X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 100 Scariest Film Moments

Top 100 Scariest Film Moments :unsure:

Did anyone see this last night on Channel 4.

I watched the end of it (Top 20 or so) and scared the living daylights out of myself. It was really compelling to watch (although the actual chart itself was completely meaningless as fear is a very personal thing).

And afterwards, they showed the Blair Witch Project :devil: ! So I went to bed listening to every creak and noise wondering who was pacing up and down in my loft.

Personally, I love horror films, from the big blockbusters to Hammer classics, but I don't know why I put myself through them, as I am the world biggest wimp!

:crazy:

Blue Cow

I'm not a big fan or horror, but I did see some of the clips. They weren't that scary taken out of context of the films they were from.

Having said that, I did lie awake for a while listening to the noises in the house.

Fear must start young. Whilst visiting grandparents, taking my little girl up to bed (she's only 2.5) she stopped on the stairs and said "No Scooby Doo?" Not knowing what she meant I just said "No darling, theres no Scooby Doo". She seemed happy at this and carried on up to her bedroom. Talking to my parents later, it turned out that weeks ago, when she had stayed over, they had a 'Scooby Doo' sleeping bag for her - they thought she'd like it but it scared the b'jesus out of her so they put it away. She'd remembered it and was scared that it was waiting for her upstairs! Poor little mite.

Mayby its experiences like these we remember at the back of our minds when our hearts thud in the darkness - our own personal 'Scooby Doo's waiting just out of sight, ready to jump out and frighten us !

FF
    Howard:"You wanna be careful, before you know it you'll wake up in a bush singing songs about brooms"

Vince:"You don't know anything about me. Do you know anything about me?"

Howard:"I know...of you"

Vince:"Yeah, well, if you knew me you'd know that I don't sing songs about brooms...I sing songs about love...

Lovely lady with the eye

Lovely lady with the eye

You've only got one but it's a good one

Lovely lady with the eye, the eye, the eye, the eye, the eye

coming forward on a string, thats not normal, urgh

Yeah! I'm in a band..."

Comment

I saw the first half of it and the strangest clip they showed was EE of trvor and little MO!!!!

appartently it upset and frightened a lot of people who had been in that kinda positon before and they had to show it, not just horror flicks involved!

Comment

Only saw parts of it but here in no particular order are some films that scared me...

Alien

The Thing

Exorcist

The Haunting (1963 version)

Blue Velvet

Twin Peaks

Evil Dead

Comment

One of my favourites is the shining with Jack Nicholson 'Here's Jonny' still gives me goose bumps.

Comment

Red1 - that was the clip that was voted number 1 in the poll!

My scariest clip (apart from the entire films of The Exorcist and The Exorcist 3 of course!) is the little boy scratching at the window in Salems Lot (and when he jumps out of his grave it's not too clever either).

Comment

Originally posted by Red1@Oct 30 2003, 8:57 PM

One of my favourites is the shining with Jack Nicholson
              The scariest bit in that film for me is when Danny is cycling round on his little bike and the sounds it makes going from rug - to floorboards - rug - to floorboards - rug (you get the picture! :lol: :blink: ).

Comment

Didn't see that, sounds good though!

Were these included?

- JAWS

- Hellraiser (Movie Series)

- Nightmare on Elm Street (Movie Series)

- Texas Chain Saw Massacre

Comment

Watched The Magdalene Sisters over the weekend and that was scary because (as far as I'm aware) it's a true story and what those young women had to go through was brutal and horrific. :angry:

Comment

Matthew - all four of these were in the top twenty at least.

Holly, the tricycle thing reminds me of Damien in The Omen :unsure: The whole "redrum" bit is seriously disturbing too.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Cow@Nov 3 2003, 6:48 PM

Matthew - all four of these were in the top twenty at least.

Oooooh, great!

Nightmare on Elm Street was spooky watching it as a kid! :lol:

Comment

Just to let you all know, there's a good scary film on telly tomorrow night (at 11.15 Channel 4), it's called Nightwatch with Ewan McGregor.

One to watch

Nightwatch Review!

Comment

Working...
                        X