Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Correct - it's all down to how you complain about the product. I'm nicey, nicey, okey dokey, I guess it's just a one off but...

Which for me ends up getting the results that I want. But with the Land Rover - nope thats been going on since last October and I am only now starting to see the results of my final letter to them.

I do not agree with people becoming abusive and angry as Horsefans says there are ways to complain and put your case across. Providing that you put your case across in a positive way, sticking firmly to the facts and also being both firm but fair of the other persons role then you will come through with what you want out of it.

Personally I have found that being generally pleasant gets you that 'Extra mile and a smile'. I always leave with the same line which says well thank you for your time and trouble it is really appreciated. Works wonders for me!

Comment

I once worked for a very dodgy car dealer and was on the receiving end of a few complaints. I didn't stay long. So I realise that usually the person you are talking to is only there to accept your complaint and has to pass it on to somebody else. I'm never abusive to people over the phone or in person. My dad always told me you get better results with honey than with vinegar and I've followed his advice.

However if I'm writing a letter I can use a bit of sarcasm and it has yielded a few good results.

But I've checked my policy and if my computer isn't repaired within six weeks they have to replace it. This is one time when I'm hoping they can't fix something, hee hee hee.

Misty
      "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Misty sounds like the same policy as mine.

If you can leave it for the 6 weeks give it a go and don't contact them until the day after the 6 weeks deadline.

Also check if that 6 weeks includes weekends if they are shut.

We allowed them just bank holidays as days off as the shop advertise open 7 days a week.

Tracy

Comment

Bad news I was looking at the policy for my son's computer not mine No mention of 6 weeks on mine I still haven't received the recovery disk But I'll give it another day and then I'm going in all guns blazing!!

Misty
          "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Badger@Mar 27 2003, 2:01 PM

Just so long as they don't say it's lost in the post.

One of life's great lies - "the cheque is in the post".
            LOL, so true!

Had to listen to someone today (whilst she prepared an invoice totalling almost £250, 000!) discussing that NTL have been saying this to her for months now, ref an amount owed of £19 - she was right though and it's the principle of it too!

Comment

such a pity that all the cheques lost in the post couldnt miraculously be re-directed to my hoose!!

can only dream i suppose

"Take off and nuke the site from orbit- it's the only way to be sure!"

apologies if you are an "Aliens" fan

Posh Noodle - NOT for the likes of YOU!!

Comment

I went to the Comet website today and filled in a customer services feedback form. Got an email back this evening asking for all my details. I'll let you know what happens

Oh, talking of cheques, I won £5 on a Daily mail thingy the other week. To be honest I'd forgotten about it but the cheque arrived today I'm hoping it's the begining of a string of luck Or am I being too optimistic?

Misty

Comment

Working...
                X