This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I flippin' knew it!!

Hubby has just come in from cutting the grass, he had a word with the neighbour who lives on the other side of NFH. He too is being driven crazy by NFH antics. He's complained to the HA, but anonymously because he says he's afraid of having his windows put in if NFH discover he's complained. Grrr, why won't people stand up for themselves?

But that's not the interesting part. Nice neighbour's living room is right next NFH living room and they talk very loudly. So he couldn't help but overhear a conversation in which it turns out that the father, i.e. the tenant, has left and will not be coming back!

I knew it!! It was a scam! The father has put his name down for the house just so the son can have it. That's what was meant when I overheard someone say 'He'd be on the streets if it wasn't for you'

Jeez, I'm so ********* angry! The HA man told me he HAD to speak to the tenant before he could go any further with an eviction order. But if the tenant isn't there, that leaves us all in limbo!! Ooh, I can almost see how they did it. Maybe father got himself into a hostel, claiming to be homeless or something, then got this house, now he's gone home. The HA won't know where to find him because his previous address would be a hostel!!!

Of course all this is just supposition on my part, but there is definitely something not quite right about NFH. But what is even more suspicious is that NFH son is acting just like the other NFH in the green and he seems to have hooked up with them. Also NFH next door come from the same district that other NFH came from. Ooh, this is all very strange! I think we've all been taken for mugs!

What to do next, that's the question

Misty
    "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

you ring up the benefit fraud line!!

thats what you do!!

it is fraud and its illegal,

tell the chap when he comes round!!

fraud line

I think you can email as well...anonymously too

Comment

Hmm, I didn't think about the benefit angle. But I suppose they have to pay the rent somehow and if the father has left, who's paying the rent?

I think I'll leave if for now and see what the HA do about it.

Hubby asked them (NFH) to turn their music down before and they DID! I did notice yesterday that a couple of neighbours over the road (one whose house is up for sale) were looking askance at the antics of the water fight. I mean who would buy a house if they thought that sort of thing was going on? Actually, I think the house that is up for sale has been unoccupied for a few months, I think the people who bought it couldn't take the aggro and left. Maybe they've tried to let it and have now given up and put it up for sale.

Anyway, Beth, thanks for the tip, I shall certainly keep it in mind if things don't improve.

Misty
      "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Latest news. HA man called on them and warned them that any more trouble over the weekend and they would in all likelihood be faced with eviction or ASBO.

Nice neighbour also called HA man over and gave him more information, i.e., father has GONE, returned to an ex partner. If he doesn't get in touch with HA he might find he doesn't have anywhere to come back to.

I can't tell you how good this makes me feel

Misty

Comment

If the son is not a tenant then they are not responsible for rent, so the HA need to watch out! Unlikely they would be able to claim Housing Benefit as a result of not being liable.

HA can pursue possession quite quickly if this person is not a tenant.

Comment

Working...
          X