This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• European Capital Of Culture

Well, Liverpool has been voted European Capital of Culture for 2008.

I don't know why I'm smiling, I'm sick of hearing about it and things can only get worse in the run up to 2008. It's not that I'm not happy, but when you hear about one subject being droned on about constantly, it gets a bit annoying, especially if you've not actually got anything to do with it.

The nearest I get to culture nowadays is when I clean the fridge I'll swear somewhere growing in the deep dark recesses is the next new superantibiotic

Oh, well, better go and brush up on my Shakespeare

Misty
    "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Can one of the other moderators please give Mistey an official warning about swearing?

Mistey - Shakespeare is a swear word!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At least to me!

Old wobble dagger, I'm sick of him!!!!

European Capital of Culture my a***. It means nothing in reality.

Birmingham was up for it also - pleeese! Hello? The title means nothing, the bestowing of it means nothing but the money is what it's all about.

'City of culture'? Who's kidding who? Load of baloney with tomato sauce on.

Culturally there's not a peck between any of the cities mentioned, although Liverpool just about takes it for being more broadminded regarding the arts - but that's not what it's about.

I could say more but better hush my mouth...

Comment

Old wobble dagger, I'm sick of him!!!![/b]
      Roflmao

Oh the best nickname I heard was from Alf Garnett, he called him Willy Wagglestaff. I do have a soft spot for a couple of his plays and sonnets though

Some are born NFH, some achieve NFH (status), and some have NFH thrust upon them

Misty
      "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Went to Liverpool once, to get an emergency issue passport. Thankfully I had a pre-booked appointment. My word, what a horrible place that Office is .

We did manage to find a Starbucks place and enjoyed a nice coffee. We also had a brief stroll along that marina bit (the old haunt of our favourites, Richard & Judy) and saw Fred's weather map. Had a nice lunch in O'Neills.

Wobble dagger......

Comment

Originally posted by Mistyeyeddreamer@Jun 4 2003, 1:45 PM

Roflmao¬*
          I don't know what this is.

Is it something like INWMPL ?

Comment

Roflmao = rolls on floor, laughing my a**e off (it was originally *ss, cos it's an americanism)

So, what is INWMPL???? Do tell, please

Misty

Comment

Is it true that if you leave your car unattended for any length of time in Liverpool they board up the windows so that it is in keeping with the rest of the place!!

And as for the shell suits and 'Magnum' moustaches!!

"Take off and nuke the site from orbit- it's the only way to be sure!"

apologies if you are an "Aliens" fan

Posh Noodle - NOT for the likes of YOU!!

Comment

Hmmm, horsefans I might be going off you

I'd leap to the defence of my city but I'd only be called a whingeing scouser But I do wish people would come up with some new insults, using decades old material really dates you you know

It was really nice of Newcastle to give us the banner they'd commissioned, to be towed behind a plane. Thank you Newcastle, I always loved Geordies, they're not sore losers, just the salt of the earth. It's just a pity it had to be a contest with perceived winners and losers *sigh*

Badger, apart from that awful non-joke (I use it about Australia - more culture on stale bread), thank you for those kind words.

Misty

Comment

oops

sorry Misty!!

no offence meant of course!!

"Take off and nuke the site from orbit- it's the only way to be sure!"

apologies if you are an "Aliens" fan

Posh Noodle - NOT for the likes of YOU!!

Comment

Working...
                  X