This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unbelievable Mentality

Can you believe it, the brat next door with 2 other teenagers stated playing football in My Front Garden with My House as the goal post!

I hate having to tell these youngsters off, but what is one to do?

The next door brat gave me a most evil look when leaving - I'm now expecting repercussions.

On top of all the trouble we get, now this!

Unbelievable.

Hi Peter,

It's the nature of NFH I'm afraid. They think ANYWHERE and EVERYWHERE is their own private domain!!! I can feel your anger and I empathise because I've felt it myself on countless occasions

You should have reported it to the police. They were deliberately trying to cause criminal damage. There's no other reason why they should be in your garden!!

I'm seething for you because I really do understand how you feel

Perhaps you should have a quiet word with his father. Try to keep calm when you do, I know it will probably be difficult. But just explain how much it might have cost him if his brat had broken any windows.

Good luck

Misty
    "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Hi Misty,

I'm glad you mentioned the broken windows as this reminds me of an incident a few years back when my neighbor (the good side) had youths also playing football in her garden and resulted in a broken kitchen window. These idiots had such a low mentality, they carried on playing like nothing happened! I wonder if these are the same youths though.

You're spot-on about them thinking it's their domain. I don't think they did this to annoy us, but rather because these houses have open-plan front gardens and no fences, a garden is not clearly defined. However, it does take at least one gram of intelligence to realize this - something so simple they clearly lack!

They have gone away now so I'm inclined to leave it. If we get any comeback though, the police will be the first call I make.

Cheers,

Peter J.

Comment

Hi Peter J

At one time, i was getting this every day, shared driveway, guaranteed 5.30pm (after tea i guess), around 6 or 7 of them, playing footie on my driveway ball bouncing off my car, garage, garden plants etc.

tried to speak with the father - he said they could do whatever they liked.

Perhaps i'll take my football over to their garden next week, i can "do whatever i like"..... chuh

utter utter filth

Comment

I know how you feel peter as I am plagued with footballs everyday, as are my neighbours on either side.

unfortunately i have found that when you do say something the little brats just get worse and start deliberately doing things e.g. kicking balls against your car. they managed to break my neighbours number plate. recently they have taken to deliberately booting the ball over the garden fence of my neighbours opposite, they are building a garage and the lads just want to get into her garden to mess about wth the cement mixer and piles of sand that are in there. she is doing her bits over it, but they dont have any respect whatsoever.

i used to have lovely pots outside my front door but now there are all in the back garden as i am sick of them getting knocked about. if possible i would suggest you try to ignore them. even though it makes your blood boil!!!!

http://bestsmileys.com/sparkle/1.gif

I decree today that life

Is simply taking and not giving

England is mine - it owes me a living

But ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye

Oh, ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye ~ Morrisey/Marr

Politics is Showbusiness for ugly people ~ Jay Leno

I don't like liars, I don't like cheats. I don't like bullsh***ters. I don't like schmoozers. I don't like ar*e-lickers. ~ Sir Alan Sugar

"Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." ~ Samuel Johnson

The secret of success is the capacity to overcome failure ~ Noel Coward

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today ~ Laurence J. Peter

Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine ~ Lord Byron

Better bread with water than cake with trouble ~ Russian Proverb

There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a cup of tea ~ Bernard-Paul Heroux

Carpe Diem

Give Yourself to It ~ Sue Gadenne

Comment

My goodness, at every level of annoyance available to these brats they take it judging by your replies.

I often think of the following when I see youths annoying people with balls.

I remember a nice old pensioner across our street had her eldest daughter and young grandson visit one day. Later, when the young lad came out to play he was quite innocently bouncing his ball along the path whilst walking along. Seconds later his mother came rushing out and said something like "No - you don’t do that were people live, take the ball to the park and play" She then led him to the park.

This is the first time Ever I have seen a parent take responsibility for their children in this neighborhood!

Truly wonderful parenting!

Oh and why do footballs/basketballs create such noise these days? I don’t want sound an old fuddy-duddy, but I'm sure such things didn't create such an impact when I was young.

Peter J.

