This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Don't Believe It!

I've just seen this. I heard about it last week and thought it was a joke but it isn't.

Here is the action-man doll of George W.Bush. Dressed up in his aviators uniform looking very heroic and macho. Let's forget that the landing on the aircraft carrier was totally staged and only a few miles offshore, so he could have gone by helicopter. Let's forget that this spoilt rich man's son escaped being sent to Vietnam like many young Americans, preferring to serve his time with the National Guard. Did I say serve? He wasn't even there long enough to serve a cup of tea! He even went AWOL! And how bravely he calls to so called terrorists to 'bring 'em on' when he's not in the firing line. How bravely he sends other men and women to fight his war.
    "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

This is truly horrendous, an abomination. Who believes this image? We don't, but sadly, there are those who do...

Comment

Misty,

It is unbelievable but here stands the Americans, our closest ally. As individuals I don't mind them, but as a nation, dear me.

The only super power in the world and we are in their pocket totally. Maybe it's not the Americans we should look at but ourselves.

What happened to us? :cry:

Kevin

Comment

Buy one to stick pins in, I say!
        "Poor Tom shall lead thee" (King Lear)

Comment

Sadly, it doesn't surprise me one little bit to see that.

Sapph

Comment

But you'll notice they got the confused gerrbil look exactly right, didn't they? :hihi:

Comment

is this not patriotism gone mad, post september 11???

mind i have seen worse dolls, e.g. spice girls, hearsay, etc
              http://bestsmileys.com/sparkle/1.gif

I decree today that life

Is simply taking and not giving

England is mine - it owes me a living

But ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye

Oh, ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye ~ Morrisey/Marr

Politics is Showbusiness for ugly people ~ Jay Leno

I don't like liars, I don't like cheats. I don't like bullsh***ters. I don't like schmoozers. I don't like ar*e-lickers. ~ Sir Alan Sugar

"Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." ~ Samuel Johnson

The secret of success is the capacity to overcome failure ~ Noel Coward

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today ~ Laurence J. Peter

Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine ~ Lord Byron

Better bread with water than cake with trouble ~ Russian Proverb

There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a cup of tea ~ Bernard-Paul Heroux

Carpe Diem

Give Yourself to It ~ Sue Gadenne

Comment

Neighboured - :hihi:

Annabel - you took the words right out of my mouth - Hearsay was possibly even more evil exploitation of the gullible than the Dubya doll .

True enough, I'd heard of the doll too but thought it was a joke - how wrong!!! :unsure:

dearie me - well watch out for Blair dolls next and goodness, imagine Iain D Smith if he gets in - har har :hihi:

Comment

:lol:

he he @ Mazza

An IDS doll will surely have aboiled egg as a head, what????

I like it on Have I Got News For You, Paul Merson always refers to IDS as twins, Iain and Duncan Smith, then when he found out IDS's first name is actually George, he started calling him/them triplets!!!!!! :hihi: :hihi:

It is only a matter of time before David 'The Duke' Dickinson has a doll out which will look like an orange with 'Queen Anne' Legs...('ere, I tell you what, itd be cheap as chips!)
                  http://bestsmileys.com/sparkle/1.gif

I decree today that life

Is simply taking and not giving

England is mine - it owes me a living

But ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye

Oh, ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye ~ Morrisey/Marr

Politics is Showbusiness for ugly people ~ Jay Leno

I don't like liars, I don't like cheats. I don't like bullsh***ters. I don't like schmoozers. I don't like ar*e-lickers. ~ Sir Alan Sugar

"Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." ~ Samuel Johnson

The secret of success is the capacity to overcome failure ~ Noel Coward

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today ~ Laurence J. Peter

Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine ~ Lord Byron

Better bread with water than cake with trouble ~ Russian Proverb

There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a cup of tea ~ Bernard-Paul Heroux

Carpe Diem

Give Yourself to It ~ Sue Gadenne

Comment

Yes, but even so at least IDS (who me? silent?) really *did* serve in an army. Unlike the Bush Baby who found the National Guard too hard to cope with! :hihi: :P

Comment

My favourite characature of ol' Jay doublya is the '2D TV' buffoon, who has to have everything explained to him by a sock puppet called 'Professor Leibstrom'

FF
                      Howard:"You wanna be careful, before you know it you'll wake up in a bush singing songs about brooms"

Vince:"You don't know anything about me. Do you know anything about me?"

Howard:"I know...of you"

Vince:"Yeah, well, if you knew me you'd know that I don't sing songs about brooms...I sing songs about love...

Lovely lady with the eye

Lovely lady with the eye

You've only got one but it's a good one

Lovely lady with the eye, the eye, the eye, the eye, the eye

coming forward on a string, thats not normal, urgh

Yeah! I'm in a band..."

Comment

Did you know that Bush Snr's term for the average American citizen is OFU?

OFU=One Fodder Unit.

Sort of says it all about the Bushes, doesn't it

Misty
                        "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Working...
                        X