This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wasters

A beautiful field near me is apparently getting churned up with lottery money - why? So they can level off the football pitch so the poor kids have a balanced game. I am absolutely sickened by this news, considering the mess of our estate.

And there was me thinking that when you swopped ends at halftime it evened out all the dips and slants in the pitch ...

It is a bit off putting BUT .. you could start a 'clean up our estate committee' and apply for lottery money too . Or ask probation to bring its 'volunteers' down to tidy up as community punishment. (very polite people as they are on best behaviour - quite willing to do a good job)

FF
    Howard:"You wanna be careful, before you know it you'll wake up in a bush singing songs about brooms"

Vince:"You don't know anything about me. Do you know anything about me?"

Howard:"I know...of you"

Vince:"Yeah, well, if you knew me you'd know that I don't sing songs about brooms...I sing songs about love...

Lovely lady with the eye

Lovely lady with the eye

You've only got one but it's a good one

Lovely lady with the eye, the eye, the eye, the eye, the eye

coming forward on a string, thats not normal, urgh

Yeah! I'm in a band..."

Comment

Hi Reinen

Do they really have to use that space? Is there no school/council facility already in existence nearby that they could tap into using?

Is it worth contacting your local Voluntary Action organisation, and see if they can help you get going a group who have a say?! They help small community groups get start-up funding, and also apply for other money. Then, you can perhaps change the priorities!

Seriously, needs time and energy, but there are ways and means, if there's the will

Sapph

Comment

This is typical.

Years ago, in the mid 1970s, our local council decided to "improve" an area of land around a lake.

They wrecked it. Apparently the person in charge forgot to check with experts and accidentally smashed up the ancient land drains on the site.

As a result the land now floods every time there is the slightest rainfall. 28 years later it still has not recovered.

Comment

Working...
        X