Comment

they did Peter, but as kids we maybe didnt realise how annoying it was for older people to hear. It is, as you say, up to the parents to explain to their children what is acceptable and what isnt.

Unfortunately, as we are finding out, most of the time they blinking well dont bother!

it is amazing how the sound of a football can now drive me scatty, and it upsets me that I have got to this state.

anyway its raining here today, so maybe we will get some peace and quiet this afternoon, when they get in from school?????
              http://bestsmileys.com/sparkle/1.gif

I decree today that life

Is simply taking and not giving

England is mine - it owes me a living

But ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye

Oh, ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye ~ Morrisey/Marr

Politics is Showbusiness for ugly people ~ Jay Leno

I don't like liars, I don't like cheats. I don't like bullsh***ters. I don't like schmoozers. I don't like ar*e-lickers. ~ Sir Alan Sugar

"Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." ~ Samuel Johnson

The secret of success is the capacity to overcome failure ~ Noel Coward

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today ~ Laurence J. Peter

Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine ~ Lord Byron

Better bread with water than cake with trouble ~ Russian Proverb

There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a cup of tea ~ Bernard-Paul Heroux

Carpe Diem

Give Yourself to It ~ Sue Gadenne

Comment

it is amazing how the sound of a football can now drive me scatty, and it upsets me that I have got to this state[/b]

I empathise entirely, Annabel. I can be sitting quietly reading a book and suddenly I'll hear that awful thump as some kid kicks a football and my stomach goes into knots. So I have to turn on the tv, or radio or put on some music to block it out. It doesn't help much because you know that football is still being kicked and it just might end up through your window!

I wish they'd pass a law banning all football except in designated areas. Mind you we have laws now but kids and some parents just ignore them.

Misty
                "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Well, still on the theme of this brat, it looks like he's changed bedrooms to the other side of the house. The girl now has hers next to mine and his next to the other neighbors. Still, with his lumping and thumping about we still hear and feel the vibrations 3 rooms away coming through the walls!

How awful for the other neighbors!

One thing though, for all the years we've had this I have never figured out exactly what he does to create such earth-quake vibrations - indoor football - jumping up and down constantly? It's a real mystery.

Peter J.

Comment

I cant believe it! The idiot is back today to play football against my house wall and this time hits my front door! After telling him off, he goes and kicks the ball against another neighbors living room wall instead.

bl**dy cheek!

How many times do we have to tell these idiots for them to get the message?

I know my farther will be telling his mother about this, but considering all the other trouble we get from him when she's not there, I'm fearing for the attitude against us to get worse.

What a crazy situation we have here, we are actually considering putting a sign up on our house saying "No football Allowed".

This is just so frustrating

Peter J.

Comment

Hi ya -

Sorry you're still having to put up with this, very annoying is an understatement I bet!

I would be tempted to put up a sign too, but do you think this could give you unwanted attention? I mean attract vandalism etc, etc to the said sign? If it works, then that would be great

I'm not sure on the legalities of this - but if you were to put up a sign saying any footballs lost or kicked on/onto this property will be confiscated etc if kicked onto private property (or words to that effect), would it still be considered theft as a pre-warning was given/stated (as it currently is not to return footballs)....?

Just a thought anyway..

Comment

you might be able to get the council to put a sign up

but I am afraid you cannot keep any balls

Comment

This is the first time Ever I have seen a parent take responsibility for their children in this neighborhood![/b]

On a similar note - I remember a friend and I playing as kids, around 13 or 14 years old (31 now) - we were skateboarding up and down a road and a neighbour came out seething and told us to pack it in. We obeyed with her wishes, with an apology, picked up our boards, moved on and never came back.

It costs nothing to do this.

What the hell is wrong with these people???

I wish there was a Judgement Day.

Comment

you might be able to get the council to put a sign up[/b]

I've been trying for years to get first the council and then the HA to put up a 'no ball games' sign. But I've been told there's no point as they are not legally enforceable. Which makes me wonder why I've seen some around the estate. Maybe people payed for them themselves, I don't know.

Peter, maybe you and the other neighbour could get together, show a united front and ask the lad's parents to do something!

Misty

Comment

Working...
                            X