This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Happy Event

I'm all of dither We've been panicking all weekend because Molly, our cat has been showing all the signs of giving birth. We've allbeen dancing attendance on her and she has been lapping it up. No wonder they're called Queens :P

Anyway, tonight she slipped off and found a quiet place under daughter's bed and so far we have three kittens If there was any doubt about the paternity, well there isn't any more. They are all the spitting image of 'Romeo', a local tom who was forever serenading Molly under the window. I'd sue for for child support but I think all I'd get is half a cold mouse :P

Off now to see if there's any more

Misty
    "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

YEAH!!!!! :thumbs: about time too you can tell Molly from me, we were tired of waiting!

hope they are all happy and healthy!

big cuddle for Molly Cat! :flowers: :flowers:

Comment

Misty I hope that they are all okay. Give them a few weeks - and they'll be causing havok...... :blink:

Comment

:thumbs:

Ahhhhh....kittens. Lovely. We've always had cats but never any kittens (the cats have always been 'done' before we adopted them)

What colour are they Misty?

Congratulations to Molly and Romeo (lived up to his name there! )

Mrs B
        BE BOLSHY - RECLAIM YOUR GARDEN!

Comment

How cute, i love cats !!! will you be keeping them?????
          http://bestsmileys.com/sparkle/1.gif

I decree today that life

Is simply taking and not giving

England is mine - it owes me a living

But ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye

Oh, ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye ~ Morrisey/Marr

Politics is Showbusiness for ugly people ~ Jay Leno

I don't like liars, I don't like cheats. I don't like bullsh***ters. I don't like schmoozers. I don't like ar*e-lickers. ~ Sir Alan Sugar

"Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." ~ Samuel Johnson

The secret of success is the capacity to overcome failure ~ Noel Coward

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today ~ Laurence J. Peter

Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine ~ Lord Byron

Better bread with water than cake with trouble ~ Russian Proverb

There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a cup of tea ~ Bernard-Paul Heroux

Carpe Diem

Give Yourself to It ~ Sue Gadenne

Comment

Thank you all for your lovely comments I'll pass them on to the proud mum

I think the final count is three They are black and white, just like their dad. (Molly is all black). I don't know what dad's name is, (or even if he has one, he might be a stray) we just call him Romeo because he used to sit on the shed yowling at Molly who would be sitting on the bedroom window ledge gazing down at him, a sort of feline Romeo and Juliet act :lol:

I'd forgotten just how tiny newborn kittens are! I can hold the three of them in one hand. Sorry if I sound like an excited kid but I feel quite elated about our new family

Our other cat Brian (the eunuch ) is taking it all very calmly. In fact he's ignoring it all......for now. Give it four or five weeks and he'll be looking for hiding places :lol:

I'll post a pic when they are a bit older and look more like kittens and less like baby rats

I'm keeping one, Annabel, the other two will be moving in with my daughter

Misty
            "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Fantastic news, Misty! Congratulations! :thumbs: Allow me to wet the kittens heads! :wine: :wine: :wine: (any excuse :lol: ).

Sapph

Comment

Oh bless, kittens. I love 'em. Well done puss.

Comment

Sad postscript

I had a feeling Molly might have another kitten inside her as he side was still slightly 'bumpy'. I'd heard that sometimes cats can give birth one day and have another 24 hours later. This morning we found another kitten beside her but sadly it was dead

My daughter is taking her (Molly) to the vet tonight and have her checked over, just in case there might be a problem.

The other kits seem to be doing fine

Misty

Comment

Hi Misty,

Sorry to hear your news. It's really sad.

I hope that she's okay when the vet checks her out and that the other three kittens are doing okay.

Blue Cow

Comment

Originally posted by Mistyeyeddreamer@Dec 10 2003, 11:33 AM

Sad postscript

I had a feeling Molly might have another kitten inside her as he side was still slightly 'bumpy'.* I'd heard that sometimes cats can give birth one day and have another 24 hours later.* This morning we found another kitten beside her but sadly it was dead

My daughter is taking her (Molly) to the vet tonight and have her checked over, just in case there might be a problem.*

The other kits seem to be doing fine

Misty
                      awww :sad:

Comment

So sorry to hear that.

Hope the vets give her the all clear and the others are doing well.

Comment

That's really sad news, Misty . I hope that there are no more that don't live, and that Molly is given the all-clear after the check-up...her other kittens need her a lot right now . Hugs from me Lily and me!

Sapph (the vibes are on their way back!)

Comment

More sad news, another little 'un died Daughter couldn't get home in time to take them to the vet and is hoping to be able to do it tomorrow.

I'm wondering if it's a genetic thing. Molly's mother has had three litters that we know of (she's a stray) and as far as we know only Molly and a kitten from the litter after her, which my sister took in, have survived My sister tried to capture the mother so she could get her to the PDSA for spaying but she's far too cunning to be caught Molly was quite sick when we caught her and her surviving sister, unfortunately the vet had to put her sister to sleep and didn't hold out much hope for Molly but my daughter nursed her back to health.

So those returned vibes will be much welcomed Sapph.

Misty

Comment

Misty, so sorry.

Natures way.

Wishing them all well.

Maria

Comment

Working...
                              X