X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timewasters!!

Hi folks,

Not sure to put this here or in Ranters corner but a mix of both.

You'll know the bikes up for sale!. Had two people waste my time yesterday with it. Completely wasted my day off waiting for one guy who never showed face!!

And then the second guy didnt have enough money!!- would I be willing to take his bike as part exchange!!

I'm sure you've all been there trying to sell something but doesnt it get your goat when this sort of thing happens!!

grumpy

"Take off and nuke the site from orbit- it's the only way to be sure!"

apologies if you are an "Aliens" fan

Posh Noodle - NOT for the likes of YOU!!

Yep, it's really annoying.

When we were trying to sell our house privately a couple of years ago, we arranged all the viewings (doing the Anne "House Doctor" Maurice tidy round before every one) and people that didn't turn up didn't even have the courtesy to ring to cancel the viewing.

Waste of space, the lot of them.

Comment

Very annoying. Be careful too Horsfans to get cash (building society cheques are not necessarily cleared funds) before handing over the keys and obviously be careful if they want to test drive. Never let them take the bike on their own, even if they leave a car as collateral. The car could be nicked! Make them ride pillion. I am so suspicious aren't I??

I sold a wonderful 3 storey rat cage a while back and put it in the paper for £30.00 - NO OFFERS. I didn't want any haggling and it was worth at least £50.00. A woman turns up with two little boys and says "they only have £20.00. Will you accept that? They really, really want the cage and it's their pocket money".

I was so furious that a mum could use such emotional blackmail!!

Comment

Badger, that situation of offering before seeing is not that unusual. Was it a sought after car? i.e. Beetle/Mini/MG? When I sold my old Capri I was inundated. I just thought it was a tatty old car but to a Capri fanatic it was a pile of good spares. One mans junk is another man's .... err .... what is that phrase??

Not implying your old car was a pile of junk of course

Comment

The Ford Capri was a superb car and I remember well Bodie and Doyle in The Professionals going sideways in their Capri.

In fact I very rarely recall it ever going in a straight line.

Unfortunately, for my dad it was always "Dad we need to seriously consider getting a Capri" he got it all weekend - especially from me. Eventually dad got a nine month old Ford Capri. I was elated. For a while we thought we were the bees knees in it until they launched the Tickford Capri and the bloke down the road got one.

I remember that car with very good and fond memories. It was without question the car the whole family was proud of.

If I could get another one - I would do it like a shot.

It might have been a Ford Cortina in a party frock - but I loved it to bits.

Comment

A bl**dy LADA April for goodness sake what made him do that ?

I mean you can't compare a Silver Ford Capri to a Bright Yellow Lada can you ?

I bet if he sold that Lada on it's ended up back in Russia - they shipped thousands of the damn things back.

Comment

The Capri certainly was the 'daddy' of the boulevard cruise!!

I spent so much money repairing a Metro Turbo that almost everything under the bonnet was new! I sold that car for more than I bought it for!!

Funny, my dad had a Dolomite sprint which he traded in for ...............................a yellow MAXI !!!!

Aaaaarrrggghhhhhhhhhhh!

"Take off and nuke the site from orbit- it's the only way to be sure!"

apologies if you are an "Aliens" fan

Posh Noodle - NOT for the likes of YOU!!

Comment

Working...
              X