This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Nfh Playing Up Again

Got woken up this morning at 6.45 by some horrendous crashing coming from the communal garage area. Couldn't see what was going on because my house is side-on. Could see Meercat's van though so figured it was him.

Went out at 8.15 to get my bike out the garage and realised what all the banging was. Meercat had been cleaning out his paint cans (he is a decorator). Most of the garage area was covered in big chunks of gooey, semi-set white paint. You know like the thick skins stuff you get round the edge of a can when it's been left for a while? It was just round his garage either, he'd just chucked it everywhere. It was all in front of my garage and there was some on my and my neighbours lawns (about 20 feet away).

He had then driven through some of it on the way out and has left long streaky white marks on the tarmac.

I have had enough of this guy. I really have. His attitude to everyone stinks. He's selfish and downright trash and I'll be damned if he's going to get away with such filthy littering.

I know I should contact the Council etc etc etc but I honestly don't think he would take any notice. He's ignored warnings from the police before now. I have every mind to do another "boiler" scenario and chuck all the chunks back over into his back garden. As you may know, he has a pond which is worrying me as I don't know what paint does to fish but, God, what else is there to do?? It looks an absolute state out there. Do these people understand authority or do they need "to get what they give". I've never been a vindictive person but this b****rd is pushing it!

Badger, I would think I would be within my rights to return his rubbish but, to be honest, I've given up with thinking of the legalities of it all. We are faced with this cretin who thinks it's perfectly acceptable to create such a terrible mess away from his property so I've come to believe that the only thing these people understand is when they're actions are returned to them. I am sick of letting things go and contacting the authorities as it doesn't change anything. It's like dealing with a mad dog. You can't reason with him, you have to fight back.

I know people on this forum will probably disagree as it makes me as bad as him but his attitude is just plain wrong. I look at him out in his garden which he is always farting about with. He's got his little bridge, his pond and he's got his rockery and little path and pots and it's all nice and he obviously loves it. It makes me so angry that he can treat his own patch with respect but treats everyone else's like sh**. That's why I want to retaliate (not just me but another neighbour was furious this morning). I want him to know that, if he wants his perfect little garden to stay perfect, he'd better make sure he doesn't pollute everyone elses'. Yes, it's a threat to damage his property but it would only be damaged caused by the return of his cr*p. I mean, what would he do if he woke up next morning and found his darling little bridge covered in lumps of soggy paint? Would he fly tip even more or would it make him think twice about dumping again? Next time he wants to dispose of, say, a kitchen cupboard would he think "well, I've dumped before no problem so I'll do it again" or will he think "do I want this cupboard smashed back over into my pond or shall I take it to the tip?" I think it would make him think twice as I don't think anyone has ever stood up to him before and so he goes about his merry way in his blatant arrogant fashion, getting away with his mess. Chucking the boiler back that time stopped his antics for a while and there were no repurcussions and I'm not prepared to let this go. What's the saying: give them an inch and they'll take a mile? I am sick and tired of him and I'm sick and tired of the way people moan and complain about him but, in the end, do nothing. He's just winning all the time. It just seems to be me that's stopping this neighbourhood turning into the local dump.

Blimey! I am angry.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger@Jun 9 2003, 11:36 AM

I was thinking that if you chucked the stuff over the fence it could be construed as a deliberate malicious act rather than simply returning his stuff
      Yes, if he knew it was me.

God, NFH's just make you feel so .... helpless. Helpless and furious in my case. Have taken note of your summers day advice though

Grrrr. We are all good, helpful, nice, happy people in our street. We just don't deserve this treatment from him.

I am going to go and have a fag!!!!

Comment

Hiya Jeannie

Whats happening with the sale of your house? Are you still going thru with this?

Comment

Jeannie, I wish I could think of something to stop Meercat. Maybe have a word with the other neighbours and get together and return his rubbish en masse. Let him know that you all despise his antisocial behaviour.

Sometimes people might be thinking the same way as you but need to know that others are thinking the same. Imagine his face if half the neighbourhood turned up on his doorstep and dumped his rubbish there

Misty
          "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Sorry to hear about his latest antics. I can see why you are so angry about it. But with this character, I think you're in a "no win" situation whatever you do.

I went to a very pretty seaside town on Saturday and in one of the tat shops, there was a display of Meercats - I had to laugh just seenig them. I think you should buy a load of them and place them in all your normal neighbours' gardens all staring towards the nfh.

Scoop up his c*** and put it in front of his door - or his garage.

Comment

Yes if it is his rubbish, chuck it back. I would not suggest trashing his garden or throwing it in his pond though, as some fish are very expensive and you will probably find to your complete disbelief, that the law backs him up and you’ll and up with a fine or be bound over. “The law is an ar*e”, my community Police officer tells me that almost every time we get into conversation! People like him always get away with it, people like us, that’s another story.

