This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• super natural goings on

all ghost stories and other wierdness in here please....

I will have to make a list of all the biazarre things that have happened to me!!

A starling once appeared inside a closed clothes drawer, when I lived in a big old house as a kid.

He managed to fly off after a while. No idea what that was all about, though.

Comment

I'm a true believer in all of this.

I spent my teens on a farm which we'd renovated. The house was built in 1633. My room was downstairs and I'd got recessed shleves in the space where the fire used to be. I'd wake up warm in the night seeing a glow from the fire and the outline of someone dosing in a chair (no chairs in the room).

At Christmas, we had the tree up in the living room. Every night we switched the lights off, every morning - before anyone was up - the lights would have been switched back on.

The rocking chair would rock with no-one in it.

One evening when I was in on my own, a frying pan somehow ended up in the middle of the kitchen floor. I picked it up and put it in the cupboard. I went into another room and as I did so I heard a bang. I went back into the kitchen and a big storage tub of rice had "flown" off a high shelf and landed in the middle of the kitchen floor.

One night I had put the fire guard up and gone to bed (there were only embers left - that couldn't jump out of the fire). My dad (luckily) came back and woke me in the early hours. An ember had somehow landed on a bean bag and smouldered to nothing (noxious fumes everywhere), the only thing that saved the house from going up in flames was a camel haired rug under the beanbag.

Enough for now! There is more though and a long history of ESP in our family on my mum's side.

I feel safe in this house, even though it is built on the site of an old chapel!

Comment

we have lots of goings on here to...perhaps its a yorkshire thing!

I dont remember so much activity down south!

we have things move and hear footsteps upstairs when we are downstairs.

"Jim" loves to play tricks! he is great at turning the radio up and down, he hates boybands!!

a moisturiser bottle started rocking by itself once when I was sat on the loo...I said yes very clever and it just stopped dead still, didnt slowly rock to a halt, just as someone had grabbed it!

the clock in the lounge hasnt worked for months and every now and then the pendulum starts swinging but the time never changes!

I love living here!!

I have been hit in a church in wakefield for reading a book while waiting for something and I knew he was a man in a robe

The most poignant thing that happened to me recently was knowing my nana had died before the rest of my family, she came and visited me during the night and the next day I had the phone call

actually it was completly reassuring that she had come to say good bye to me, we had planned to drive down to Bedford that night to see her as we knew it would be the last time. she saved me the trip, bless her.

have loads of other bits but will tell you another day!

potty beth signing off!!

Comment

Here's one that can relate to nfh;

An OAP neighbour was walking up the lane pat nutter nfh's place. Nfh was sitting outside fixing her a bsiliisk stare as she walked past, staring at the old lady as she passed the whole length of the property.

From the original thread;

I'd like to see my NFH's head turn 360 degrees.[/b]

By all accounts it is not a pretty sight!

Comment

Makes me think of that film where they all take the supposed 'elixir of life' to make themselves look younger permanently? They then all fall apart, one of them does a 360 deg heard revolve!

Now, what on earth is it called - Hollywood production I think, female big stars.......anyone?!

Comment

One of my 'experiences' as follows .. the most personal one too but have loads more as me and a friend fancied ourselves as ghosthunters when we were in our early twenties!. - do have some tales to tell but not today...

An out of body experience.

You are all welcome to form your own opinion on this matter and no offence will be taken!!

When I was 21 I was involved in a very serious car accident. I fractured my skull, broke my neck, broke my pelvis, broke my knee not to mention the multiple head wounds due to broken glass etc.

I cannot remember anything about the accident except the following..

It was a November evening yet I seemed to be standing at the other side of the road . It was pitch black yet I could see everything but it seemed to be in 'black & white' .It was if you had spotted an accident at the other side of the road and had stopped for a look but I can only describe being totally overcome with a comlete feeling of puzzlement....why was MY car in that accident????.

I have absolutely no idea how long I watched the scene for but apparently under hypnosis I had a ' conversation' with 'someone' about the accident!!??..We have been absolutely unable to pin down 'who' this could have been??

I also remeber vividly that it was a quite stormy night , the grass nad trees were swaying about yet I could feel no sensation of wind and in fact it was absolutely silent all around me!!.

The firemen had to cut me from the car and I remained unconcious until I reached the hospital.

No bright lights or tunnels or none of that nonsense but a very very real experience for me.

HF

"Take off and nuke the site from orbit- it's the only way to be sure!"

apologies if you are an "Aliens" fan

Posh Noodle - NOT for the likes of YOU!!

Comment

This is all very spooky You obviously were having an out-of-body experience rather than a near-death experience then, HF. The son of one of our neighbours had a near-death experience after a nasty car crash. He said he could see the doctors working on him and then he went 'somewhere' and he didn't really want to come back.

I just found this article about the 'holographic universe' that might explain the supernatural, esp, regression etc. A very interesting read and all science based You can find it at: http://www.keelynet.com/biology/reality.htm

Misty
                "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

one of them does a 360 deg heard revolve!

Now, what on earth is it called - Hollywood production I think, female big stars.......anyone?![/b]

I was thinking The Exorcist when I posted my bit earlier.

Don't know if that's the one you meant, Matthew.

H.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew@May 5 2003, 5:43 PM

Makes me think of that film where they all take the supposed 'elixir of life' to make themselves look younger permanently? They then all fall apart, one of them does a 360 deg heard revolve!

Now, what on earth is it called - Hollywood production I think, female big stars.......anyone?!
                    Death Becomes Her (?) I think that's what it was called.

With Meryl Streep/ Goldie Hawn / Bruce Willis

Great film.

Comment

astral travel or astral planning, is the name of having lots of outa baody experiances.

you can do it while meditating, never managed it myself though!

yes Holly, matthew was thinking death becomes her!

HF: I totally believe you!

Comment

Originally posted by hollygolightly@May 5 2003, 11:39 PM

Death Becomes Her (?) I think that's what it was called.

With Meryl Streep/ Goldie Hawn / Bruce Willis
                        That's the one Holly! It was on the tip of my tongue........isn't it annoying when you can't remember things like that. Gawd, what will I be like at 65?

Comment

mmmm.... Goldie Hawn....

Comment

Originally posted by Homer@May 8 2003, 12:27 AM

mmmm.... Goldie Hawn....
                            Stop drooling Homer! Doh.

Comment

Give up!

Meryl Streep is a far better calibre of actress.

Comment

Working...
                              X