This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Madhatter ...

Well, I haven't been about for a couple of weeks on the basis that I have some major issues going on here at home.

However, you won't be surprised to learn that Madhatter features highly among the major issues that I cite.

Tomorrow - well without any shadow of doubt I am just not looking forward to it. The police will be back out to take a statement from me regarding another outburst that occured last Sunday morning. The police feel now enough is enough and I for one am relieved that they are going to do something about it. After the statement - then they will arrest him. Am I glad ? I don't know is the honest answer cause I know damn well its only the begining, I can't say that his arrest is likely to bring him to his senses either because it tends to have the opposite effect on him. The offences are such that we are looking at a court case (providing CPS get their fingers out this time) and a possible custodial sentence emerging from it all.

Whilst I for one will be glad that action is now finally being taken - it has been a long and sometimes slow process - this has been coupled with the fact that my mums health has taken a turn for the worst. Naturally, with all the strain that Madhatter can summon, it has been enough to make even a sane person consider driving their car off Beachy Head, in the hope that the 'Afterlife' will be better than this one.

Tomorrow - maybe it will be a turning point in this sorry business. Perhaps the fact that he will be bailed should put the fear God into him.

But then again ....

Hi scooby

Sorry to hear that you're having a hard time at the moment.

Hope that all goes as well as can be expected tomorrow. Please let us know how it goes.

Comment

Glad to hear he is getting what's coming...I hope everything goes okay.

Best regards to your Mum and wishing you good lick tomorrow :clover: :clover: :clover:

Tri

Comment

Hi Scoobs,

I'm really sorry to hear about your mum Hope she gets better very soon.

As for madhatter, well, I can understand your ambivalent feelings about him and his imminent arrest Hopefully he'll go quietly and CPS will do what is needed to give you and your mum some peace.

Good luck, sending you lots of positive thoughts

Misty
        "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Okay folks - here's the result you have all been waiting for and was it worth - was it hell.

Right then, firstly its something called Burden of Proof, yes I know I carp on about it on here from time to time, but, the police have told me that unless there is an independent witness then CPS won't entertain it.

The only thing that can assist us at the moment is the abusive phone call that I received from him in July. The police are going to investigate this with BT and see where the call originated from. If Madhatter used his own phone for this purpose - he's nicked. They will pursue him on that and maybe the other stuff but this will become secondary.

If the phone call comes back as being a pay as you go - which they cannot trace - then all they can do is re-arrest Madhatter and question him again. He will of course deny everything but, on the basis that he is unlikely to admit anything at all - all the police can do is give him a warning.

So there you go, I knew in my water that it wouldn't amount to much at all. But, do you know what if I was living in West Midlands Police Force Area they would throw the book at Madhatter and so would the CPS, because Warwickshire's CPS are just a bunch of flipping jobsworths and everything must be done to the total leter of the law and if there is a margin of error - oh they couldn't pursue it, then all would be good and rosy in Scooby Doo's garden. So it all comes down to where in the country you live and how your force reacts to things like this.

The police ooficer told me that West Mids will pursue anything and everything in pursuit of getting a conviction and West Mids CPS are helping them to do that.

So, in the meatime I need to get myself an independent witness. I can't pay one cause that comes as professional witness status and the police won't have that either. I have to drag someone off the street and get them to act, but, if they buzz off in the meantime then thats me snookered for another incident.

Oh the sheer joys of living nextdoor to Madhatter - I just cannot begin to tell you.

Comment

scooby, the things you have had to put up with, truly make my blood boil. and not just from the NFH!!!

it is just pure doggydoo isnt it, that you need an independent witness???how many crimes committed get convictions because of independet witnesses???? all the murders that occur, did they all have independent witnesses in order to get convictions???? oh foooo :badmood:

i also suspect that police forces in more rural/ suburby type areas are less aggressive than those in major cities. i know i am generalising, but it is impossible to get a response from the police where i live now, when i lived in the great metropolis that i cannot wait to get back to, the police were on your doorstep within minutes if you reported a disturbance. :angry:

anyway scooby the main reason for posting is that despite all your troubles you always post the most excellent advice for other members, i dont know how you do it! more power to your elbow. Surely it is only a matter of tiime before your moronic NFH trips up and gets locked up ! :P
            http://bestsmileys.com/sparkle/1.gif

I decree today that life

Is simply taking and not giving

England is mine - it owes me a living

But ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye

Oh, ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye ~ Morrisey/Marr

Politics is Showbusiness for ugly people ~ Jay Leno

I don't like liars, I don't like cheats. I don't like bullsh***ters. I don't like schmoozers. I don't like ar*e-lickers. ~ Sir Alan Sugar

"Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." ~ Samuel Johnson

The secret of success is the capacity to overcome failure ~ Noel Coward

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today ~ Laurence J. Peter

Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine ~ Lord Byron

Better bread with water than cake with trouble ~ Russian Proverb

There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a cup of tea ~ Bernard-Paul Heroux

Carpe Diem

Give Yourself to It ~ Sue Gadenne

Comment

despite all your troubles you always post the most excellent advice for other members, i dont know how you do it! more power to your elbow. Surely it is only a matter of tiime before your moronic NFH trips up and gets locked up !Â*

I totally agree

Tri

Comment

Sorry to hear about the latest trouble Scooby but don't feel that it is a waste of time. Your NFH will be realising (unless he's completely stupid) that you won't be messed around with so he will need to tread very carefully.

Just keep at it and eventually he'll trip himself up. Thanks to you I realise with my own NFH problems that the legal process doesn't always run as smoothly as you might want but it all adds to the bigger picture.
                Now, these creatures are bringers of death and misery. They will never eat, they will never sleep, and they will never stop.

