This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Severly p***ed off!

My selfish b*tch of a neighbour upstairs has been playing very loud music for almost 3 hours now. :angry:

I would go and tell her to turn it down, but going by past experience should be just ignore me.

My landlord is next to useless. Takes everything she says as gospel truth. "well she said she has a carpet and only makes normal domestic noise." Like hello, when you visited for all of 20 mins she knew you were there due to being able to hear everything we say due to the f***ing non existent soundproofing. So of course she was quiet. Only a complete moron would carry on making noise when they knew their housing officer was listening. :banghead:

They're so disorganized. I spoke to someone who was round making final checks before the new kitchen is put in. He said that they were going to soundproof some of their properties and I had to ask for it. Well I ask and I'm told they're not doing any because it costs to much and of course they're not legally obliged to do it either. :angry:

I'm more inclined to believe the workman to be honest. My H.A didn't exactly get glowing reviews for forward planning when they were recently reviewed by an independant review body.

Plus I read on their site about how they're going to upgrade to be inline with the Acceptable Home Standard. It's just such a mess. :sad:

I have someone coming to look at the place next week about a mutual exchange but i'm not hopefull. Nobody wants a studio do they? Why give up a 1 bedroom for a studio unless they're already have their own problems with a NFH or a dodgy neighbourhood.

I'm going to apply to be transferred. This is all affecting my health, my studying and my sleep patterns.

Sometimes it doesn't have to be all out war with a nutter to be a problem.

Hi Paul

Oh what an ignorant pond life cretin you live under.

How inconsiderate. I really feel bad for you :angry: .

Make sure you are logging all of this and be sure to report it to the HA as soon as possible. They can at least 'remind' her that under her tenancy agreement she must not disturb others or cause a nuisance. Three hours of blaring music is completely unreasonable and she needs to be told.

She must know what the soundproofing situation is - she should be told to turn it down - grrr.

Have you contacted environmental health about this? They can install sound monitoring equipment and catch her at it. (You'll prob know this already.)

If you haven't already put in for a transfer, be sure to not waste any more time. The sooner you get the application in, the sooner you can go on the list for consideration . Be sure to get a medical form too and perhaps a supporting letter from your GP (some HA's don't need this though cos they work on their own systems).

Good to know you are still getting interest for a Mut X. If the person wasn't interested in a studio, they wouldn't have agreed to come and see! So you never know, they may still love the place - it's whether you like theirs that counts!

Sounds like your HA is trying to say the right things, but as ever the usual 'we've no money' comes into play :sad: . Having said that, they'll HAVE to sort it out eventually and bring all homes up to the required standard as they have targets to have to achieve, so hang in there, they won't be able to get away with incompetence for very much longer.

Well, sorry I can't get the silly idiot to shut the racket, but don't forget, there's usually someone hanging about here to sound off at

Mazza

:nfh1:

Comment

Thanks for letting me rant earlier.

I went out for an hour to get away from the noise. Made sure I noted it in my log.

I have sent off a month's worth of logs so far. He said he'd pass them on to whoever decides where soundproofing will be installed.

I should really register with a GP up here. I moved this way about 18months ago but at the time I was still seeing a consultant over something so wanted to keep things simple until it was over. Now it is I think I'll look around for a good GP round this way. Could I get a letter from him/her to say that my health is being affected by this? Or would I have to get anti-depressants or something first? I don't feel I need them though. Happily smacking my neighbour around the head with one of shoes would improve my mood a lot.

Comment

as far as I know if you tell the GP something, it gets noted down on your file.

you dont have to take tablets, even if you are perscribed them, you dont have to take them

glad you got out for a bit, everyone needs a break, and you know you can let rip here!! :badmood:

Comment

Hi Paul again

You rant away - that's what we're here for

You definitely do not have to get anti-depressants for the GP to write you a supporting letter, so don't fret about that . And not being on pills won't mean you get less priority either. It's your overall situation that counts.

