This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing Shevaun

I have to have a rant about the missing 12 year old who ran off with the 31 yr old

american marine...

i just cannot get my head round the fact that the PARENTS of this girl had no idea what she was doing on her computer for hours and hours on end, and i wonder where on earth she got the money to fund these airline flights around europe. it just beggars belief.

and now the bloke has been arrested for abduction, when to my mind this girl had made up her own mind what to do and seems to have been very devious...

or am i being really unfair?????
    http://bestsmileys.com/sparkle/1.gif

I decree today that life

Is simply taking and not giving

England is mine - it owes me a living

But ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye

Oh, ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye ~ Morrisey/Marr

Politics is Showbusiness for ugly people ~ Jay Leno

I don't like liars, I don't like cheats. I don't like bullsh***ters. I don't like schmoozers. I don't like ar*e-lickers. ~ Sir Alan Sugar

"Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." ~ Samuel Johnson

The secret of success is the capacity to overcome failure ~ Noel Coward

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today ~ Laurence J. Peter

Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine ~ Lord Byron

Better bread with water than cake with trouble ~ Russian Proverb

There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a cup of tea ~ Bernard-Paul Heroux

Carpe Diem

Give Yourself to It ~ Sue Gadenne

Hiya

Hadn't really given it a second thought as too occupied in fighting my battles with NFH!!!!! :nfh1:

Yes my battle has just begun! oh yes!!!! :blink:

Watching teenagers these days...they are so streetwise... I blame it all on the Television programmes they watch like the soaps etc...in my day it was black and white TV with a very harmless Coronation street in it's early days!!

Witsend

Comment

dreadful situation!

I think I heard that he arranged all flights and fares.

but yes, did they not have the parental controls on?

we will never know

thank goodness she is home now, and is still alive

Comment

I'm sure I heard the parents say she used to be on the computer for around 11 hours a day upstairs then they limited to 5 hours a day! I'm afraid if I'd had a comp when my kids were younger it would be where I could see them and I'd be the nosiest mother ever and they'd have to fight me to get online!

There have been so many near horror or even horror stories about paedophiles and the internet you'd think her parents would have been a lot more vigilant. But then I suppose it's easy to be lulled into a false sense of security if your child is apparently safe at home rather than wandering the streets.

There is another girl, aged 14, been missing for 10 days, so far. Believed to have gone off after contacting some man or other on the net. Where's the big news headlines about that? Makes you wonder just how many kids are missing!!

Misty
        "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

She lives in my area, and she does look a lot older than 12 too. believe they have gone away and maybe selling their story, hope not.

Comment

I know, you'd think that with all the publicity these days about internet chat rooms/paedophiles they would know better!

Ignorance is no defence, but kids can be verrrry sneaky - weren't you too???!!

You can't watch the news these days without some kind of reference to this type of situation so I don't think they can pretend that they don't know it goes on.

Oh well, the story of what happened will out soon, just hope he did not do anything dodgy with her...Yikes :angry:

Comment

Working...
            X