This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is It Worth It?

Oh!! I am ever so slightly livid To say I am mad is like saying Krakatoa was a firecracker!!

As I mentioned in another post, NFH did a flit yesterday and as they left they pushed their housekeys through my letter-box. Being a good upstanding citizen I phoned the HA and told them. They said they'd send somebody out to collect them. By mid afternoon nobody had arrived so I called them again. Still nobody came out. So I was left holding the keys overnight.

Now, because of all the damage the NFH have done to the doors of the house, it is not exactly what you would call secure. Needless to say, last night we heard noises at around midnight. Hubby went to check the front, then the back as he was standing in the entry, three yobs came hurtling out of the place. We immediately called the police.

Wonder of wonders, they arrived within five minutes. They gained entry without using a key, had a look around, said there was evidence of 'smoking' and then left. Hubby tried to lock the deadlock but the keys were bent. So first thing this morning I called the HA again. Spoke to the man who is in charge of this area and he came out about ten minutes later.

He said because there had been no sign of the NFH father he could only secure the house and had to give a month's notice before they could do a survey. He then went in and had a look around.

He came back and told me that there was property belonging to the HA that had gone missing. I asked 'like what?', he said 'Fridge freezer, boiler etc'. Then he said he would have to report it to the police and because I had been holding the keys overnight he would have to tell them that as well.

Well, now I am livid We will no be under suspicion of taking that stuff! I didn't want the bl***y keys, I didn't ask for them! I gave the HA plenty of notice so they could send somebody out yesterday to collect them! Not that it makes any difference, the stuff would have gone by then anyway and I'd still be under suspicion! If I'd have been a bit more savvy I'd have just pushed the bl***y keys back through next door's letter-box! But oh no, I had to be honest and tell the HA I had them!

The previous day, Wednesday, the NFH knocked on my door and asked if I'd let anybody have the entry key because a bike had vanished from their back garden. I'm now wondering if he was trying to make out that I or my family stole it. Then he could say I probably stole the HA property! To say they seemed like a family of scallies would be putting it mildly.

Oh, I am so angry!!! They were given a decent, newly refurbished home and they treated it like s**t. I couldn't afford to do my house up the way that house was done up. But I still have a social conscience which now seems to have put me in the frame for stealing!! Or at least being a suspect!

I am sick to death of my husband and family paying taxes to support this kind of sc*m!! I am sick of having to live amongst it!!! They have to destroy everything. They are too bl***y lazy to work for it, it's given to them on a plate and they still have to destroy it!!!! Then they set up some innocent neighbour, a hard working, law abiding, tax paying neighbour to take the fall for their filthy crimes!! And if you stand up to sc*m like this they start screaming 'paedophile' at you!!!!

Ok, maybe I'm going overboard, maybe the police won't think we did it. But it's the principle of the thing! I had a feeling this was going to happen because I know how this type of sc*m work. I could have kept my mouth shut, shoved the keys back and said nothing. But I didn't, I ran up my phone bill, hanging on for HA to find the person in charge, because I thought it was the right thing to do. I'll know better next time!

Misty
    "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

oo Misty!

even after they have gone you are still getting greif from them.

at least you know you contacted HO yesturday and they should (umm should) have a record of your call.

how on earth can you steal a boiler?!!!

even if it is screwed down it gets taken!!

Comment

It seems central heating boilers are top of the list for thieves around here, Beth.

The HA even has a special poster up offering rewards to people who report such thefts. I just wish I'd seen them take it, I might be up for one of those rewards

Misty
      "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Un-occupied houses get everything ripped out very quickly these days, sad but true. It costs landlords/ owners a fortune.

Misty, I am really cross for you. I hope that the Police/HA don't question you about the thefts as you had the keys. That would make me really angry .

Thinking of you. Take care of yourself.

Comment

I've just about had enough. The chap from the HA told me the house would be secured. Has it happened? Of course it hasn't.

Tonight there was another NFH in there, he's got his gang of yobs all hanging around outside his house over the road. I could hear hammering. I don't know what he was up to. So, being 'unofficial security guard' (salary - frayed nerves and constant harassment), I called the police. I waited about 10-15 minutes, they hadn't turned up by then so I retreated to the back bedroom, but not before I saw NFH leave wielding his hammer. Gang of mini yobs still banging on the door and hanging around the garden! Of course I might be misjudging NFH, maybe he was trying to secure the place.....ok, ok, you can stop laughing now

Misty_off_to_buy_a_tent

Comment

Misty,

I can relate to your rant totally!!

For goodness sake. Leaving a house unsecure - they were asking for trouble!!

I wouldnt worry too much about you holding the keys, at the end of the day as you say it was not even through choice.

idiots

"Take off and nuke the site from orbit- it's the only way to be sure!"

apologies if you are an "Aliens" fan

Posh Noodle - NOT for the likes of YOU!!

Comment

Oh, there's more Sorry for going into rant-overdrive but I just have to put it down in print!

My husband arrived home and asked me what was going on. There were a gang of kids hanging around so I said I didn't know. He walked towards next door and two policemen came out. To cut a long story short, the NFHx from over the road was there. He told the policemen there hadn't been a break in and my husband was only saying that because 'he didn't want to lose his job'. I have no idea what he meant but my husband used to be a policeman. Then he said the tenant was coming back tonight to collect more of his stuff.

