This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny Plants

About 20 yerars ago on a friday night as I stood waiting for my bus home, I stood in the pet shop door way. It was winter and chucking it down with rain and all alone in the cage was one last single kitten!!!!

Yep, used all my money to buy him and a carrier and walked 3 miles to my mums to ask for a lift home.

He was ginger, so I called him Monty Tom Cat. He was a little b***** too

Anyway about 2 months later. Came home from work, there was vile sick everywhere. Got a taxi straight to the vets. Injections and they kept him in. Got him back the next day. He still wasn't able to keep food down, so I got a little squirty thing just so I could at least get water in him.

I slept in the chair for 3 nights in case he needed me in the night :blush:

Anyway, took him back again. This time saw a different vet. As he had not eaten for so long his stomach had shrunk and they had to operate on him. He survived that and lived for another two years until he got rung over :angry:

HOWEVER, back to the what made him so poorly in the first place. When I saw the second vet he asked if the cat had eaten anything unusual?

He was fine but I have noticied he had chewed his way through 3 spider plants i said.

Low and behold, the cat had been on a trip!! App. the vet said the toxins in those kind of plants have a sort of chemical that gave the effects of something like LSD.

B) cat eh !!

Never had any of those plants since....I wonder why.

Hope that made you smile

Good god, Maria! 3 spider plants.....couldn't you just give him some cat food? :P

I heard they were poisonous, but then never thought a cat would actually eat them! Watch out for tiger lilies, as well, folks

The thought of my cats on LSD-type thing...doesn't bear thinking about :P

Sapph

Comment

Can hear him munching through it now :sicky:

Comment

My goodness, Maria2, your story reminded me of a cat my great aunt had.

he was, by all accounts quite an evil little g*t, not friendly at all. his name was Meeuuww (yes seriously) and he used to eat spider plants as well!!! my aunt used to get very fed up with it...so now i know why he was in such a foul mood most of the time, he was stoned out of his head!!!!
        http://bestsmileys.com/sparkle/1.gif

I decree today that life

Is simply taking and not giving

England is mine - it owes me a living

But ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye

Oh, ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye ~ Morrisey/Marr

Politics is Showbusiness for ugly people ~ Jay Leno

I don't like liars, I don't like cheats. I don't like bullsh***ters. I don't like schmoozers. I don't like ar*e-lickers. ~ Sir Alan Sugar

"Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." ~ Samuel Johnson

The secret of success is the capacity to overcome failure ~ Noel Coward

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today ~ Laurence J. Peter

Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine ~ Lord Byron

Better bread with water than cake with trouble ~ Russian Proverb

There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a cup of tea ~ Bernard-Paul Heroux

Carpe Diem

Give Yourself to It ~ Sue Gadenne

Comment

Poor pussies - wonder if they had hangovers the next day :lol:
          BE BOLSHY - RECLAIM YOUR GARDEN!

Comment

So, that's what happened to all my sister's spider plants! She's had loads of cats over the years and was forever complaining about them eating her plants, if only she knew they weren't over active but out of their brains on dope :lol:

Slightly off topic - our dog, Lassie, had puppies and we kept them in the tiny morning room. We'd put up a large board so we could keep an eye on them but they couldn't get into he living room. They were about eight weeks old and I went out to visit my mum. When I got back I first thought we'd been burgled but then I realised six little pups were all asleep under the coffe table and not in the other room where they should have been.

They had somehow managed to knock the board down and had a whale of a time trashing the living room. Plant pots and plants were scattered all over the room, ornaments had been knocked down, newspapers and magazines where chewed up and strewn everywhere, bottoms of curtains were shredded! And there they were, innocently gazing up at me as though nothing had happened. :P We've still got one of them, he's old now and sleeps the day away and wouldn't even think of trashing anything more than the food in his food bowl :P

Misty
            "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

isnt it funny what cats like? mine dont bother with catnip at all.

but i had a cat who would go bonkers for the smell of chlorine, so if i ever went swimming she would hang round me like she was totally my bestest ever friend, no amount of cuddles were too much, and boy, if i didnt put my swimming stuff in the washing machine straight away and she managed to find it, she would be in seventh heaven. she would roll around the floor with it in ecstasy :unsure: :lol: :blink:

bit pervy really, isnt it....i mean if it was human that did that you would think they were totally off their chumps!!! :hihi: :blink:
              http://bestsmileys.com/sparkle/1.gif

I decree today that life

Is simply taking and not giving

England is mine - it owes me a living

But ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye

Oh, ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye ~ Morrisey/Marr

Politics is Showbusiness for ugly people ~ Jay Leno

I don't like liars, I don't like cheats. I don't like bullsh***ters. I don't like schmoozers. I don't like ar*e-lickers. ~ Sir Alan Sugar

"Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." ~ Samuel Johnson

The secret of success is the capacity to overcome failure ~ Noel Coward

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today ~ Laurence J. Peter

Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine ~ Lord Byron

Better bread with water than cake with trouble ~ Russian Proverb

There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a cup of tea ~ Bernard-Paul Heroux

Carpe Diem

Give Yourself to It ~ Sue Gadenne

Comment

My cat who passed away nearly two years ago loved..... earwax :sicky: :lol:

Comment

The smell of swimming pools mmmmmmmmmmmmm, yes I can understand, I love the smell myself :blush:

The thought of puppies causing havoc not as they really did anything wrong, they were puppies having fun, they were after a bit of what the plants had to offer

But Ear Wax!!!!!!!! :sicky: that is gross

Strange creatures

Comment

Yeah Holly, yuk yuk yuk, and anyway how did you find that out. Did he sit on your shoulder?

Comment

I want to know more about this earwax thing too - I mean, how much earwax and how did it become apparent???! :hihi: 8-X

oooh didn't know about spider plants - very strange!

Comment

sometimes mad meg sits on the back of the chair and chews my hair, it does really pull and she is told off!

and yes she is partial to spider plants, I have caugfht her sitting on the toilet eating the ones on the bathroom windowsill!

she fell down the toilet once.....just as I was flushing it!! a soggy moggy! she didnt do it again!! :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by Maria2@Dec 10 2003, 11:50 PM

Low and behold, the cat had been on a trip!!* App. the vet said the toxins in those kind of plants have a sort of chemical that gave the effects of something like LSD.
                          Yikes! :lol:

I remember my Mum's old cat, he'd chew on spider plants for ages, that explains it then!

Comment

Our tortoiseshell tom, Hamlet used to sit on the draining board when I was peeling potatoes and snatch pieces of peel and consume them with relish. (Not the sauce/relish )

He was also partial to a drop of lager or wine. He was a strange little thing. We couldn't keep him in unless we closed all doors and windows but he knew exactly how to open the toilet door and window then he'd leap from the toilet window onto the shed and off he'd go.

It's said that cat's should have three names so Hamlet's other names were Rambo - because of his derring-do at escaping and 'French Bread Pete' because when he was a kitten he found he could lie fully prone in a French bread basket that we kept in the kitchen.

Misty
                            "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Mistyeyeddreamer@Dec 14 2003, 12:24 PM

Our tortoiseshell tom, Hamlet used to sit on the draining board when I was peeling potatoes and snatch pieces of peel and consume them with relish. (Not the sauce/relish )
                              Great story Misty! Clever cat!

Was it Hamlet after Shakespeare or the Cigar?!

(Our dog is particular to the odd drop of Stella) :cheers:

Comment

Working...
                              X