X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dog poo

I hate dog poo

just wanted to tell you all that! :rant:

yesturday, I took my dog out the back on her lead, in my garden, my garden is not enclosed due to the nature of the house, but its still my little bit of garden...(public footpath going along side of it)

and while we were there having a tinkle (the dog not me) this dog walked up the road, no owner and pooed right in front of me! :rant:

it was not on my bit of grass but the public bit of grass

my bin is full of nappy sacks with dog poo in it, I always clean up after she has pooed, whether its on my grass or public grass, like verges etc

I carry nappy sacks every where, even when I haven't got the dog with me

and the thing that is really peeing me off with this is, even though my neighbours know I clean up her mess, if they see a dog poo on their grass from these wandering dogs, they are going to assume I have not cleaned up after her :angry:

(the dog that is not my neighbour, who is a very nice person)

my neighbour did mention to me a couple of years ago about dog poo, and I said to her at the time it wasnt mine and she agreed that dogs wander all over the place and poo where and when they want to , this was going on when NFH2 were there and they let their dog out all the time to poo :rant:

anyway I just wanted to say I hate dog poo, I hate other dogs poo more

and I wish that some dog owners were more vigulant with cleaning up poo!

nappy bags dont cost the earth, I got a box of 300 for about 89p and they are even perfumed

so whats the excuse??? some people are lazy :banghead:

think I'll go and have a cuppa now after that rant!!

Some people just don't care and shouldn't be allowed to have animals. Do you know whether these dogs are strays? :unsure:

You shouldn't have to clean up other doggy's poo's. :angry:

BTW... hope your cuppa was nice.

Comment

and there are fines.....its about catching the poopers......we dont have enough officals to stop crime, so poopers are way down the priority list :rant:

and when dogs take them selves for walks do you staple the fine to their collar?

if they are wearing one that is!!!!

Comment

Poop bins where?. I've not seen one yet in our area. Why buy bags, we use bags from the supermarket.

GG.

Comment

I use those as well, but they have air holes in and sometimes you get poop on your hands, so you have to put 2 together

nappie sacks are great becuse they are so little, fit in your hand bag or pocket a treat!

we have no poo bins here

Comment

:lol:

beth, you had 11 poos in one rant, is that a record??

:P :P
            http://bestsmileys.com/sparkle/1.gif

I decree today that life

Is simply taking and not giving

England is mine - it owes me a living

But ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye

Oh, ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye ~ Morrisey/Marr

Politics is Showbusiness for ugly people ~ Jay Leno

I don't like liars, I don't like cheats. I don't like bullsh***ters. I don't like schmoozers. I don't like ar*e-lickers. ~ Sir Alan Sugar

"Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." ~ Samuel Johnson

The secret of success is the capacity to overcome failure ~ Noel Coward

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today ~ Laurence J. Peter

Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine ~ Lord Byron

Better bread with water than cake with trouble ~ Russian Proverb

There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a cup of tea ~ Bernard-Paul Heroux

Carpe Diem

Give Yourself to It ~ Sue Gadenne

Comment

Oh Beth, I am with you on this.

EVERYONE, dog owners or not, knows that dog owners should be cleaning up after their animal - it makes me mad too.

What are these animals doing out on their own? The dog warden needs to know about that!

The very worst culprits are the lazy s*ds who let their dogs poo in a busy High Street where loads of people are walking, pushing prams, wheelchairs etc - it makes me rage :rant: and I wonder how on Earth do they get away with it PLUS why didn't anyone say anything to the owner when it happened? Someone has to have seen it - it's a busy street!

Comment

I wonder if the mystery canine went on the public grass because he thought it was a sort of canine public toilet?

Comment

We have 2 bitches. We've given one her Native American Indian name Twooeethreepoos because she can't cope on a walk without, but we always dispose of their offerings carefully.

When we see someone on the far end of a lead pretending the dog on the other side having a dump is nothing to do with them we tend to stop walking and clap if they fail to clean up, or offer them a bag.

If their on the road we slow down and point and wave.

Perhaps we'll get the message across.

Ogre
                  'And if the elevator tries to break you down..... Go Crazy..'

Prince

Comment

I once looked out of an upstairs window to see a dog owner standing on the pavement with her dog on the lead casually watching whilst the dog had a cr*p against the wheel of my car.

Being in a mischevous mood, I opened the window a shouted loudly "Madam, please don't let your dog cr*p on my car, it's dirty, smelly and nasty"

She said "Well, really!" and stomped off in a huff. Presumably she found the word cr*p more offensive than actually letting dog do it on my car. Which is why I then shouted "Oi! you're not going to leave your sh*t there are you?" This caused her to stomp off even faster. I've never seen her again

Comment

Not exactly dog poo but a funny story that happened to me a few year ago- one of my nice neighbours was grumbling to me one day about what she thought was dog poo in her front garden.

I was agreeing with her how dreadful and irresponsible the owners were for letting the dog wander and poo in other people's gardens, when who should stroll into her garden, and sit himself right in the middle of her grass and poo, but our CAT!!

