This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Blaine

I cant help laughing when I hear of all the things that are happening to David Blaine as he sits in his plastic box by Tower Bridge... I know its wicked and evil of me but I had to laugh when I hear of all the stunts people are pulling to try and wind him up. and people pass by mooning at him or eating great big greasy burgers... :lol:

and he was freaking out when someone shone a laser pen at him as he thought it was a gun's viewfinder

seems like he is getting his fair share of neighbours from hell!!! poor sausage..

does anyone reckon he will get stick it out until the end? it would be amazing if he did, but i do wonder what purpose this will serve? isnt it a bit of a dangerous example? saying you can literally not eat for 44 days and you wont die/do yourself harm/ we dont know what harm you will come to??????
    http://bestsmileys.com/sparkle/1.gif

I decree today that life

Is simply taking and not giving

England is mine - it owes me a living

But ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye

Oh, ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye ~ Morrisey/Marr

Politics is Showbusiness for ugly people ~ Jay Leno

I don't like liars, I don't like cheats. I don't like bullsh***ters. I don't like schmoozers. I don't like ar*e-lickers. ~ Sir Alan Sugar

"Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." ~ Samuel Johnson

The secret of success is the capacity to overcome failure ~ Noel Coward

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today ~ Laurence J. Peter

Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine ~ Lord Byron

Better bread with water than cake with trouble ~ Russian Proverb

There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a cup of tea ~ Bernard-Paul Heroux

Carpe Diem

Give Yourself to It ~ Sue Gadenne

To be honest, Annabel, I can't see the point in it at all. What is he trying to prove? It's not as if 44 days is anywhere near a record. And is anybody checking the water that he's being given? Whose to say it's not got something in it to help him?

As for the laser pen, well even if it wasn't a sniper, the fact is that those lasers are dangerous. I thought they'd been banned because of the danger they present to eyesight.

All in all, a very silly, pointless stunt. There are people in the world who REALLY are dying from hunger, he'd be better off helping them.

Misty
    "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Talk about a crash diet ... he should try 'Atkins' instead

FF
      Howard:"You wanna be careful, before you know it you'll wake up in a bush singing songs about brooms"

Vince:"You don't know anything about me. Do you know anything about me?"

Howard:"I know...of you"

Vince:"Yeah, well, if you knew me you'd know that I don't sing songs about brooms...I sing songs about love...

Lovely lady with the eye

Lovely lady with the eye

You've only got one but it's a good one

Lovely lady with the eye, the eye, the eye, the eye, the eye

coming forward on a string, thats not normal, urgh

Yeah! I'm in a band..."

Comment

I heard that he's getting a hard time too - a rude awakening for him as he was hero worshipped during the last stunt he did in the States...

Dearie me, I agree, it does seem pretty pointless.

Mooning though - har har, how British!!!

Comment

what can I say????????

the silly man is choosing to sit in a see through box, peeing in public and not eating for 44 days :huh:

I guess channel 4 and sky are paying him a hell of a lotta money!!

why else would you do it if it wasnt for cash???

hes not proving anything apart from the fact he is a sandwich short of a picnic!

Comment

I've just been reading about Derren Brown, the illusionist who is going to play Russian roulette with a live bullet on TV tonight :unsure:

I think that he's giving David Blane a run for his money in the "who can do the most pointless and irresponsible illusion of all time" competition :banghead:

Comment

:huh:

Hmm, not sure what to think of it all - I'll probably HAVE to watch Derren Brown just out of sheer noseyness, now I have heard all the hype :lol: .

It must be a big trick, surely he won't come to any harm???

But the reviews I've read are trying to say that a volunteer who applied for the job of loading the gun will actually be loading it ''without interference'' and Derren Brown is supposed to 'mind-read' when he thinks the live bullet will come and at that point he will turn the gun away from his head - sounds macabre...

oooh I don't know :blink:

Comment

But the reviews I've read are trying to say that a volunteer who applied for the job of loading the gun will actually be loading it ''without interference''

Apparently he had 12000 people who volunteered to load the gun for him.

I really think that's sick.

