This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Comedy Programmes

I was watching Porridge last night and it really struck me just how brilliantly written and acted it is. So I started thinking about all the excellent comedies we have had on telly over the years and I was just wondering what everyone else thought. I would definitely put Porridge up near the top!!!

Fawlty Towers has recently been on and still makes me laugh. :hihi: :hihi: And I have a very soft spot for The Good Life, I dont know why!!!

:lol:
    http://bestsmileys.com/sparkle/1.gif

I decree today that life

Is simply taking and not giving

England is mine - it owes me a living

But ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye

Oh, ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye ~ Morrisey/Marr

Politics is Showbusiness for ugly people ~ Jay Leno

I don't like liars, I don't like cheats. I don't like bullsh***ters. I don't like schmoozers. I don't like ar*e-lickers. ~ Sir Alan Sugar

"Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." ~ Samuel Johnson

The secret of success is the capacity to overcome failure ~ Noel Coward

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today ~ Laurence J. Peter

Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine ~ Lord Byron

Better bread with water than cake with trouble ~ Russian Proverb

There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a cup of tea ~ Bernard-Paul Heroux

Carpe Diem

Give Yourself to It ~ Sue Gadenne

A Bit of a Do - why don't they repeat that one (they seem to with all the others, hundreds of times over )?

Comment

Hi Annabel,

You're a UK Gold fan like me then! I agree, Porridge is excellent and I think Ronnie Barker is amazing in all his humour.

I have a long list, but here are the ones that come to mind at the mo:

Classic Stuff

- The Good Life (no suprise for me, see my profile - got every episode)

- Open All Hours

- Only Fools & Horses (like this more and more as I get older!)

- Blackadder (amazing!)

'Newer' Stuff

- The Royle Family (shame it ended)

- The Office (only seen a few, but very funny!)

- The Kumars (comedy show, does this count?!)

Comment

:lol: I love the Kumars too!

But I also laugh at Bo Selecta! as well, its so mad!!!! (especially when he does lorraine kelly, so cringeworthy!!! eeeek

i doubt there is a person in this country that doesnt like fools and horses, its just a complete classic!!

i do like some american stuff as well, love frasier and i am getting into will and grace...used to love roseanne as well

i must be a telly addict!!!! :hihi:

I decree today that life

I don't like liars, I don't like cheats. I don't like bullsh***ters. I don't like schmoozers. I don't like ar*e-lickers. ~ Sir Alan Sugar

"Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." ~ Samuel Johnson

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today ~ Laurence J. Peter

There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a cup of tea ~ Bernard-Paul Heroux

Carpe Diem

Comment

Father Ted and The Young Ones.

From Stateside I love South Park and That's My Bush, which I don't think has been shown over here
          Now, these creatures are bringers of death and misery. They will never eat, they will never sleep, and they will never stop.

We are part of an ancient secret society. For three thousand years we have guarded the Cities and Towns. We are sworn at manhood to do any and all in our power to stop the NFH from ever being reborn into this world.

So what's the plan?

Rescue the damsel in distress, stop the bad guys, save the world.

Comment

oooh rockbank, how could i forget father ted...i have all the videos as well!!!!!tsk tsk.

definitely one of my all time faves, and 'im very cynical, ted'.

never liked south park, they talked too fast!!!!

I decree today that life

Carpe Diem

Comment

:lol: :lol: :lol: Bo Selecta! Poor Lorraine :lol: . It's the Scary Spice one that really gets me :lol:

Comment

:hihi: Tommy Cooper was one of the greatest. He didn`t have to say anything but was funny. As for that Fez! :angel: Peace

Comment

i would agree and say

"young wuns ,...father ted...fawlty towers....montily python.....goon show....frasier was funny..hmm what else..simpsons!

ectera.

Comment

Abso;utely fabulous, darlings! OOPS, fag ash all over keyboard!!

Patsy

Comment

Oohhh, mention of Young Ones, makes me think of "Bottom" - hilarious too! :lol: :lol:

Comment

Annabel,

My wife hated it , I fell of the chair laughing at it.

"The Office" classic stuff.

Kevin

Comment

Oh yes, couldn't ever forget Viiiiiiiiiiiiiiictor! :lol:

Comment

rising damp april!!!

never liked that one myself, probably becoz i'd hear what leonard rossiter was like in real life and it put me off him. ditto tony hancock - my mum practically worshipped him but i thought he was a total misery!!!!

I decree today that life

Carpe Diem

Comment

Bodybags in Bad Girls is hilarious :lol: . She was on fine form last night.

Comment

Working...
                              X