This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Music in films"

I liked the song at the end of donnie darko, and at end of leon..and i liked the music from schindlers list..and loads of others really.

Any favorites you have?....or open it up to just songs you like!

Ever seen a film or heard a song or read a book at a particular time in yer life and *it * changed how you view life?

Oooooo...thay was a bit broad.

And i liked music from moulin rouge too :newyear:

(i just like that smiley thing :P)

Well, you just can't go wrong with "Leon" in any way at all in my opinion :P

I was watching "Coyote Ugly" the other night, and really like the song at the end of that. Not keen on the film itself tho', nothing seemed to happen except some dancing and singing.....didn't hold my interest at all.

Like the soundtracks on a Fistful of Dollars, etc.

Nice use of Christmas smilies, Vern :P

Sapph

Comment

Grease of course!!!! :thumbs:

Yes, I know that's another thread

But, it's not really a film, but I really like the music for Queer as Folk (UK) - some good tunes on that CD Great for a rave in the kitchen!

Umm, thinking of others apart from Grease (!)

Saturday Night Fever??? :lol:

Comment

so many films have such great sound tracks

and there is a difference between the music used on the sound track and the actually musical score.

forest gump is a great example of this, both sets of music great!

Comment

Not really into "classical" music but the main theme to Dr Zhivago is fantastic - goose pimple time. Film excellent also.

Mazza - Grease! Saw it 5 times when it was 1st released (ONJ fan here). Got it on DVD now!
          "You have to be the change you wish to see in the world"

Comment

Not forgetting all the music in "Abba - The Movie"

Favourite song of all time:

Joint 1st - Ain't no Mountain High Enough (Diana Ross) and The Winner takes It all (Abba)

Close behind - Softly Whispering I love You (The Congregation) and For Crying Out Loud (Meat Loaf)
            "You have to be the change you wish to see in the world"

Comment

Sorry to state the obvious, but I think that the most moving piece of music that I've ever heard in a film is Adagio for Strings from Platoon.

It's a truly beautiful piece of music and a very dark and compelling film.

Comment

I STILL LIKE 'TIME WARP' :blush: :blush: :blush:

Comment

Anything written by John Williams and Alan Silvestri (Back to the Future films and many others) are particular favourites for me

Comment

the soundtrack for bend it like beckham is great, well chosen music, and i love the indian stuff.

pulp fiction is also very good.

gosh that music from platoon is sooo desperately sad, and is partly the reason why i could not bear to see that film again, its heart wrenching.
                    http://bestsmileys.com/sparkle/1.gif

I decree today that life

Is simply taking and not giving

England is mine - it owes me a living

But ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye

Oh, ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye ~ Morrisey/Marr

Politics is Showbusiness for ugly people ~ Jay Leno

I don't like liars, I don't like cheats. I don't like bullsh***ters. I don't like schmoozers. I don't like ar*e-lickers. ~ Sir Alan Sugar

"Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." ~ Samuel Johnson

The secret of success is the capacity to overcome failure ~ Noel Coward

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today ~ Laurence J. Peter

Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine ~ Lord Byron

Better bread with water than cake with trouble ~ Russian Proverb

There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a cup of tea ~ Bernard-Paul Heroux

Carpe Diem

Give Yourself to It ~ Sue Gadenne

Comment

Some of my favourites reflect my age.

Everybody's talkin' at me from Midnight Cowboy

The Paul Simon songs in The Graduate - when the light goes off in the bedroom with Mrs Robinson and you get the opening lines of Sounds Of Silence - "Hello darkness my old friend"

The use of the Blue Danube Walze in 2001

Oh, and "Always look on the bright side of life" Eric Idle in The Life of Brian

Bright Eyes from Watership Down

And, the song that the four Liverpudlian vultures sing in Disney's Jungle Book - the crows singing "When I see and elephant fly" in Dumbo

Trying to think of a few more but stuck for the moment

Comment

:sad:

eskander i cannot bear Bright Eyes from watership down...poor little bunny rabbits.... :cry:
                        http://bestsmileys.com/sparkle/1.gif

I decree today that life

Is simply taking and not giving

England is mine - it owes me a living

But ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye

Oh, ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye ~ Morrisey/Marr

Politics is Showbusiness for ugly people ~ Jay Leno

I don't like liars, I don't like cheats. I don't like bullsh***ters. I don't like schmoozers. I don't like ar*e-lickers. ~ Sir Alan Sugar

"Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." ~ Samuel Johnson

The secret of success is the capacity to overcome failure ~ Noel Coward

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today ~ Laurence J. Peter

Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine ~ Lord Byron

Better bread with water than cake with trouble ~ Russian Proverb

There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a cup of tea ~ Bernard-Paul Heroux

Carpe Diem

Give Yourself to It ~ Sue Gadenne

Comment

:wow:

Eskander - what a grrreat selection - I love all of them!!

I had no idea 'Everybody's talking at me' is from a film!!! The ignoramus I am! I love that tune!

(BTW can't watch Dumbo - makes me howl... :cry: )

Comment

I still cry at water ship down to!

when I was younger and it came on the radio, my mum would make my dad turn the car radio off as it was guarented to set me off!! :cry: :lol:

Comment

Was "Forever Autumn" in a film? War of the Worlds? :blink: If so, I like that!

Bright Eyes - don't go there :cry:

Comment

Working...
                              X