDEST IS 10 AND THINKS (AND I MEAN THINKS) SHE IS GETTING ONE FOR XMAS.

DREAM ON, ME THINKS

Comment

flipping mobile phones!!!

we survived well enough without them growing up, but nowadays because we have become so blimming paranoid, we feel our kids have to have them so we can track where they are! its actually completely ridiculous, but no doubt, there i will be, when my daughter gets to senior school age, buying her a mobile.

i cant help thinking, even though it is wrong, and i am being really daft, that maybe having a mobile at age ten is ok, especially if you let her go out and about on her own now?????????????

its a tough one.

its the paranoia and anxiety y'know, a sad reflection of our society etc etc

I decree today that life

Carpe Diem

Comment

Yesssss

Lately, my 9 yr old has started on this campaign:

'Oh, it's not fair, why can't I have a cheque book and a credit card?'

I've explained he can't get one til he's 18 and he's having none of it!

When I asked him what exactly he plans to do with these accessories, the answer is: 'Oh I don't know!' :blink:

Never mind he wants a mobile phone, although he has no phone calls to home, ever from his pals...so what's he want a mobile for?

To play games on it of course!!!! :wacko:

Comment

ANNABEL

i cant help thinking, even though it is wrong, and i am being really daft, that maybe having a mobile at age ten is ok, especially if you let her go out and about on her own now?????????????

Exactly - and I am sure our eldest knows this. When someone asked how old the eldest was the other day, J shot back, "10 going on 20". :hihi:

3 girls to contend with - sends shudders down my spine to think of it, especially when they are all teenagers!

Comment

Working...
                      X