Now the question arises, if he knows so much why didn't the tenant give HIM the keys instead of pushing them through my door with no word of explanation? Considering the HA man told me there was HA property missing, why would the tenant return to the possibility of explaining away the missing items? Then there is the fact that the NFHx was outside his house with some girls last night when the three youths ran out of next door. So either he knows them and is covering for them, or he doesn't know them but is denying there was a break in so he could take stuff himself. The police seemed to believe him, I don't know if they will contact the HA to get the house boarded up.

Then NFHx tells the police he'll secure the house, there's no need for them to get in touch with HA. I saw this same NFHx speaking to HA man today. Did the HA man believe him about the tenant returning and that is why the house wasn't boarded up like he promised it would be?

I'm getting the distinct feeling that I and my husband have been set up. I think they stole the stuff and should they be confronted they would say I had the keys. What they didn't bank on is that I informed the HA immediately I found the keys. Or maybe this was also part of their plan, me admitting I had the keys.

I don't know if this makes any sense to anybody, but I think they would consider it a feather in their cap if they could lay the blame for their theft on somebody they think is a policeman.

This is so frustrating. I don't know if the HA man will be in the office tomorrow and I want something sorted NOW. I will be simmering all over the weekend I've sent two emails to the HA but I'm not sure they even read their emails. The HA man had to call me back the other day because he didn't even know what his email address was.

Jeez, I'm so angry

Misty

Comment

what a mess!

and its not your mess, so just remember that.

like we have all said, it sounds like you did it all the right way, you contacted them straight away about the house for jeez sake!

I am very cross for you and hubby.

try not to let it ruin your weekend though Misty, work through it, we are forcast rain so I guess that means you will have good weather, go and do something with your family, try and get out of the area for a while.

Comment

Thanks folks Just reading your replies makes me feel better

The good news is that the HA have sent a security firm to come and fit an alarm. Hopefully that will keep intruders away, although they've been fitted before and they can go on an on and on if they're tripped.

I sent a very emotional email to the HA man. I've asked him if the HA have any buy-back scheme. I doubt it but I can only ask. Maybe I should charge them for the security work I do on their property

NFHx and his mob are all still outside. I'm hoping someone else will also report this because that was one of the reasons he was threatened with eviction last time. Also one of the reasons my friend wants to leave

Anyway, I'm feeling a bit better now the alarm is being installed. Thanks for all your support and sympathy

Misty

Comment

Mistey, reading the above, I find it incredible that this is the same country I grew up in. Yob culture is being allowed to happen, we really are at the stage of taking it for granted and seeing it as just part of today's society. There's no fight to keep the wolves at bay - they're welcomed in and allowed to get on with it.

I used to want to live forever, now I don't even want to grow old in this country.

Comment

I used to want to live forever, now I don't even want to grow old in this country.[/b]

I think I know what you mean Spinky, but not having travelled much I think I'll stay

HA have now boarded up the property and I got an email from HA man. I've dropped that idiot NFH over the road in it good and proper. I hope they get a judge who will kick him out this time! He got that house under false pretences anyway.

Thanks again to all for the support you've given me, it really does make a difference

Misty

Comment

Originally posted by Mistyeyeddreamer@Jun 6 2003, 8:40 PM

Oh, there's more ¬* Sorry for going into rant-overdrive but I just have to put it down in print!¬*

My husband arrived home and asked me what was going on.¬* There were a gang of kids hanging around so I said I didn't know.¬* He walked towards next door and two policemen came out.¬* To cut a long story short, the NFHx from over the road was there.¬* He told the policemen there hadn't been a break in and my husband was only saying that because 'he didn't want to lose his job'.¬* I have no idea what he meant but¬* my husband used to be a policeman.¬* Then he said the tenant was coming back tonight to collect more of his stuff.¬*

Now the question arises, if he knows so much why didn't the tenant give HIM the keys instead of pushing them through my door with no word of explanation?¬* Considering the HA man told me there was HA property missing, why would the tenant return to the possibility of explaining away the missing items?¬* Then there is the fact that the NFHx was outside his house with some girls last night when the three youths ran out of next door.¬* So either he knows them and is covering for them, or he doesn't know them but is denying there was a break in so he could take stuff himself.¬* The police seemed to believe him, I don't know if they will contact the HA to get the house boarded up.

Then NFHx tells the police he'll secure the house, there's no need for them to get in touch with HA.¬* I saw this same NFHx speaking to HA man today.¬* Did the HA man believe him about the tenant returning and that is why the house wasn't boarded up like he promised it would be?

I'm getting the distinct feeling that I and my husband have been set up.¬* I think they stole the stuff and should they be confronted they would say I had the keys.¬* What they didn't bank on is that I informed the HA immediately I found the keys.¬* Or maybe this was also part of their plan, me admitting I had the keys.

I don't know if this makes any sense to anybody, but I think they would consider it a feather in their cap if they could lay the blame for their theft on somebody they think is a policeman.

This is so frustrating.¬* I don't know if the HA man will be in the office tomorrow and I want something sorted NOW.¬* I will be simmering all over the weekend¬* I've sent two emails to the HA but I'm not sure they even read their emails.¬* The HA man had to call me back the other day because he didn't even know what his email address was.

Jeez, I'm so angry¬*

Misty
                        misty, dont worry so much.you sound just like my wife. she worrys about everything.Your nfh shoved his keys through your letterbox.

then b*ggered off into the wide blue yonder.ITS NOT YOUR PROBLEM.you did the right thing in reporting him.it is now out of your hands.Did you give the keys back?.

Comment

Working...
                        X