Comment

One other thing that crossed my mind was that I thought that this kind of stunt being shown on the TV contravenes Broadcasting Standards/ Codes of Conduct/Ethics etc, so I don't really know how they are getting away with it, that's why I can only think it must all be hype and a big ruse... :unsure:

Comment

I know what you are saying HE :sad: .

I can feel a full-on rant coming on!!!!!! :badmood:

I could rant on all day and night about how I feel about guns just being treated as some sort of trendy accessory in our society...perhaps we should move to Ranter's Corner as I'd like to rant on about a stupid woman I saw laughing at her son ''shooting'' her with a toy gun the other day :angry: and then there was another allowing her boy to stab her tummy with a toy dagger!!!!!! :rant:

How can people be bringing their children (in particular, boys) up like this?? :angry:

No wonder we and our children (esp boys..) are de-sensitised to stunts like the one going to appear on our screens this evening.

Weapons are not toys. They are to be despised. Weapons end life - end of. :rant:

Mazza

:frown:

Comment

I think it is one big con. Whenever you see him, he's covered with a large white blanket. Like the types they use in hospitals. And baggy clothes, had to see if he has lost weight. He gets up and moves around. He does not look weak. Anyone weak from lack of food would move around very slowly. He's prepared for this.

GG.

Comment

We keep hearing that television and videos, etc are the cause of half the evils in our society and now kids are able to watch grown men play CHICKEN with their lives.

HE, I could not agree more! The news this week has been full of gun crime and then we have this? It is sick! This whole society is getting sicker by the minute, we should be trying to restore morals and manners!!

There is a group in Florida who advertised that at their gig they were going to have a terminally ill person on stage who would commit suicide there! So suicide is now a spectator sport? :rant: The last I heard the local council had passed a new law which meant they would be prosecuted. How strange that they have now said it won't go ahead! Well done the local council.

I was listening to 5live last night and a young man described our present society as being as far down the road of debauchery as it could be. I think he is probably right.

As for David Blaine, I keep hearing rumours that he will not mere come down after 44 days but that there is something more to the stunt. Didn't he make it appear that he'd disappeared from the top of the column he was standing on in the US? Whatever he does, I think it is pointless and stupid!

Misty
                        "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

:huh:

, Did anyone watch the Russian Roulette show then?

I must confess I did. I think the bloke, Derren whatever, is very shrewd, but what he does is quite obvious in a way. he has learned how to read people's body language and the way people will act if put into certain situations.

i watched the process he went through when eliminating the people who had volunteered to load the gun, the psychological tests he put them through and I just though that if we thought about it, we would have been able to make the same decisions as he did. some of the decisions seemed very obvious, like when he asked one person from each group of three to volunteer to be eliminated and then kept them in because they had showed selflessness...

my feeling is, when he got the chap to sit on the chair and count up to six, that it was from that he worked out where the bullet was in the gun, the blokes voice definitely betrayed the truth.

i didnt understand why anyone would want to pull a stunt like that at first but having seen the programme its now quite boringly obvious, small man with big ego, attention seeking, inflated sense of own importance...all very dull.

its how come they convince television companies to broadcast such tasteless nonsense that gets me, all down to generating £££££££s.

exactly why david blaine does all his absurd stunts as well.

I decree today that life

I don't like liars, I don't like cheats. I don't like bullsh***ters. I don't like schmoozers. I don't like ar*e-lickers. ~ Sir Alan Sugar

"Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." ~ Samuel Johnson

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today ~ Laurence J. Peter

There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a cup of tea ~ Bernard-Paul Heroux

Carpe Diem

Comment

So, he came to no harm which is a good thing even if he is a fool. I still think televising this stunt was a disgrace. Completely irresponsible, and I wonder whether we'll find others less "skilled" trying it with fatal consequences.

Comment

true hadenough, they had to film it abroad (in secret location, noone could therefore get arrested) because of handgun laws here and there was a time delay on it, it wasnt completely live. so channel 4 has had to skirt round the law which is a disgrace, and why? just to flatter one man's ego.

first they did that horrible autopsy thing then david blaine and now this, what next?. they must have a seriously deranged and freaky programme commissioner at channel 4 right now.

I decree today that life

Carpe Diem

Comment

Working...
                              X