This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grrr And Double Grr

tut cuh...i can now access interweb okay through each comp..but on new comp..there is an extra thing....whihc has now disappeared "unknown interweb connection...not the ethernet but as well as, above it...interweb not usable if thats disabled..but its gone now which is weird.

can't werk out how to setup homenetwerk..tried the wizard things...aetup disk....but can't see anthing more than other comp name....once "show workgroup puters showed oth comps...but error message when clicked...aww i give up..sick of this...was just venting my wibble....phunny though the new P4...this HT malarcy....coz my comps says in multiple places its got two processors:P

sqwuiblle

perhaps muckshifter can help you vernon!!! :P

Comment

Doubt anyone else is up to the job, Beth/Vern :lol:

Sapph

Comment

Hello Vernon,

We have 2 p4 laptops networked using windows xp, with a 1meg ntl connection by a cable modem. If you are using similar you need to use a USB cable from the modem to the desktop. Use the desktop as the ADMINISTRATER.

You then need to use a ETHERNET cable to link the desktop to the laptop which is the HOST.

When you reinstall the network wizard you need to run it on both computers. Make sure that the adminstrater connects directly to the internet.

Make sure that the host CONNECTS BY ANOTHER COMPUTER.

B)

Comment

Working...
        X