This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its Getting Hot In Here

ok, let me be the one to start moaning about the heat.

why do we have to work when it is so hot??? its hideous in this office with no air con . we have switched the lights off in a pitiful attempt to cool the place down.

i need your sympathy as well as we have no fridge in here so our drinks get very warm...come on everyone say aaaah poor thing....

and its going to be even hotter in the next few days.

i need an excuse to skive off...what can i say...the road melted and i couldnt drive to work...the heat made my front door stick and i cant get out of the house...

what a moaner i am!!!!

B) why am i doing this :lmao: when i should be loafing on a sun lounger doing this :zzz:
    http://bestsmileys.com/sparkle/1.gif

I decree today that life

Is simply taking and not giving

England is mine - it owes me a living

But ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye

Oh, ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye ~ Morrisey/Marr

Politics is Showbusiness for ugly people ~ Jay Leno

I don't like liars, I don't like cheats. I don't like bullsh***ters. I don't like schmoozers. I don't like ar*e-lickers. ~ Sir Alan Sugar

"Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." ~ Samuel Johnson

The secret of success is the capacity to overcome failure ~ Noel Coward

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today ~ Laurence J. Peter

Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine ~ Lord Byron

Better bread with water than cake with trouble ~ Russian Proverb

There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a cup of tea ~ Bernard-Paul Heroux

Carpe Diem

Give Yourself to It ~ Sue Gadenne

Lol Annabel, we really are typical Brits, we're never satisfied :lol: Well, I suppose we are when it pours down and we get peace

I'm sending you all my sympathy. Tomorrow why don't you get a few freezer bags full of ice cubes, you could make them last longer by putting them in one of those insulated bags if you've got one, then you can take some out every now and again and soothe your fevered brow

Might not be a great idea, but it's all I can think of right now I'm not really up on the legislation about working conditions. I know there's a minimum temperature allowed, not sure if there's a maximum. Tell you boss he should be providing you with ice lollies

You could always fake a faint, say it's from heatstroke and get sent home

Misty
    "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

LOL

We should have a siesta time like they do abroad when it's hot like this - like everything and everyone stops from 12pm-3pm ish...LOL.

Sounds good to me!

PS: The coolest place I've been today, bar the car with it's air conditioning (icy!) was Staples (the stationary shop) - it was iiiiiiiicy cold with the air cond!!

Comment

No maximum temperature in terms of Health and Safety legislation. But your working conditions should be (that lovely word) reasonable. Keep an eye out on your thermometer.

Your employer should try to reduce the temperature if it's an uncomfortable working environment, eg by installing air conditioning units.

I would say that they should get you a fridge (at the very least). Start a campaign up! Are you in a union?

I'm just off to get myself an ice lolly and sit in front of the fan.

Comment

:lol: :lol:

yes us brits are so lightweight when it comes to the heat. give me a nice cold snap any time, but not snow...i do not do snow.....

i could definitely do the 'i feel faint' bit,. no probs...but my boss would probably make sure i finshed the work before i conked out!!!!!! :lol:

i work for the tightest company going, if i told you some of the penny pinching nonsense that went on in here...such as we only ever put the hall and stair lights on if we have a client coming in, and the second they have been shoved outside the door they get turned off again.

in the winter the heating only gets put on until lunchtime and then it is deemed that the building has warmed up enough and it gets turned off....

this is how my boss has managed to buy himself a yacht and three houses....(much kissing of teeth going on now)

plus i havent had a payrise since i started working here two and a half years ago, its just slavery pure and simple. and to have no fridge to boot, the ultimate insult.

rant rant :P to working in the summer

I decree today that life

I don't like liars, I don't like cheats. I don't like bullsh***ters. I don't like schmoozers. I don't like ar*e-lickers. ~ Sir Alan Sugar

"Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." ~ Samuel Johnson

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today ~ Laurence J. Peter

There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a cup of tea ~ Bernard-Paul Heroux

Carpe Diem

Comment

Forward, bretheren, to the revolution B)

Time to give those bosses a piece of our minds. Btw, Annabel you're boss wouldn't be Ebeneezer Scrooge would he? Maybe we should pay him a visit (in fancy dress) next Christmas

Misty
            "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Can't go to work...my car is an oven, and I CANNOT hold the steering wheel!!!

Sapph :lol:

Comment

:badmood: pardon? excuse me???? a FAN, on your DESK, you say???????????

brand NEW??/ what, eh?

I am utterly beside myself. GREEEEN with envy april you are a wicked woman!!!

my colleague had to buy her own fan....i make do with a folded up bit of cardboard.

8-X 8-X 8-X

I decree today that life

Carpe Diem

Comment

:blush:

Ooooh Annabel - that's an offer you can't refuse!!!! :hihi:

Comment

:lol: :lol:

you rotten lot tormenting me like this with your stories of cooling fans on your desks. how civilised it all sounds

B)

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: B)

hey matthew, any chance of a smily face sitting on a deckchair eating an ice cream??????

i cannot skive today either as head honcho is here as is his beady eyed P.A.

So its h34r: back to the grindstone :P :P

I decree today that life

Carpe Diem

Comment

Annabel,

Come and work out here, the sea breeze is lovely this time of the year. :hihi: :hihi:

Kevin

Comment

What you need are rohan trousers that turn into shorts

(and to work somewhere where you can wear what you want)

FF
                        Howard:"You wanna be careful, before you know it you'll wake up in a bush singing songs about brooms"

Vince:"You don't know anything about me. Do you know anything about me?"

Howard:"I know...of you"

Vince:"Yeah, well, if you knew me you'd know that I don't sing songs about brooms...I sing songs about love...

Lovely lady with the eye

Lovely lady with the eye

You've only got one but it's a good one

Lovely lady with the eye, the eye, the eye, the eye, the eye

coming forward on a string, thats not normal, urgh

Yeah! I'm in a band..."

Comment

Freakyfun, you woldnt be suggesting that if you saw my legs....

in fact you would probably suggest i wear purdah... :lol: :lol: (if that is thecorrect term for the long black robes muslim ladies sometimes wear)

i have visions of kevinp out on an oil rig in the north sea...am i right?

I decree today that life

Carpe Diem

Comment

Annabel, don't self denigrate yourself, we are all beautiful in Gods eyes. (except for perhaps Camilla Parker-Bowles - joke - I love the royals, bless 'em)

If kevinp is on an oil rig, where is his nfh? Perhaps there are two oil rigs close together?

FF
                            Howard:"You wanna be careful, before you know it you'll wake up in a bush singing songs about brooms"

Vince:"You don't know anything about me. Do you know anything about me?"

Howard:"I know...of you"

Vince:"Yeah, well, if you knew me you'd know that I don't sing songs about brooms...I sing songs about love...

Lovely lady with the eye

Lovely lady with the eye

You've only got one but it's a good one

Lovely lady with the eye, the eye, the eye, the eye, the eye

coming forward on a string, thats not normal, urgh

Yeah! I'm in a band..."

Comment

Annabel,

Not the Rigs, but ships. My neighbour is blissfully hundreds of miles away , waiting for me when I get home

Kevin

Comment

Working...
                              X