If you find a good GP, just explain to them how you are feeling and how your housing situation affects you. They can then write a suitable letter to the HA for you - but as I say, the HA might not actually need it - check with them cos they may have a different procedure.

Any decent GP these days will realise that just handing out pills and sending you away is not the way to go - from what I know, they are supposed to see you regularly and have a chat because talking therapy is seen as essential - whether you take pills or not.

By the way, I'm not talking anyone out of taking pills - they can be very useful too ! It's what suits YOU that counts .

Oh, meant to also mention - I know it was a joke about clumping the NFH, but please keep it as fantasy only - don't let them get any ammuntion against you - you are the better person here . I know it's tempting, but you'd end up in a real pickle :sad: .

Hope you feel a bit better for getting out today.

You take care and keep us updated.

Mazza

:nfh1:

Comment

Hi Paul

I'm sorry to hear your selfish neighbour is driving you up the wall(to put it mildly!) :badmood: . If you don't want to speak with her, perhaps a letter (there is a template one in resources) to give her warning that if she doesn't pipe down you will act on this. It might remind her that there are other people around her who don't wish to listen to her racket.

By all means, register with a new GP, and let them know how much this affecting you. To have it recorded may help with your H.A. and others if the GP will back you and say that it seems to be having a detrimental effect on your health/psychological well-being.

Can you record any of this noise to show the H.A. just how loud it is? Are any other neighbours affected, maybe they could help back you up here?

When you said you have handed in log sheets was that to the H.A., or to E.H. as well? I think it's worth pursuing E.H., as they should (eventually!) be able to offer monitoring equipment. Proof from them would help no end.

Hope you have a more peaceful evening than your day has been.

Regards,

Sapph

Comment

Originally posted by sapphirelily10@Oct 19 2003, 6:11 PM

I'm sorry to hear your selfish neighbour is driving you up the wall(to put it mildly!) :badmood: .* If you don't want to speak with her, perhaps a letter (there is a template one in resources) to give her warning that if she doesn't pipe down you will act on this. It might remind her that there are other people around her who don't wish to listen to her racket.*

By all means, register with a new GP, and let them know how much this affecting you.* To have it recorded may help with your H.A. and others if the GP will back you and say that it seems to be having a detrimental effect on your health/psychological well-being.

Can you record any of this noise to show the H.A. just how loud it is?* Are any other neighbours affected, maybe they could help back you up here?

When you said you have handed in log sheets was that to the H.A., or to E.H. as well?* I think it's worth pursuing E.H., as they should (eventually!) be able to offer monitoring equipment.* Proof from them would help no end.

Hope you have a more peaceful evening than your day has been.
              Well. Looks like I was partly right about the person coming to see my place. He decided he liked it so I went to see his yesterday. Um well, dodgy neighbourhood and rather run down building, lovely. Scrap that one.

I think I will get in touch with my local E.H. If they show that she's being disruptive with the music then maybe my landlord will take the so called 'domestic noise' more seriously as well. Isn't theie the small problem in that they have to let her know they're putting monitoring equipment in? It's just I know she would just be quiet for the period it's installed and then start acting up again.

And I think i'll register with a GP next week.

Hmm. Dunno about a peaceful evening. The only time it's quiet is daytime during the week. Come the evening and weekends the elephant is home stomping about and/or playing loud music. At the moment i'm in during the week which is some relief. Doesn't do much for the unemployment figures if people would rather not work so they actually get to enjoy a bit of quiet at home. No fun going to work for 8-9 hours to come to someone stomping about upstairs when you're trying to relax.

Oh well. Hopefully graduation will bring £££ and £££ hopefully means being able to choose a good flat.

Comment

Hi Paul

Shame about the quality of the poss exchange No point swapping one dodgy situation for another.

