This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Nice Weather...

OK, I realise people have bonfires for a variety of reasons and I'm not saying people shouldn't use them (safely) if it's appropriate and obviously not at the annoyance of their neighbours.....

But, why oh why do people think it's OK to have a bonfire in the middle of a lovely sunny, Sunday afternoon when most (all?) people will have at least a few windows open?

There is one close by to me somewhere, can't see it, but can smell it a bit - you know the smell, seems to linger everywhere. It makes me wonder if people have any thoughts or consideration for others when they have bonfires at times like these?

Why couldn't they have waitied until later? What about people's washing out on the lines? Windows open? People outside enjoying the weather/gardens - and oh, wafty smells of the bonfire - lovely.

I suppose you could say similar to BBQ's - but, hey that's a different breed eh!

believe me i know how you feel. thankfully our bonfire bandit hs obviously burnt everything so he hasnt had one for a few days. ok so he did have them at night but it was the burning plastic smell that was filling the house that got up my nose.

the road over the front of us (behind the garages) is full of privately owned houses and not part of the council estate i live on and they all seem to think because they live in private houses that there are different laws for them. they constantly have bonfires but at least being to the front of the flat the smell isnt as bad as those out the back of us. and one of them has speakers in his garden (he must have because of the loudness, even the old couple abopve me have mentioned how loud the music is sometimes from this persons garden). where the hell do you stand when its "private" Vs "Council"?

Comment

Why are these people such w***kers?

Debs trying to be quiet!!

Matthew and Beth

Post this message for me........please..........

From Witsend "My NFH have moved out!!!!

Thank you SO much for your help and support.......I never thought this day would come.........everything happens for a reason so they say........

Your Website helped me sooo much..........

Love Debbie xxxxx

and you will be linked to my WEbsite xxxx

Debs xxxxx

Comment

Debs,

Nice one and really glad you have found your peace.

Matthew, tell me about bonfires. I live in the Borders and had the misfortune of being here at the height of the foot and mouth outbreak. We are surrounded by farmland and at one point counted twenty plus bonfires. The smell you get from a bbq was nothing compared to this smell. It literally puts you off bbq' for life.

Sorry just having a moment.

Kevin

Comment

Ssssshhh. The local bonfire burners must be overcome with the heat because we've not had any for quite a while now

Debs, I'm over the moon for you Hope you're having a lovely peaceful and stress free life now

Grrr!! As I'm writing this some silly light plane has just flown right over the house with somebody strapped to it's wing!! So I'm thinking of Spinky and hoping she's having a peaceful bank holiday

Misty
          "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

kevin, that must have completely dreadful, the smell of death basically isnt it.

we go from one extreme to another in this post...kevin with foot and mouth on one hand and misty with some dilly doughnut flaffing about on a light aircraft...truly bizarre....

i am sure i would crack up at the sight of some twit strapped to the wing of a light aircraft...especially if they flew over my house!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
            http://bestsmileys.com/sparkle/1.gif

I decree today that life

Is simply taking and not giving

England is mine - it owes me a living

But ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye

Oh, ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye ~ Morrisey/Marr

Politics is Showbusiness for ugly people ~ Jay Leno

I don't like liars, I don't like cheats. I don't like bullsh***ters. I don't like schmoozers. I don't like ar*e-lickers. ~ Sir Alan Sugar

"Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." ~ Samuel Johnson

The secret of success is the capacity to overcome failure ~ Noel Coward

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today ~ Laurence J. Peter

Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine ~ Lord Byron

Better bread with water than cake with trouble ~ Russian Proverb

There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a cup of tea ~ Bernard-Paul Heroux

Carpe Diem

Give Yourself to It ~ Sue Gadenne

Comment

Isn't there a regulation about when you can have a bonfire to burn garden rubbish?

Something to do with hanging washing out ...

I'll have a root around and see what I can find

FF
              Howard:"You wanna be careful, before you know it you'll wake up in a bush singing songs about brooms"

Vince:"You don't know anything about me. Do you know anything about me?"

Howard:"I know...of you"

Vince:"Yeah, well, if you knew me you'd know that I don't sing songs about brooms...I sing songs about love...

Lovely lady with the eye

Lovely lady with the eye

You've only got one but it's a good one

Lovely lady with the eye, the eye, the eye, the eye, the eye

coming forward on a string, thats not normal, urgh

Yeah! I'm in a band..."

Comment

There is a Self-Help Article all about Bonfires on the main NFHiB site in the Resources section.

Comment

Am lucky here for a change...

In the part of Somerset I live in, the locl council only allow bonfire on Nov 5th or thereabouts.....
                  "You have to be the change you wish to see in the world"

Comment

Matthew,

Bonfires eh?

The only bonfires we have up here are the ritual sacrifices young man- have you ever seen "The Wicker Man"

Or indeed the big potsof boiling water being made up for............................................... .........................POT NOODLES!!!!!!!!

Bet you havent missed THAT!!

your old grumpy stressed out chum

Horsefan! :lol:
                    "Take off and nuke the site from orbit- it's the only way to be sure!"

apologies if you are an "Aliens" fan

Posh Noodle - NOT for the likes of YOU!!

Comment

Working...
                    X