Clear All

• Christianity and NFH

Hi,

Someone gave me this quote from the bible to help

face each day and the evil forces that try to destroy

our lives.

The whole armour of God

Ephesians 6:10-18

10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.

11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness,

15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

16 above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one.

17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God;

18 praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints-- NKJV

Hope this helps someone else too

Melanie

Thanks for that Mel.

I think people get nurture, strength and help from many different beliefs and spiritual backgrounds and there are many different religions that individuals draw on in times of need and on a regular basis.

Comment

HN - you don't need to get in contact with them....they are already with you. And it's during times of need that you find out who they are

Sorry to sound really corny - but it's the truth!

Comment

I've heard some very weird stories about guardian angels (nice ones ).

But, whenver I think of angels, it reminds me of that film with Nicholas Cage & Meg Ryan, "City of Angels"...... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Comment

Hi,

I firmly believe in Guardian Angels but I can't offer proof that they

are there. Two instances in my NFH saga where I believe I was helped

to think clearly and helped by people who didnt have to help me

was firstly in getting my dog back from NFH (no-one had to help me

but they did and I had such a strong feeling that NFH had my dog and

something/someone helped my figure out very quickly what to do as

I believe I only had a short time to act or it would be too late).

Secondly, someone did some work for me and hasnt even sent me

the bill yet (usually wanted payment on completion) for moving stuff

dumped on my property by NFH that was going to get me into big trouble

with the local Government and a potential fine. All I did was tell the story

of how the stuff got there and the person said they would help.

It was great. The person felt sorry for me and understood the stress the

problem was causing.

Re the "Armour of God" quote, from the first line

"For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.", my friend who is a firm Christian, gave me

this quote from the bible to try and explain why some evil happens that seeems

to have no rational answer. Maybe it is one explanation as to why some evil

happens that we can't explain. I often think re my NFH, why did this happen

to me? I can come up with several explanations but I will never truly know

because no-one knows what makes NFH's act the way they do. Maybe it is

just pure evil trying to disrupt our lives.

Melanie

Comment

Well anyone who's read my "Stupid Neighbours" thread will recall the classic moment when the brickwork the NFH was standing on collapsed and he fell into his pond.

This after I'd concentrated all my mental energy on the brickwork after he insulted our 18 month old son.

I can't say I'm a religious person at all, but there are forces there which we can tap into. But its up to us to use them responsibly. Negative forces will attract more negative forces and vice versa.
            Now, these creatures are bringers of death and misery. They will never eat, they will never sleep, and they will never stop.

We are part of an ancient secret society. For three thousand years we have guarded the Cities and Towns. We are sworn at manhood to do any and all in our power to stop the NFH from ever being reborn into this world.

So what's the plan?

Rescue the damsel in distress, stop the bad guys, save the world.

Comment

Hi SP.

I like the 23rd psalm and the Lord's Prayer. I learned those prayers

at a very early age and nothing seems more comforting than the

23rd psalm sometimes.

Melanie

The Twenty third Psalm

1 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he

leadeth me beside the still waters.

3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths

of righteousness for his name's sake.

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the

shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with

me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence

of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil;

my cup runneth over.

6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the

days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the

Lord for ever.

Comment

Similar to sentiments contained within the Holy Qu'ran, Melanie. For example,

In the name of Allah, Most gracious, Most Merciful

"As to the Righteous, they shall be amidst (cool) shades and springs (of water).

And (they shall have) fruits - all they desire.

Eat ye and drink ye to your heart's content: for that ye have worked (righteousness).

Thus do We certainly reward the Doers of Good"

( Surah 77 "Those Sent Forth" )

and

" But Allah will deliver them from the evil of that Day, and will shed over them a Light of Beauty and (blissful) Joy.

And because they were patient and constant, He will reward them with a Garden and (garments of) silk.

Reclining in the (Garden) on raised thrones, they will see there neither the sun's (excessive heat) nor the (the moon's) excessive cold.

And the shades of the (Garden) will come low over them, and the bunches(of fruit) there will hang low in humility.

And amongst them will be passed round vessels of silver And goblets of crystal....

And when thou lookest, it is there thou wilt see a Bliss and a Realm Magnificent"

(Surah 76 "Man" )

Sapph

Comment

Hi Saph,

Thanks for that Saph. Similar sentiments I see.

It is good that Christmas is coming isn't it?

A nice distraction away from NFH stuff and

perhaps a distraction to NFH's to keep them busy

so we all get a break from their loony behaviour.

Melanie

Comment

actually Mel, many NFH get a lot worse at Christmas, I used to dread it

theres a poll on the main page about it, at the moment 21% of people say their NFH get worse at christmas and 42% of people say the NFH are exactly the same as all year round.

sadly 0% of people have actually said their NFH's get better at christmas

unfortunatley christmas can be a very very hard time with NFH, wish everyone could have a break from them.

and christmas not the only celebration coming up, Eid tomorrow! :happyparty:

Comment

ps...if anyone would like to look at the poll its on the main site neighbours from hell in britian dont forget to vote!

these polls are for fun but also are helping us get a clearer picture of NFHs around the country!

Comment

Working...
                      X