This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What an IDIOT!

I cannot believe what I have done. I dare not tell the hubby or he will go stratospheric ballistic!!!

Some of you know we are selling our house. We live on a private road for which we pay a yearly maintenance fee to the residents association. the res assoc is made up of people who live on our road. When I gave the solicitor the address of the sceretary, i only gave them the address of our blinking NFH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the solicitors have been writing and chasing up for information and of course getting no response...oh my god, i cannot believe what an idiot i am...of all people, fancy giving the NFH's address....granted she only lives 3 doors away from the secretary, but she isnt going to do me any favours is she???? flip, if my husband finds out i will be mincemeat, especially as this is the only thing holding up our exchange!!!!

my head is absolutely pounding, i fear my BP has gone right through the roof! i am so embarrassed! :sad:
    http://bestsmileys.com/sparkle/1.gif

I decree today that life

Is simply taking and not giving

England is mine - it owes me a living

But ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye

Oh, ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye ~ Morrisey/Marr

Politics is Showbusiness for ugly people ~ Jay Leno

I don't like liars, I don't like cheats. I don't like bullsh***ters. I don't like schmoozers. I don't like ar*e-lickers. ~ Sir Alan Sugar

"Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." ~ Samuel Johnson

The secret of success is the capacity to overcome failure ~ Noel Coward

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today ~ Laurence J. Peter

Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine ~ Lord Byron

Better bread with water than cake with trouble ~ Russian Proverb

There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a cup of tea ~ Bernard-Paul Heroux

Carpe Diem

Give Yourself to It ~ Sue Gadenne

OuCh!

I assume you have told the solicitors the correct address now?

I'm surprised that the posty didn't pick up on the letters addressed to the wrong person for that house? Ours is pretty good - the letters seem to get to the right people even if the address is out by a few doors.

Hope things resolve themselves soon for you

FF

P.S. Make your hubbies favourite meal, give him his favourite tipple, then break the news gently - you may get away with it
    Howard:"You wanna be careful, before you know it you'll wake up in a bush singing songs about brooms"

Vince:"You don't know anything about me. Do you know anything about me?"

Howard:"I know...of you"

Vince:"Yeah, well, if you knew me you'd know that I don't sing songs about brooms...I sing songs about love...

Lovely lady with the eye

Lovely lady with the eye

You've only got one but it's a good one

Lovely lady with the eye, the eye, the eye, the eye, the eye

coming forward on a string, thats not normal, urgh

Yeah! I'm in a band..."

Comment

Uh-oh Annabel

As Freaky says, break it to him very, very gently

Good luck

Misty
      "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

The Postman is obliged to deliver the mail to whatever address is on the envelope, regardless of the name. Its on the principle that it may be that you have asked for mail to be sent to that address.

Your NFH should have forwarded the mail on. If he has opened it, this is illegal.

Sorry to hear about that Annabel. Its a mistake I've often been worried I might make. Thankfully it hasn't happened yet, but assuming that my NFH is so stupid as to open mail for me that gets addressed to his house, I've often wonderd about "mistakenly" sending myself documentation about narcissistic personality disorder, concerns about foster children etc. with a POST It note saying something like, "Here's the info you wanted, hope it helps!" knowing full well that my NFH would open it.
        Now, these creatures are bringers of death and misery. They will never eat, they will never sleep, and they will never stop.

We are part of an ancient secret society. For three thousand years we have guarded the Cities and Towns. We are sworn at manhood to do any and all in our power to stop the NFH from ever being reborn into this world.

So what's the plan?

Rescue the damsel in distress, stop the bad guys, save the world.

Comment

The Postman is obliged to deliver the mail to whatever address is on the envelope

Ooo .. didn't know that .. it means our postman is being naughty ... he he

FF
          Howard:"You wanna be careful, before you know it you'll wake up in a bush singing songs about brooms"

Vince:"You don't know anything about me. Do you know anything about me?"

Howard:"I know...of you"

Vince:"Yeah, well, if you knew me you'd know that I don't sing songs about brooms...I sing songs about love...

Lovely lady with the eye

Lovely lady with the eye

You've only got one but it's a good one

Lovely lady with the eye, the eye, the eye, the eye, the eye

coming forward on a string, thats not normal, urgh

Yeah! I'm in a band..."

Comment

they are definitely the kind of people who would open it, have a good laugh at our expense (if they could understand the letter mind you) and then take great delight in binning it, knowing they will cause us delay and frustration.

but its all my fault!!!!

shrieeeeeek :ill: :badmood:

I decree today that life

I don't like liars, I don't like cheats. I don't like bullsh***ters. I don't like schmoozers. I don't like ar*e-lickers. ~ Sir Alan Sugar

"Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." ~ Samuel Johnson

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today ~ Laurence J. Peter

There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a cup of tea ~ Bernard-Paul Heroux

Carpe Diem

Comment

Annabel

Well, I have this philosophy - if you are going to c*ck up, do it in style!! My wife just looks at me and shakes her head when I tell her about some of my blunders....

Hope all is sorted now.

John
              "You have to be the change you wish to see in the world"

Comment

:wacko: :blink: :crazy:

Oh nooooo! If I were you , I would def keep schtumm :whistle:

Mazza

:withstupid:

Comment

No, you are NOT an idiot. All this shows is that your NFH has had such a harmful effect on your life that you think about her even when you try to think of something else.

Comment

aahh

neighboured you have hit the nail on the head there!!!!

i nearly told the old ballandchain tonite what i had done because the NFH were at the front of their house smoking and i thought they were looking at our house and smirking (ooohh the paranoia) but then i got a grip of myself. ill tell him when we have exchanged ....maybe...

I decree today that life

Carpe Diem

Comment

Smirking? Nah. She had wind.

Comment

Working...
                      X