This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did You See....

did you see that thing with the guy doing the stuff, and there was that woman from the other program ...you know...with the hair...doing what she did before.it was really good...but when the giraffe came in i thougt that was a little far fetched...still...i really liked the bit when wotsface met wotsname and did that old chesnut.

you been on the old "Bifta"? Vernon

Comment

Vernon, I know what you mean

Actually I don't but I wanted you to feel better

Misty
      "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

You're a case[/b]

Aah, that explains the handles on his head

Misty
        "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Sounds like any old soap script to me.

Matthew read on your notes you like Eastenders - we need to have words!!!!!!!

Actually my bloke watches it too, he says it helps to empty his mind after the stresses of work...

Comment

Originally posted by spinkysay@Jun 13 2003, 1:23 PM

Matthew read on your notes you like Eastenders - we need to have words!!!!!!!
            Oi Spinks me ole' mucka, me old china, whattya saying, you don't like a cuppa char with Eastenders instead of yacking on the dog and bone?

Rattle and Hum and watch it ok, don't pull airs and graces at my favourite soap or would you rather be in the all time loser when it's on?! So let your barnet fair down once in a while and botany bay away from your normal viewing and watch it on the wobbly jelly now again ok?

Comment

Rattle and Hum?? Not getting that one!

Sadly the Eastenders scriptwriters wouldn't know an east end psyche if they found it up their ****.

The characters in this and every other soap are nothing more than cyphers for ever more spurious plot lines. The characters are unbelievable because they are no longer true and three dimensional. Characters are no longer true to how they've developed. Plot is strung around characters - however loose the fit.

Drama is character based not plot based. Good drama comes from written character and character developement from a trained actor or naturally competent actor and not people who parade themselves as 'actors' yet in reality couldn't act themselves out of a paper bag - which is where I would like to put the whole dirty great big lot of them. These so called 'actors' only memorise lines - and some can't even do that, they also emote a little, but mostly they emote a lot, going completely over the top, acting 'big' as if in a pantomime and having to get their totally vacuous point across over three hundred screaming children shouting 'Behind You'.

TV soaps are also dangerous. Three million points on this, but here's one. TV soaps are responsible for making us believe that extra marital affairs are the norm, as everyone in a soap has one sooner or later unless they're stereotypical old folk. Lazy scriptwriting dictates that this must be so.

Love you really Matthew!!!!!!!!!!!

All of the above directed at TV soap producers not Matthew!!!!!!!

Comment

rattle and hum.....I think is come... airs and graces is faces....all time loser is boozer!!

He really talks dead posh you know!!

Comment

Got the others - Rattle and Hum is a hmadun surely? (scriptwriting talk for home made one)

Comment

He he....

I see that Eastenders are planning YET ANOTHER teenage pregnancy (Vicki Fowler I believe).......YAAAAAAWN. I'd like to see some more unique and representative of today's society characters.

Comment

someone read on my notes i like eastenders? ..i didn't say that did i...or did i ...i'l find out sometime....and whats this about notes?...the F.B.I. ones ?

boogerloo

( no reason for that , the thought of typing that just occured to me at that moment...and i thought "what the hell...i'll type it...lifes for livin" )

Comment

Originally posted by vernon@Jun 13 2003, 9:31 PM

someone read on my notes i like eastenders? ..i didn't say that did i...or did i ...i'l find out sometime....and whats this about notes?...the F.B.I. ones ?
                        Silly Vernon!

My profile, not yours!

I do like your profile though

Comment

Originally posted by spinkysay@Jun 13 2003, 1:23 PM

Matthew read on your notes you like Eastenders
                          HA! i'm not going mad...or maderer

Comment

All you Benders (EastEnders...) fans.. have you seen Alistair McGowans Big Impressions?

Talkin abaht rim?

Vernon, what programme was this thread actually about? You said:

did you see that thing with the guy doing the stuff, and there was that woman from the other program ...you know...with the hair...doing what she did before.it was really good...but when the giraffe came in i thougt that was a little far fetched...still...i really liked the bit when wotsface met wotsname and did that old chesnut.

Sounds fascinating, do tell...

Comment

It's a funny thing Holly, my mind has been a boggalin' too on this matter - do tell Vernon.

Comment

Working...
                              X