Re monitoring equipment. I'm not sure that they will tell her;worth giving them a ring and asking that. I agree, that, if she has warning about when it would be installed, she would probably just pipe down for that period. They may say to her that it's an option, but not tell her when? To be honest, they may not do it straight away. Have they issued her with any warnings yet, or, indeed, had any communication with her? I think E.H. should be able to give you an idea of the procedure they follow. If E.H. do take action against her, that should be plenty grounds for the H.A. to take action against her for breach of the tenancy obligation re noise nuisance.

Do register with a GP, Paul...it can't hurt to have it recorded on your medical records the sheer stress of this situation for you.

Hope that pursuing the E.H. route brings you success with forcing this woman to be quiet, and in turn puts pressure on the H.A. to act! Have you thought about enlisting the help of a Housing Advice/Housing Aid centre with this?

http://www.justask.org.uk/index.jsp

Hope you get a ££££££ job on graduation, then take your pick of where to live

Regards,

Sapph

Comment

They like to take their pay, but wont do ther job! :badmood:

Comment

Originally posted by PJHilder@Oct 26 2003, 1:51 PM

Isn't theie the small problem in that they have to let her know they're putting monitoring equipment in? It's just I know she would just be quiet for the period it's installed and then start acting up again.
                    Hey Paul,

Sorry to read your latest update, hope you're doing OK. Yeah, register with a GP if you can, even if you don't go for a while, worth it in case.

Noise Recording equipment - When most LA's (some differ depending on where you are) install this at your home for noise recording purposes, they will likely inform your neighbour that they will be recorded or even just 'monitored' (via letter) if their nuisance persists. They (the LA) shouldn't tell them when exactly that will be though, they will probably have to guess. They may even cryptically word the letter saying that they will be "monitored on an ongoing/future basis". That way, the LA have upheld (as ironic as this is! :lol your NFH's "human rights".

They could also see the LA arriving with the recording equipment (small black briefcase with recorder and mic/mic stands etc) - so you could ask them to come around with it when you know NFH is out?

Good Luck, let us know what happens and give your LA a call to check this anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Neighboured@Oct 26 2003, 6:46 PM

They like to take their pay, but wont do ther job! :badmood:
                      Who, the landlord, the HA, or the EH?!

Comment

Ok. Good, Good-ish and Bad news.

Good

Finally got the tv aerial installed.

Bad

B*tch upstairs was playing very loud music from about 7am-10am and then went out. Came home about half hour ago and put loud music back on again almost straight away. :angry:

Goodish.

Rung the noise number. Finally got through and spoke to someone. He said the visiting teams don't come on duty till 6pm. Oh well, better than my last councils team. So if she's still playing up later I'll call them again. He did however log my complaint and added the noise from earlier. Got given a log number so I can add to it. I'm keeping a written record too.

So sorta good and bad this week.

Comment

good on the areil front!

bad on the noise front

good that you have got the number to ring, keep ringing it! and if they are logging every call you make thats even better

another nail in NFH coffin I think!

you are doing ok PJ, I know how mad it drives you, I went totally loopy ( some will tell you I still am!)

keep at it, and come and let us know!

Comment

Hi Paul

Not all good news, I know, but glad you are in communication with E.H. The process is a bit of a grind, as evidence is collected, but keep at it. She seems unable to restrain herself, so don't see how this can fail in the end . Log, log, log, and hopefully this will end in a positive result! (And if it goes all the way, they can fine her, and get an order to confiscate her system ).

Best of luck,

Sapph

Comment

Ok. Same old loud music for most of today. :angry:

Rang up again to find out the number he gave me was just for that indivdual complaint. Not sure if they keep them connected in some way but seems a bit dumb to me. Think i'm going to go out for a few hours to get away from it. Lucky I can afford to do that atm. Hate to think what i'd do if I had no way of getting away from the noise. :blink:

This postal strike isn't helping atm. I have a feeling my transfer application form is probably sitting in a post box or sorting office somewhere. Think i'll pop up the council tomorrow morning and see if I can get on their list too. Hand in a copy of my logs as well as it'll be pointless posting them atm.

Comment

Working...
                              X