X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supermarket Shopping.

What really annoys me with the shopping thing is when you

get to the checkout.This is where the problems start.

1. person in front has forgotten to get something and trots

off to get it,usually gone for at least five minutes.

2. When they finally get back,they have the cheek to

appologise.(never heard of a shopping list)

3. Happy shopper in front has picked up some defective

product and only notices it half way through packing.

Cashier calls for assistant to come and change the

offending product.(another 5 mins).

4. Arrive at checkout and find a basket full of shopping

on the floor at the entrance to the till.Shopper is

nowhere to be seen.

5. Shopper in front finally packs his/her shopping.

Cashier say that will be £whatever.

Shopper then f***s about looking through

wallet/handbag for credit card to pay for it.

AAAARRRGGGGGHHHH I HATE SHOPPING.

mr unhappy

why dont you do your shopping online and let them deliver to you?? quite good once you get the hang of it. i use it for ordering the boring stuff like washing powder, cat food.

i do still nip out for nice thnigs i might want, but its much less stressful!
    http://bestsmileys.com/sparkle/1.gif

I decree today that life

Is simply taking and not giving

England is mine - it owes me a living

But ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye

Oh, ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye ~ Morrisey/Marr

Politics is Showbusiness for ugly people ~ Jay Leno

I don't like liars, I don't like cheats. I don't like bullsh***ters. I don't like schmoozers. I don't like ar*e-lickers. ~ Sir Alan Sugar

"Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." ~ Samuel Johnson

The secret of success is the capacity to overcome failure ~ Noel Coward

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today ~ Laurence J. Peter

Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine ~ Lord Byron

Better bread with water than cake with trouble ~ Russian Proverb

There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a cup of tea ~ Bernard-Paul Heroux

Carpe Diem

Give Yourself to It ~ Sue Gadenne

Comment

Great minds think alike an' all - Jeannie started another thread on this a while back, I think if you look under 'Totally off topic talk'?

But all of the above I agree on! People who won't get out of the way when their shopping has been paid for and they insist that you wait for them while they stand putting their wallet/purse away, which usualy takes an age, and meanwhile the checkout girl can't put your goods through. That makes me seethe!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mrunhappy@Jun 17 2003, 12:27 AM

:3. Happy shopper in front has picked up some defective

* * * * * * * * * product and only notices it half way through packing.

* * * * * * * * * Cashier calls for assistant to come and change the

* * * * * * * * * offending product.(another 5 mins).
        I picked up a bag of apples in a certain supermarket by me (shan't name it but everyone goes round happily slapping their backsides afterwards) and the checkout operator noticed one was bruised. She said I could either change it or have it as a freebie!

I too dislike the whole shopping business. I will add another one I have witnessed a couple of times: in our bum-slapping supermarket they have huge trolleys thet they fill up at about 9 in the evening with bread, cakes, fruit, anything that needs to be sold off quickly and it's marked down to about 5p. I saw a well-to-do looking woman going through all the pre-packed sandwiches and grabbing armfuls. Okay if she wants to be greedy but the aggravating part was that she had got her three kids and made them into a "wall" between her and the sarnies - effectively stopping anyone else from getting near.

What can anyone do with a dozen chicken tikka sarnies that were about to go out of date? I pitied her kids at school the next day and hoped they came home barfing up all over her house.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger@Jun 17 2003, 3:42 PM

IThe supermarket I go to has a pie shop (northern you see) which sells off the pies cheap at 7:50.* Crowds gather and scuffles break out when the bell rings (borrowed no doubt from a local boxing ring).

Even the bread queues in Moscow were better-behaved!
          you should see Matthew at the cooked chicken counter!!

what he cant eat goes to the dog and cat,

what they cant eat...the foxes get!

really it would save me a bit of money if Matthew didnt go to the chicken counter at that time of night to get his "bargins!"

OOoo...very upset last week, I went to get my 4 cheese rolls and 2 of them were pork!!!!!

my dear sweet workmate took them back for me and complained on my behalf, appartently he kicked up a bit of a stink and told them my food was now contaminated with meat!!

Comment

Went to my bum-slapping supermarket last night and was a victim of "careless shelf stacker syndrome". Small woman managed to drop an entire box of that bright blue WKD drink stuff, smashed every bottle and I ended up with that blue liquid (isn't it used in hairdressers to store combs in?) halfway up my legs. Bah! Cleaners were on the spot in seconds though which was either admirable or a bit suspicious that they were all hiding round the corner in the frozen fish.

I was having an interesting argument at the time with a friend about whether you could use the Soda Stream concentrates in bottled fizzy water and it would taste the same or whether you had to buy a Soda Stream. Surely no difference?

Comment

was having an interesting argument at the time with a friend about whether you could use the Soda Stream concentrates in bottled fizzy water and it would taste the same or whether you had to buy a Soda Stream. Surely no difference?[/b]

I would imagine it would work, Jeannie. We had a soda-stream and you fizz up the water before you put in the concentrate so it should work with fizzy water.

Ooh, I had one of those WKD drinks on Saturday, I'd describe it as...mm...yuk!!

Misty
              "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

WKD?

Fantastic, I prefer the blue to the orangey one. But, my, my - watch your head in the morning.

Comment

Working...
                X