This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nails In Tyres

I am really fed up!!! I have tried very hard (we all have) and have been succeeding in keeping ourselves to ourselves and not letting the NFH's bother me, even though with all this nice weather their brats have been outside from 7 am. to nearly 10 p.m. at night plaguing everyone on ourside of the road with their footballs and general racket.

a couple of months ago we had to have two tyres mended on one of our cars because there were nails in them. I know this is very common, but yesterday my husband found another nail in one of his car tyres and lo and behold I have one as well!!!! My husband is livid and he really thinks that this is being done deliberately as both nails look the same (they have a rubber or black coating on their heads)...

He is all for ripping our NFH's head off as he is convinced it is something to do with him!!!! (He wont of course)

I cant say I disagree seeing as the nails do look the same and it is very unlikely we could both get nails in similar places on our tyres. plus we dont drive in the same directions to work or generally...

I am thinking all sorts of mad thoughts I want to get revenge!!!!

Even though I have no proof or clue how these nails got in our car tyres!!!! But I just know it must be deliberate I mean how many nails can you expect to get in a car over a reasonable timescale????????

if it is our NFH doing this i will go madd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just when i thought iwas keeping a grip!!!!!!!!!

http://bestsmileys.com/sparkle/1.gif

I decree today that life

Is simply taking and not giving

England is mine - it owes me a living

But ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye

Oh, ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye ~ Morrisey/Marr

Politics is Showbusiness for ugly people ~ Jay Leno

I don't like liars, I don't like cheats. I don't like bullsh***ters. I don't like schmoozers. I don't like ar*e-lickers. ~ Sir Alan Sugar

"Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." ~ Samuel Johnson

The secret of success is the capacity to overcome failure ~ Noel Coward

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today ~ Laurence J. Peter

Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine ~ Lord Byron

Better bread with water than cake with trouble ~ Russian Proverb

There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a cup of tea ~ Bernard-Paul Heroux

Carpe Diem

Give Yourself to It ~ Sue Gadenne

s*ds. Only thing I can suggest is to check your tires before you drive off. They may just be quickly wedging nails against the tyre so that you actually drive it in when you pull away. If they are in the tread (which it sounds as though they are if you can get them repaired) it sounds likely this is what they're doing. If they wanted to do it by hand and cause maximum grief, they'd put them on the outside walls which is illegal to repair.

Jeannie

Comment

What about putting notices in your car/s saying that "This vehicle is under surveillance, evidence of anyone caught damaging the vehicle in any way will be supplied to the Police"?

I had two nails in my tyres a couple of years ago, in the space of two weeks. I had my suspicions at the time too . But, realistically I think it was just coincidence. At the end of the day, who knows?

Have you got CCTV covering your vehicles?

Comment

First, double check that no-one is doing any DIY with a skip outside the house - this is a common occurrence on estates and I've had this happen.

But yesterday had a call from the OAPs to say that NFH's kid had placed a bottle under their back tyre, smirked and run off, it really upset them (no wonder) so they are now considering parking their car somewhere other than their own front drive.

GRRRR

Comment

But yesterday had a call from the OAPs to say that NFH's kid had placed a bottle under their back tyre, smirked and run off,[/b]

That's happened our car as well as a couple of others in our Green. Also had to replace a couple of tyres which had been pierced by somthing sharp. I'd put it down to kids, but who knows?

As it seems to be happening on a regular basis Annabel, I think you should inform the police.

Misty
          "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Annabel - so sorry to hear your story. What is wrong with this world??

I understand how you feel, but do not, whatever you may feel like doing, take revenge!! Sure as anything, you will end up in trouble!! Take photos'. As the events are close to each other, could one of you not stay up/home all day, camera in hand, and get some evidence? It is the best I can suggest. I wish you well, Lisa

Comment

Annabel

I too have had this problem, and even though I have my CCTV covering my car now, I still check around it everytime I go out. It has become a habit, because a car is usually the most vulnerable possession, as it is nearly always accessible to the NFH.

Tri

Comment

thanks everyone, it is exactly as tristar says, after our house the cars are our most expensive possessions yet very vulnerable to being damaged.

my husband checks everyday round the cars which is why he is convinced the nails were put in deliberately.

these things are sent to try us.

at least we are starting to get viewings (one a second today) on our house so fingers crossed we will get some action soon!

we had another probelm with the KFH's that I will post somewhere soon...as soon as I havecalmed down a bit...
                http://bestsmileys.com/sparkle/1.gif

I decree today that life

Is simply taking and not giving

England is mine - it owes me a living

But ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye

Oh, ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye ~ Morrisey/Marr

Politics is Showbusiness for ugly people ~ Jay Leno

I don't like liars, I don't like cheats. I don't like bullsh***ters. I don't like schmoozers. I don't like ar*e-lickers. ~ Sir Alan Sugar

"Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." ~ Samuel Johnson

The secret of success is the capacity to overcome failure ~ Noel Coward

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today ~ Laurence J. Peter

Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine ~ Lord Byron

Better bread with water than cake with trouble ~ Russian Proverb

There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a cup of tea ~ Bernard-Paul Heroux

Carpe Diem

Give Yourself to It ~ Sue Gadenne

Comment

Working...
                X