This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fighting back against the NFH

I know many of us have tried to analyse our respective NFH's behaviour. I know Janee has referenced the bullyonline site which is an excellent resource in dealing with bullying behaviour.

I believe my own NFH, and several other referred to on these boards, suffer from what is known as Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Basically he needs to be worshipped and lives in a fantasy world populated by people like him who are divided into good and evil.

But this link gave some options for fighting back.

http://www.mental-health-today.com/n...ic/violent.htm

The site does make particular reference to the fact that any retaliation should be done LEGALLY. This is not an excuse for harassment of the NFH by yourself which would damage your case enormously and NFHiB does not advocate adopting NFH tactics by any member.

For example in my own case, we now have a 6 foot fence betwen us and the NFH. We have therefore deprived him of his Narcissistic Supply in one fell swoop. He can't stare at us, get any reaction or know if his tactics are working. And all done legally.

He will now need a new supply for his narcissistic needs and his imagination will be playing havoc with him. We just carry on with our lives.

Anyone have any other thoughts on possible ways of dealing with narcissists?
    Now, these creatures are bringers of death and misery. They will never eat, they will never sleep, and they will never stop.

We are part of an ancient secret society. For three thousand years we have guarded the Cities and Towns. We are sworn at manhood to do any and all in our power to stop the NFH from ever being reborn into this world.

So what's the plan?

Rescue the damsel in distress, stop the bad guys, save the world.

Hi RB

Well I have found that it drives the Bates' crazy just by living what they see as a 'normal' life. They don't know that I still get those twisted feelings in my stomache from time to time, because I don't let them see it. They haven't a clue that I have to still build myself up to go out the front door (although it has got easier).

I think the main factor in my road to winning my war is the ignorance I now display towards them. Their back garden attacks have had to stop and this has most definitely clipped their wings and put them in their place, as far as that situation goes. It's much much easier to ignore them now. Oh what a 6ft fence can do :lol:

Norma has tried to have her moments, but her success rate is falling rapidly :lol: She still struts up and down the street as if she owns it, but I don't think that she is getting the authoritive attention she craves as much as she was.

I was out doing the front garden today when she came out of her front door to go out. My stomache began to churn until I saw that in order to walk past me, she had to pretend to be talking on her mobile phone. Her stomach must've been churning more than mine.

These people are not as strong as they would like to think they are. It's purely the fact that they are so weak that they need this unnatural attention and try to make themselves the 'High and Mighty' of the world. They are out 'n' out bullies, but are unable to cope with the legal implications of their actions.

Oh God...I've started to ramble on again :lol:

Tri

Comment

Interesting new thread Rockbank And nice way to get thoughts on this together in one place!

I'm sure members will have a wealth of their experience to pass on, and am sure other members will find help in that. Nice one

Ramble on, Tri? Nah! Anyway this is just the right place to do it, eh?

Two living proofs of how having a handle on the psychology of these people, and of our responses to them can help engineer us in to a much stronger position! :thumbs:

Sapph

Comment

Sounds like a lot of groups around the country:- The National Front, Political Parties etc

FF
        Howard:"You wanna be careful, before you know it you'll wake up in a bush singing songs about brooms"

Vince:"You don't know anything about me. Do you know anything about me?"

Howard:"I know...of you"

Vince:"Yeah, well, if you knew me you'd know that I don't sing songs about brooms...I sing songs about love...

Lovely lady with the eye

Lovely lady with the eye

You've only got one but it's a good one

Lovely lady with the eye, the eye, the eye, the eye, the eye

coming forward on a string, thats not normal, urgh

Yeah! I'm in a band..."

Comment

Tristar,

I get that stomach churning as well though its not as bad as it used to be but as soon as I get it and if I'm on the other side of the road, I'll immediately cross over to be on the same side as the NFH. Jus show he knows his intimidation doesn't work. Blank him as usual, of course and he'll probably come up with a snide comment. Though usually now its just a baboon-ish grunt. The 6 foot fence means we hardly see him now anyway. Fantastic!

But I'm thinking with those of us who have narcissistic NFHs whether we can use our knowledge of their condition to our advantage.

I should point out that the Narcisstic Personality Disorder is merely a way of describing a certain type of behaviour. It is NOT a mental illness. The narcissist knows their behaviour is ultimately wrong.

For instance, if my NFH decided to play music loud in his garden again, I could get out a briefcase with a cable leading from it and face it towards the NFH hoping that he'd think I was monitoring the noise.

The rest, as the article says, would be up to the NFH's imagination.

What are we recording? Is it just the noise or are we recording other things?

Who is listening to the recordings?

Are they allowed to record without my permission?

etc etc

Are they recording or is it something else?

Janee,

From your knowledge of NFH bullying tactics and psyche, do you think that there are any tactics you could legally employ to counteract them and ultimately defeat them or get them to back off?
          Now, these creatures are bringers of death and misery. They will never eat, they will never sleep, and they will never stop.

We are part of an ancient secret society. For three thousand years we have guarded the Cities and Towns. We are sworn at manhood to do any and all in our power to stop the NFH from ever being reborn into this world.

So what's the plan?

Rescue the damsel in distress, stop the bad guys, save the world.

Comment

I too have read the article and it seems that this is a perfect description of Norma.

She has now hunted out some holes in the original 6ft fencing panel and has covered them with tape. This has been done since my fence went up. I think that she thinks we are spying on her :hihi: If I really wanted to do this would I really have put up the fence?

This certainly proves that she suffers from Narcisstic Personality Disorder. Now I want to really get her brain suffering...I'm so wanting my revenge :hihi: especially for what she did to my boys lives :badmood:

Tri

Comment

Working...
            X