This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

The NFH have only gone and installed a home cinema system. The only reason we know this is that of course a grat deal of show was made about it coming out of the car and being 'paraded' past our window before it was put into the hammer house of horror.

We have now had to endure an afternoon of music so loud that we can sing along!!

This evening its obviously a DVD being played!!. Music much quieter but the constant boom boom of the sub woofer!!

Why oh why oh why cant these morons think of others. We installed our home cinema last year but put it on the wall away from the adjoining wall so as not to disturb them!!

why did I bother

Will give them the benefit of the doubt as it is new and they maybe are trying it out but any more tommorrow and i'll be right round knocking the door

"Take off and nuke the site from orbit- it's the only way to be sure!"

apologies if you are an "Aliens" fan

Posh Noodle - NOT for the likes of YOU!!

Hi Guys,

They are such pl*nks your NFH - from one thing to another, I'm sorry to hear that

I know how you feel - the bass 'buckets' on Home Cinema Systems are something else. We've got one, and I can count on one hand the number of times we've used it in the last 2 years, worried about disturbing anyone.

Stay with it - don't let the morons nark you off ok

Comment

Hi HF

I really can't understand some people - they just go along in their own little worlds without a care for anyone but themselves.

It's all me, me, me, me, ME MEMEMEMEMEEEEE

I have often felt like saying to nfh, "Do you realise that, in fact, the world does not revolve around YOU? There are other people in IT that you should have regard to"

They haven't got a clue. This is an issue about respect. They don't have it. Evidently you have, you showed consideration by placing your system away from the wall adjoining them. That's what any nfh victim would do, we have feelings for others. They don't.

(Although why we still have, I often wonder!)

I think, like Matthew and you have said, see how it pans out. It may be a one DVD wonder. You know what you have to do if it does carry on and you know where we all are if you want to confirm whether it's the right time to press the red button !

I can't wait till we get our 10000 inch widescreen, sub super woofing bass treble beat box woofer doofer telly - I know exactly where it's going to go (Only joking! Well, it might do for half an hour!! )

Comment

[email protected]'s comment

Aww, it's not funny though, is it? Why don't you put out a rumour that you're buying up all the equipment from a closed down drive in cinema and you're going to put it in your back garden?

When people act like that, don't you wish you weren't so considerate?

Nuke 'em, HF, go on, I'll hold your coat

Misty
        "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Badger@May 8 2003, 11:38 PM

I'm behind Misty, holding your hat.
          I'm in my bunker - watching through the telescopic lens....

Nuke the equipment HF's! You know you want to!

Comment

Thanks guys!!

Have the red button ready!!!!

Wasnt too bad yesterday but today is Saturday!!

Usually loud music day at the best of times but I somehow think that today is going to be worse!!

I really will go round and kick his ****!!!!!

He has me so wound up about this!!!

Just like you guys say the whole world revolves around them!!!

Comment

If you've got a couple of nukes left over, HF, could I have them please? I've got a situation developing next door that might be solved with a small nuclear (or nu'kuh'lar, as dear old G.W.B. would say) device

Hope you have a quiet weekend, fingers crossed

Misty
              "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Hi Horsefans,

Sorry I wasn't able to post sooner mate been away on a blummin residential course - to with business again bored, bored, bored !!!!!!!!

Just hoping that things will settle down for you. As you know it's not the noise with Madhatter that we suffer from just the verbal jobby.

I don't have to worry too much about adhatter installing a cinema system in his home due to the fact that they don't even own a TV because Madhatter and his condition - he thinks the TV is talking to him directly and telling him to do things.

Still, I wish you al the best and hope that like you say they are just testing it all out and that given due course the volume will go down.

Other than that Hollygolightly is your best bet for noise advice should you (hopefully not) need it.

Best wishes

Comment

Thanks folks

I suppose credit where credit is due the music was actually the quietest it has been for a long time this weekend!!

There's more to this than meets the eye!!

TAGGART

Comment

Originally posted by horsefans@May 10 2003, 9:36 AM

Thanks guys!!

Have the red button ready!!!!

Wasnt too bad yesterday but today is Saturday!!

Usually loud music day at the best of times but I somehow think that today is going to be worse!!

I really will go round and kick his ****!!!!!

He has me so wound up about this!!!

Just like you guys say the whole world revolves around them!!!

horsefans,my best advice is give what you get.

my nfh gives us hell over the weekends.we return the favour

when its all quiet upstairs.its quiet through the week as our

nfh has to get up early for work and needs its beauty sleep.

Comment

Working...
                    X