Exit one embarrassed Mrs B to dash home for a plastic bag!! Naughty boy!!

:blush: :lol:

Mrs B
                      BE BOLSHY - RECLAIM YOUR GARDEN!

Comment

A quick question.

I dont have a dog now, but when i was a kid we did. In those days you used to see a lot of dogs wandering around on their own, and i think there was a lot more doggy dos around then.

anyway, when we had a dog, we used to get him to poop in the gutter..and we didnt scoop it up. we figured as it was on the road no one would step in it, so it wasnt a bother to anyone.

now then, is this not allowed these days, or would you just scoop it anyway?

http://bestsmileys.com/sparkle/1.gif

I decree today that life

Is simply taking and not giving

England is mine - it owes me a living

But ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye

Oh, ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye ~ Morrisey/Marr

Politics is Showbusiness for ugly people ~ Jay Leno

I don't like liars, I don't like cheats. I don't like bullsh***ters. I don't like schmoozers. I don't like ar*e-lickers. ~ Sir Alan Sugar

"Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." ~ Samuel Johnson

The secret of success is the capacity to overcome failure ~ Noel Coward

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today ~ Laurence J. Peter

Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine ~ Lord Byron

Better bread with water than cake with trouble ~ Russian Proverb

There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a cup of tea ~ Bernard-Paul Heroux

Carpe Diem

Give Yourself to It ~ Sue Gadenne

Comment

Originally posted by Annabel@Dec 12 2003, 11:24 AM

A quick question.

I dont have a dog now, but when i was a kid we did. In those days you used to see a lot of dogs wandering around on their own, and i think there was a lot more doggy dos around then.

anyway, when we had a dog, we used to get him to poop in the gutter..and we didnt scoop it up. we figured as it was on the road no one would step in it, so it wasnt a bother to anyone.

now then, is this not allowed these days, or would you just scoop it anyway?

where i walk my lazy dogs up in the woods, i've quite easily taught them to hold off going to the toilet until they are right at the top of the lane, and then to do it up against the hedge where noone walks and where it is wasteland, this only took a few weeks for my dozy mutts!! the occassional accident is picked up with several nappysacks but yeuch at picking it up when it is still warm >.< i usually have one sack full of poo and another where i couldn't help throwing up! lmao but hey! if it is on a public place, i do indeed pick it up, so there is definately no excuse!

i'd say that it probably isn't allowed for the dog to do it in the gutter any more.

i've lost count of the times the kids have trodden in dog poo when picking them up from school then trodden it into the mpv :rant:

Comment

Keeping on the subject of poo.............

I'm trying desperately to get my pup (4 months) to 'go' outside, but just can't persuade him. I can take him for a long, long walk, use lots of positive encouragement, show him the lovely bags I've got with me to save his 'productions' in..................NOTHING!!

As soon as we're back indoors, he heads straight for his 'emergency paper tray' and poos for England (praise be, he's only a smallish doggy)!! And he looks so PLEASED with himself :thumbs: .

On a brighter note, he was exactly the same with his pees until yesterday. I was expecting him to save it 'til we got home, but he walked up to a hedge, bold as brass, and......... cocked his leg :blush: (he's always squatted up to now). I was so proud, I could have burst!! :P

Anyway, gotta go... (2 men in white coats have just knocked the door for me :hihi: )

LL

Comment

Originally posted by laminateloony@Dec 31 2003, 2:05 AM

Keeping on the subject of poo.............

I'm trying desperately to get my pup (4 months) to 'go' outside, but just can't persuade him. I can take him for a long, long walk, use lots of positive encouragement, show him the lovely bags I've got with me to save his 'productions' in..................NOTHING!!

As soon as we're back indoors, he heads straight for his 'emergency paper tray' and poos for England (praise be, he's only a smallish doggy)!! And he looks so PLEASED with himself* :thumbs: .

On a brighter note, he was exactly the same with his pees until yesterday. I was expecting him to save it 'til we got home, but he walked up to a hedge, bold as brass, and......... cocked his leg* :blush: (he's always squatted up to now). I was so proud, I could have burst!! :P

Anyway, gotta go... (2 men in white coats have just knocked the door for me :hihi: )

LL
                              awwwwwwwwwwww!! i just love puppies hehe

have you tried putting a piece of paper down outside? general method is to gradually move his paper nearer the back door until it outside.. haha good luck! :lol: it's not easy! be prepared for accidents for some time!! hehe

just remember how cute he is when you're down on hands and knees cleaning the floor once again hehe

and aaaaaahhhh re him cocking his leg hehe i remember when my dogs did that.. that makes us both sad together hehe like little milestones eh? lmao although the mutt i have now didn't stop when he got indoors :blink: so he ended up being an 'it' and is so much calmer/happier for it and the marking indoors stopped

i dunno.. these things are sent to try us! hehe

Comment

Working...
                              X