CCTV is getting ever cheaper. Invest in it! B&Q do cameras for less than £30. If you catch him on camera throwing his rubbish onto your property, stack it up across his driver, in front of his door or something. The video evidence will back your story up in the event that he claims you are the one causing harassment. Please bear in mind that when setting up CCTV you must confine the cameras view to pointing at your property and /or the public road. You can of course have other peoples properties being viewed as long as you get their permission.

eebo

Comment

Grrr. Calming down .....

Right. Reconsidered the situation and will do as follows:-

Am going to throw all the lumps of paint on his garage roof. I have also drafted a letter:

Dear Mr. Meercat (not really),

Please do not fly tip or dispose of your paint or any other materials in the communal garage area or any of the public spaces (you were witnessed doing this this morning by two people).

The paint has been moved and is now on top of your garage.

This is not the first time you have dumped items in the area and you are therefore put on notice that any more incidents of dumping and littering will result in the offending items again being returned to your property and the council/police being notified. Fly-tipping can carry a fine of up to £1,000.00.

That's it. I don't want to put the word "please" in front but I guess I have to. Make it a request rather than a demand I suppose. Not going to sign it either. Then, if he continues to do it, I'm sorry but it will get dumped back in the early hours, fish or no fish and I will report his stupid decorating business to the police. He will have had a warning which is fair enough in my opinion. I'm not playing games with such a tiresome slovenly idiot. I'm still intending to move and the last thing I now need is for the garages to deteriorate into a trailer park. Everything dumped there will get dumped right back. I don't need it and don't want to look at it.

With regards to my house, it has had a few offers and I've accepted one investment buyer who is in no hurry. Still haven't found a new property though and I'm getting sick of searching but have three more lined up to see this week so fingers crossed.

Why does rubbish like this have to happen on a Monday!!!

Comment

He's obviously got a problem with the whole world - i.e it's all against him! If he didn't even care about his own garden then he would just be a big slob and could almost (almost) be talked to - but to look after his own patch - with his pond and bridge (!!) but deliberately make mess everywhere else is actively looking for trouble and conflict. I would love to know what he would come out with to defend his actions against people who have done nothing to him - as he was like this from day one as I remember from your first postings.

Sad to say, I don't think anything will get through to him, he seems one very wound up angry man.

Maybe CCTV is the only way forward? We bought one a while back. All depends on how far you wnat to take it - as remember when you move, you'll have to declare that letter. Every time I even think of complaining I just think of that form in front of me that we both have to sign which mentions disputes, complaints etc - and "Is there anything else the buyers should know about the property" bit. It works.

I'm like you, I want to see justice done - oh boy do I!!!! But I also don't want to go through a court case and be sued by the next occupants.

Just a thought - I know, I hate it too!!! I want to nail them very publicly - but I want to move more...

Comment

Spinky, not going to worry too much about the letter and declaring it. I'm not going to sign it and he's just about narked everyone in the street so he'd have a hard job pinning it down to someone. His wife has now started parking her car in the turning spot which is ridiculous. She had been parking blocking a neighbour's drive and, surprise, surprise, she has now got a smashed wing mirror and a scratch right down the side. I guess she reasons that because her car got damaged where it was, that leaves her entitled to park in the turning bay. Now anyone entering the street can't park and can't turn round. Makes you so effing angry. You see Meercat and Duck on a Saturday and they're pottering outside their house laughing and not paying the slightest bit of attention to the people who come down and get stuck. They just don't care.

He's still parking his disgusting Vauxhall Carlton smack in the middle of the pavement and you see him getting out of it and walking round with a cloth. He always polishes his car and gives the Stars and Stripes a wipe over before he goes indoors. Loves his car and he thinks it's nice and safe sitting there in front of his house causing a massive obstruction. The only reason it's safe is that he's in an area of fairly respectable people who are letting him get on with it. Anywhere else it would have been subjected to some fairly brutal treatment I would imagine. I am surprised the wife's car survived for so long. The owner of the house frequently parked down the street because they couldn't use their drive.

It's his whole air of "I'm immune" that really gets me. He thinks no-one would dare touch him because of his "don't eff with me" attitude he's had since day one. Thinks he can wade in and do what he likes because he's done it before and left a trail of misery behind him. I would just love to prove him wrong!!! I have a feeling though that someone will one day. God, it's tempting ....!!!

Not going to invest in CCTV. Not worth it as, hopefully, will be out of here soon.

Now, sorry to all board members reading this who may think I am descending into a NFH mentality. I'm not a looney and I'm not a rough, violent person. My patience has been tested to the limit by this guy as I know other NFH have done to you. Sometimes just thinking and writing about your real anger and frustration instead of the proper, sensible course does more to rationalise thinking than anything else!

