• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 600 members!

NICE ONE NFHiB!

:wow: Here's to the next 600!

Sapph

*mouse STILL playing up!!!

It's good we found the NFH site. But isn't it a pity that we had to be looking?

Comment

Ps, our mouse was playing up. Turned out all he needed was to have his little rubber ball removed and goodness knows how much gunk and yuck cleaned from his little internal wheels and rollers.

Gosh. He was a mess! Enough to make you feel quite :sicky:

Comment

You will NEVER know what's in mine....it's too disgusting for words :lol:

Comment

But I STILL don't know what was in ours! But you are right. It was disgusting! :lol:

Comment

I think you both need a mousetrap!

600 is fantastic and down to you all - thanks everyone! Looking forward to hitting 4 figures in our membership and we're almost on 20,000 posts too! :wow:

Comment

LOL

Matthew.....why would I need a mousetrap with all these cats? :P

On second thoughts, they obviously need some lessons :lol:

Sapph

Comment

600!! Great for the site but I can't help but shudder about what that means in terms of abuse and harassment It makes me shudder even more when I realise that this is only the tiny tip of a huge iceberg

But on the positive side, the message is out there that here is somewhere you can come for comfort and advice

Onwards and upwards NFHiB

Misty
                "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

always nice to get new members but very sad for the reasons they are here

never mind.....I hope we can all help each other in some small way!! :ban:

Comment

The are roughly 60 million people in the UK.

Assume that each person has a NFH at some point in their lives.

This forum has gained 600 members in under one year.

Assume that there will be a 20% increase in members each year as publicity increases. Assume no-one leaves the site.

By my calculation, everyone in the country will have registered with the site by the year 2066.

The average number of posts per day with 600 members is currently around 200.

In 2066 the average number of posts per day will be 20 million.

Assuming that you take 30 seconds to read each post properly it would therefore be impossible to read all the new posts per day. Break point would be reached in 2018 when you would spend all day reading posts, with no time to eat, sleep, work etc.

Each NFH.org page is around 100 kilobytes in size. Assuming everyone logs on and goes straight to the message they want to read, each day would see a massive 2 Terabytes of information transferred from the NFH.org servers each day. This would require (on average) a 23 Gigabyte per second connection for the NFH.org server. Luckily, connections as these speeds already exist.

A comfortable number of members would perhaps be reached in 2009 where you would only have to spend 5 hours a day reading posts.

FF

(yes .. there are some inconsistancies due to population growth, levelling off of annual subscribers, people leaving as they solve the NFH problem etc, but I couldn't be bothered to factor those in)
                    Howard:"You wanna be careful, before you know it you'll wake up in a bush singing songs about brooms"

Vince:"You don't know anything about me. Do you know anything about me?"

Howard:"I know...of you"

Vince:"Yeah, well, if you knew me you'd know that I don't sing songs about brooms...I sing songs about love...

Lovely lady with the eye

Lovely lady with the eye

You've only got one but it's a good one

Lovely lady with the eye, the eye, the eye, the eye, the eye

coming forward on a string, thats not normal, urgh

Yeah! I'm in a band..."

Comment

how do you find time to come up with these figures???? :lol: :huh:

I really hope we never reach those numbers gosh.....very frightening thought!!! :huh:

Comment

lol Beth,

One thought .. if you get enough members, a small membership fee would make enough money to do things like send members who have had *really* rough times to a swanky hotel for the weekend to recover ...

e.g. Say we charge members £1 a month for some extra services on the site. By 2009 you would be pulling in around £21,000 in fees .. enough to set up a hardship fund for sure. (on another note, by 2066 the annual turnover of the site would be 700 million pounds)

As for my time ... My job is very 'demand driven'. Sometimes I'm up to my eyeballs .. other times I can sit for a while and do constructive things like fiddle with statistics

FF
                        Howard:"You wanna be careful, before you know it you'll wake up in a bush singing songs about brooms"

Vince:"Yeah, well, if you knew me you'd know that I don't sing songs about brooms...I sing songs about love...

Lovely lady with the eye

Lovely lady with the eye

Yeah! I'm in a band..."

Comment

:wow: @freaky stats :lol: Very impressive...

It's great to know that new members are joining all the time, because it means that NFHiB is becoming a bigger and better place for everyone to get support and more people are finding it. Of course it is really sad that it had to be here in the first place and that there are so many of us suffering from NFH.

A big thank you to Matthew and Beth for setting up NFHiB in the first place, because without you two, we wouldn't all be here.

600 members is a great achievement for the site.

We have already passed the 20,000 posts mark, again another great achievement for the site.

Well done NFHiB!!!

Comment

I've just done a more indepth analysis of the membership growth (by looking at the cumulative number of members over time) and it appears to fit this function

Number of Members = 2E-05D^3 - 2.1338D^2 + 80264D - 1E+09

Where D is the date expressed as the number of days past 1st Jan 1900.

(e.g. today 3rd Sep 2003 would be expressed as 37867)

There do not seem to be any signs of a slow-down on membership as yet.

On that basis I would expect us to reach 1000 members on 13th Nov 2003.

(levelling off may occur later ..)

Enjoy

FF

Lovely lady with the eye

Lovely lady with the eye

Yeah! I'm in a band..."

Comment

well.....we will see come november then FF!!

Number of Members = 2E-05D^3 - 2.1338D^2 + 80264D - 1E+09

now you lost me there mate!!! :huh: :blink:

Comment

Working...
                              X