This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Molly and babe

I'm getting a bit worried about Molly's treatment of her surviving offspring. She carried her (we're fairly sure it's a her) into my bedroom today and after giving the little one a good ol' cleaning she proceded to play with it like it was a toy mouse or something.

I got a bit worried in case she hurt it. Talk about abusive mothers! I put them both back under the bed and later she carried the poor mite downstairs!! She is now lying on my bed while little Boo (short for Boudicca ) is lying alone under the other bed I'm hoping she'll get the message when I turn the lights off and go back to her 'nest'

I took some photo's today. If anybody is interested they are at: http://uk.f2.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/mis...r=/pics&.view=l

It's my briefcase in yahoo. They are quite large and might take a minute or two to appear

Misty
    "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Thanks HN

Sweetpea, thanks for that advice It's sad to see a lonely kitten and Molly is pretty good most of the time but she does seem to play rough. She didnt' have a very good start to her own life so maybe she thinks rough play is normal :P

We've got a tiny bottle and some special cat-milk substitute so if Molly does eventually reject little Boo we've got some back-up I remember having to raise some puppies when their mother died two weeks after giving birth. Sadly all but one of those died but the survivor was about the best dog our family ever had. I'm hoping the same will hold true with little Boo who will be the most spoiled kitten ever

Misty
    "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Lovely to see Molly and Bootiful Boo, Misty. They're both gorgeous!

Let us know how they get on, and give 'em a big cuddle from me

Mrs B
      BE BOLSHY - RECLAIM YOUR GARDEN!

Comment

Awwwwwww Misty, they are beautiful!!

I feel all mushy looking at them!!

love the pink paddy paws!

Comment

They are both gorgeous, Misty!!! :thumbs: :thumbs:

Sensible comments from SP. Just keep an eye on them, but reckon this will be to try and teach Boo to learn the things her mum feels she needs to know. Btw, if you do end up having to hand-rear Boo will already have had a good start with the milk she's already had from Molly....one of mine was hand-reared after the rest of his siblings and the mother all died, and was a very strong cat. Hope all goes well, Misty.

Lily sends her love

Sapph

Comment

:wub:

Awwww, cuteness!!! :blush:

I hope that things work out - either way, the little kitty will be really well cared for by the sound of it

Comment

They are both lovely!

Hopefully little Boo will take after their namesake and be a proper little fighter!

Comment

Hope Molly and Boo are doing OK now, Misty??

Sapph and Lily send their love

Comment

Thank you Sapph

Mother and babe both doing well Little Boo is getting bigger by the day and her eyes are fully open now Molly still has bouts of 'lets-play-rough' but as soon as Boo squeals I have a word with her

Hope Lily is continuing to improve Sending some huggles for her from Molly, Boo and Brian

Misty

Comment

Hi Misty, glad to hear kitty is doing ok, I think she will be just fine. I saw your pictures and she is just so pretty, what a beautiful cat she will be when she is full grown. she kinda reminds me of one of my old cats, sadly departed now, aaawwwwww.....

sniff sniff
                    http://bestsmileys.com/sparkle/1.gif

I decree today that life

Is simply taking and not giving

England is mine - it owes me a living

But ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye

Oh, ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye ~ Morrisey/Marr

Politics is Showbusiness for ugly people ~ Jay Leno

I don't like liars, I don't like cheats. I don't like bullsh***ters. I don't like schmoozers. I don't like ar*e-lickers. ~ Sir Alan Sugar

"Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." ~ Samuel Johnson

The secret of success is the capacity to overcome failure ~ Noel Coward

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today ~ Laurence J. Peter

Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine ~ Lord Byron

Better bread with water than cake with trouble ~ Russian Proverb

There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a cup of tea ~ Bernard-Paul Heroux

Carpe Diem

Give Yourself to It ~ Sue Gadenne

Comment

Great to hear, Misty...that's good news :thumbs: :thumbs:

Huggles back from Lily to you, Molly, Brian and Boo; Lil continues to improve greatly!!!

Sapph

P.S. Any photo up-dates??

Comment

My daughter came in from work tonight and saw little Boo crawling towards Molly. "Aah", said daugher "she must be hungry" Er....noooo, greedy maybe, certainly not hungry. I've never seen such a tubby kitten!! She's not walking yet but I expect it won't be long before she's everywhere. Still in the 'wobbly head' stage right now :lol:

I've got some more pics which I will post in my Yahoo briefcase. Taken when Boo was asleep so as not to blind her with the flash

Sending lots of meows of greetings to Lily

Misty

Comment

Bless her little "wobbly head"! :hihi:

Glad she's getting tubby, and Molly seems to have forgotten her strange phase with her, and, of course, Lily and I send lots of purrs back, and await the next round of pics

Sapph

Comment

Three more pics at http://uk.f2.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/...=/pics&.view=l

I found out how to stop Molly's overactive grooming of little Boo. I fill a dish with her favourite food

Misty

Comment

Misty...unable to access. Got an error message that looked like your briefacse thought it was yourself trying to access it? (Says "there was a problem logging into your account").

Glad you've solved the over-grooming problem, btw...food, of course!! Why did we not think of that :P

Sapph

Comment

Working...
                              X