This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to win £100 quid ?

Basically its a game where you buy and sell shares, on the celebdaq league board. And you can win £100 pounds if you do really well.

They give you 10,000 pounds to start with [not real money] shame, and you can create mini leagues to play with family or friends. The web address is www.bbc.co.uk.

Just been for a look.....looks fun, gonna have a go!

Sapph

Comment

aha

i have been nosing around this as well, and my conclusion is that some of the shares are well over priced !!!!! if this was a real market i am sure the bubble would have burst already!!! :lol:

but it is a laugh and good fun, if u can be bothered to keep up with celeb goss!

p.s. i suggest a few quid on rachel stevens out of sclub 7
      http://bestsmileys.com/sparkle/1.gif

I decree today that life

Is simply taking and not giving

England is mine - it owes me a living

But ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye

Oh, ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye ~ Morrisey/Marr

Politics is Showbusiness for ugly people ~ Jay Leno

I don't like liars, I don't like cheats. I don't like bullsh***ters. I don't like schmoozers. I don't like ar*e-lickers. ~ Sir Alan Sugar

"Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." ~ Samuel Johnson

The secret of success is the capacity to overcome failure ~ Noel Coward

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today ~ Laurence J. Peter

Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine ~ Lord Byron

Better bread with water than cake with trouble ~ Russian Proverb

There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a cup of tea ~ Bernard-Paul Heroux

Carpe Diem

Give Yourself to It ~ Sue Gadenne

Comment

Gosh, sounds like fun! I might have a go...

Comment

OK, I signed up -and within 2 minutes had already made a small loss! Doesn't look like I am going to win the £100! Well, not this week, anyway! :lol:

Comment

As usual, another BBC mess! Why, why, WHY do they insist on designing their own software which never works quite as well as commercially available and probably cheaper products?

Their log-in recognition keeps failing. And on their message boards (same with this Celebdaq service) they keep losing registration details.

Comment

After re-logging in I succeeded and this Celabdaq thing is great fun!

Comment

hah, i'm in profit after 36 hours..

some of it is a bit crappy though, there's a thing where if you reach £1million over the weekend you get "kneecapped" and they drop you back to the point you started at, there's a way around it by selling/buying repeatedly to get yourself down to £999,999.99 before a sunday evening, seems the regulars know how to best work the system to give themselves a much better chance of winning than anyone else has...

Comment

Wile-e

But, you've just reduced the "regulars" odds of winning nicely :lol: And in an altruistic fashion towards your fellow members here :lol:

Good luck all

Sapph

Comment

Yep. What a nice person! :lol:

Comment

Well guys & girls,

Come friday I will be buying my shares again. my best position so far has been 33952 and my worst 78682. And I have a cool 40 thousand. I started with one account but I am a bad loser so now I have 3.

GG.

Comment

Due to some bizarre BBC logon error I have two accounts, both with the same name, but only one I can access on their system. Though they only send me email updates on the account I CAN'T access! :lol:

Comment

heh, i'm at 13 thousand and odd-th position on the league board... got just under £70k so far

update 25/09/03 - i'm now ranked in the mid 5000's ))) lol... why-oh-why can't i manage this with real money though

Comment

Yay! Got in this morning and checked my Daq account while going through my mails, I'm at number 708!!!!! whooo hooo.... heh.

Comment

Are you 'daq'ers' then? Shame it's not real loot eh £££££

Comment

Working...
                              X