We are part of an ancient secret society. For three thousand years we have guarded the Cities and Towns. We are sworn at manhood to do any and all in our power to stop the NFH from ever being reborn into this world.

So what's the plan?

Rescue the damsel in distress, stop the bad guys, save the world.

Comment

Annabel and Rockbank,

Thats all I live in hope for now that he will trip himself up. But as always, it's just playing the waiting game and I think we are all long enough in the tooth to now know that in the meantime it means we all have to suffer just because the police and CPS say "Its not enough we need more".

I don't know what more they really want. I have got the old Dictaphone perched at the ready all the time but, on Saturday the police officer told me that it would be down to the descretion of the magistrate/judge as to whether or not it would be allowed. Yes it would go some way to proving our point about his obnoxious behaviour, but lets face it I have come to the conclusion that its like pushing glue uphill as regards to the authorities and judiciary are concerned.

I read in todays Daily Mail that it took police two and a half hours to answer a 999 call and they cited many other calls that although being a priority, just got sidelined.

I don't know whats happening to our police force any more. I remember the days (and its not that long ago) that the police had much more wider ranging powers of arrest, now they haven't. I am told that they have to treat the criminals with kid gloves while the victim has to suffer. The criminals are sticking two fingers up the whole legal process and we - the tax payers - are picking up the bill for failed and aborted trails on a miniscule technicality. It's becoming nothing short of a farce. My solicitor is in agreement with me to the point that the 1997 PFHA is not really worth the paper it is written on unless the police and courts impliment the conditions attached within.

So now we sit and wait and play the game that the police are advising us to do - if we wait long enough he'll end up hanging himself. From my personal point of view it cannot come soon enough.

Comment

Scooby have you seen Archie's story 'Hell in a idyllic rural village, 'Caldas' posted an excellent reply, and it does boil down to the inactivity, lethargy and indifference of the powers that be.

There is no point having these laws unless they will be enforced, unless they wish to wait until the situation reaches epidemic proportions, when they will start to get their fingers out. of course by then it will be far too late to turn back the tide, as we have seen with drug dealing, gun crimes, rapes, muggings etc etc.
                    http://bestsmileys.com/sparkle/1.gif

I decree today that life

Is simply taking and not giving

England is mine - it owes me a living

But ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye

Oh, ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye ~ Morrisey/Marr

Politics is Showbusiness for ugly people ~ Jay Leno

I don't like liars, I don't like cheats. I don't like bullsh***ters. I don't like schmoozers. I don't like ar*e-lickers. ~ Sir Alan Sugar

"Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." ~ Samuel Johnson

The secret of success is the capacity to overcome failure ~ Noel Coward

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today ~ Laurence J. Peter

Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine ~ Lord Byron

Better bread with water than cake with trouble ~ Russian Proverb

There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a cup of tea ~ Bernard-Paul Heroux

Carpe Diem

Give Yourself to It ~ Sue Gadenne

Comment

Oh!! Scooby I can't begin to tell you how frustrated I am for you :angry:

What in the world do you have to do to get some justice, my blood is boiling now :angry:

You are a credit to the board, and with all your problems you always take the time to give good advice

I hope Madhatter gets whats coming to him :badmood: and soon :banghead:
                      http://www.dawnie.interwebs.co.uk/Heart1.gif

Comment

Thanks Dawnie,

I don't know about the credit to the board bit, but, I was having a natter with one of my colleagues today (who is a personnel manager) and he was telling me that sometimes we have to suffer and accept that suffering to mould and shape us into a better human being. To learn compassion and to be able to give oneself freely without looking for reward.

Its only through the form of suffering that we can become truly decent people. If we had it all good all of the time then we would become selfish and self obsessed.

I can see his point quite clearly, although it's difficult to deal with the here and now when going through the mill with things like nightmare neighbours.

I must have said this a million times before that Misty talks about karma, some call it you reap what you sow and therein it is true. I watched karma in motion three months ago and horrific as it was I realised then that - although this took 14 years to come around - you do indeed reap what you sow.

Somewhere in the not too distant future Madhatter will have to face up to what he has done (and for the better part continues to do) and the consquences will be devasting for him on the basis that he cannot tollerate stress and pain. He crumbles into a shattered mass. He self destructs to the point where he becomes a danger to himself. On the basis that we have had ten years of this, then I do see that the end is now not too far away.

Every dog has it's day and Madhatter's - just like everyone else's NFH here on this board - time is surely up.

Comment

What kind of a witness do you need, Scooby? As you know I work in your town and could drop in for a coffee if that's likely to 'hit' the offensive/offending behaviour (though busy with my wife going into hospital next Wednesday for an elective C section). Or was it to one particular (past) event? PM or e-mail me if you think I might be able to help.

On the pay-as-you-go thing, can't they just phone the number??? Then when Madhatter answers.... And surely there are records of all numbers called, and methods of payment - no good with a voucher, but I always use credit/debit cards to top up with.
                          "Poor Tom shall lead thee" (King Lear)

Comment

Gosh Scooby, I am just digesting your thread.

How frustrating!!! :angry:

Although I am in a totally different situation to you, I do sympathise with you and agree entirely with your comments about the legal process...I don't know about you, but I feel completely impotent sometimes and that's really, really frustrating.

I know that he will eventually get himself in a fix that he cannot get out of, but it's blinking awful that you still have to wait for that day and further incidents no doubt :sad: .

Words escape me, I wish I could say something to help, but I can't... You seem to be coping so ably with it all - and even have time to help others too!!!

Surely good things come to those that wait, your time will come.

Best wishes

Mazza

:nfh1:

Comment

Working...
                            X