Comment

Every time I read about his obsession with the stars and stripes I could scream!!!! I bet you a million squid his head has been nowhere near a history book to find out the true history - he probably gets his info from John Wayne movies!

I wrote a play (gawd sounding more like Eric Morcambe by the day!) about an ex marine, a good ole' southern boy, son of a marine who fought in WW2. Very intelligent guy, now he does know the true American history as he's been studying it for seventeen years!!!! He would self combust if he saw what this guy was doing whilst stating allegiance to the stars and stripes!

...That doesn't mean to say that all members of the American forces are angels by the way.....

I know all about the 'I'm immune' bit - that's how I feel about those RAF trainees, they know I can't get them, unless I go public.

- And that makes us even more angry!!!!

There you have it in a nustshell - it's "the fairly respectable people letting him get on with it". As in so many postings.

Can't help but think - if these anti social behaviour acts were really working - isn't he a prime candidate for it? But then owning his house, what could they do to him???

Nah, I don't think you're descending into NFH mentality - thinking about it is fine - which is as far as we'll ever get.

I was going to say put all your energies into moving, but these problems don't go away if we don't fight them (through the proper channels I mean) it just means that al the bad guys get away with it, the good guys shut up and move - that can't be right. It's so unjust.

I hate this house apart from NFH problems, so would move anyway, so it doesn't apply to me, but if I loved this house - as you do yours, plus all the emotional attachment you have to it - that must be heartbreaking. If I was attached to this house I'd fight.

God what did we do in previous lives to deserve this??!!!

Comment

Hiya Jeannie

No girl, you know we don't think of you as a nutter - speaking as someone whom the NFH wants to actively smash their face in, I know exactly what you mean - you want to fight, but don't want to a) give them the satisfaction or jeopardise your own future by selling etc.

Here's my theory - hopefully, all "ahem - good citizens like us" will move to different places. NFH will naturally gravitate towards each other and create "ghettos" that will be no-go areas to the rest of society. They will self-destruct and leave in its place a beautiful, serene habitat that we non-NFH will move back into.

Hurrah for Gordy-politics! (wasn't there a film about that???!!)

Comment

Hi Jeannie

Sorry to hear that, you must have been infuriated!

If it's not the sheer cheek of it, it's the mess. Combined is the worst of course.

My first thoughts make me wonder what the Council's Environmental Health Dept may do - as surely paint being chucked about is an environmental danger? It must be as bad as chucking oil or paint etc around and down the drains (like you see some decorators doing).

Also, it takes ages to come out sometimes, yikes! As Spinks said, CCTV sounds like an excellent idea. Great tips in the CCTV thread recently.

Comment

Blimey Jeannie

Im not usually one to say this but perhaps this is a time to "keep the heid" my bonnie lass!!

I suspect that with a guy like that that he would view any sort of challenge to his actions as a direct threat and you would need to be careful that things did not deteriorate rapidly!!.

Like the idea of the letter though. Would most certainly follow this through!

I think that Matthew said it but I most certainly would get your Council roads dept involved because marking the road like that is quite serious offence.

Tread carefully. Remeber the pen is mightier than the sword!

(blimey I am getting soft in my old age!)

HF

"Take off and nuke the site from orbit- it's the only way to be sure!"

apologies if you are an "Aliens" fan

Posh Noodle - NOT for the likes of YOU!!

Comment

Originally posted by spinkysay@Jun 9 2003, 3:01 PM

He's obviously got a problem with the whole world - i.e it's all against him! If he didn't even care about his own garden then he would just be a big slob and could almost (almost) be talked to - but to look after his own patch - with his pond and bridge (!!) but deliberately make mess everywhere else is actively looking for trouble and conflict. I would love to know what he would come out with to defend his actions against people who have done nothing to him - as he was like this from day one as I remember from your first postings.

Sad to say, I don't think anything will get through to him, he seems one very wound up angry man.

Maybe CCTV is the only way forward? We bought one a while back.* All depends on how far you wnat to take it - as remember when you move, you'll have to declare that letter.* Every time I even think of complaining I just think of that form in front of me that we both have to sign which mentions disputes, complaints etc - and "Is there anything else the buyers should know about the property" bit. It works.

I'm like you, I want to see justice done - oh boy do I!!!! But I also don't want to go through a court case and be sued by the next occupants.*

Just a thought - I know, I hate it too!!! I want to nail them very publicly - but I want to move more...
                              JEANNIE,calm down,your nfh is actually breaking the law by dumping paint on the street, whether its liquid or semi solidified.

i assume there are drains nearby to where he is dumping the paint,if so, then you can really screw him.The environmental agency does not take to kindly to people pouring paint or other oil based products into our national drainage system.IF you know what i mean.

Comment

Working...
                              X