Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NHS tells doctors: You must treat all foreigners to protect their human rights... but

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHS tells doctors: You must treat all foreigners to protect their human rights... but

I have posted this in the "let it rip" section as although it is daily news I am fuming after reading this today.

It is so infuriating that the NHS can actually do this, why should people from other Countries be allowed to free medical care that we have paid for; it is difficult enough to get an appointment to see a GP or Consultant or even hospital tests without being invaded by Health Tourists taking over and getting free treatment :rant:I can remember that I couldn't register at a specific surgery which was 5 mins away & within walking distance from where I lived but had to register at one 15 minutes away which I had to drive to - so how might these "health tourist" be allowed to register wherever they want :angry:

Something has got to be done to stop this imho ...

==========================================

Health tourists must be given free treatment by GPs because it is their human right, say NHS bosses.

New guidelines tell doctors across England they must register any foreign patient who asks for care otherwise it would be ‘discriminatory’.

These include asylum seekers, overseas students or tourists coming for a short holiday. Once registered, they will be entitled to the same NHS care as all other patients and can receive free blood tests, jabs and – in some cases – free prescription drugs.

Must treat: New guidelines tell doctors across England they must register any foreign patient who asks for care otherwise it would be 'discriminatory'

In fact, the new rules will give overseas patients more rights than those living in the UK who can be turned away from surgeries if they live a few yards outside its catchment area

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz29AtmtVh4

Quite agree, the fact that doctors can treat those people coming from overseas or known as health tourists, is ridiculous!

Soft touch Britain!

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew
      Soft touch Britain!
      Oh yes about time we lost the soft touch!!!

Comment

Absolutley agree,if you dont pay into the system why should you be entitled to free treatment,the health service is in dire need of funds its madness to agree to this :huh:

Comment

Working...
        X