This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're Having A Holiday From Our Nfh !

I noticed that other members are having a break from their NFH and I'm happy to report that ours has gone away too.

Isn't it such a nice feeling when they are away? The atmosphere is completely different and you can fully appreciate your own home.

The downside is that I have never slept so well and am finding it very difficult getting up in the morning .

Who else is enjoying the peace? Do you think it's a June thing?

awww im so jelaous, i wish mine would go to hell never mind a holiday but they are so tight they never go out, now again they have no friends (hmm i wonder why) and the rest of the neighbours avoid them if possible.

sallyanne

Comment

enjoy it while you can!

sallyanne

Comment

yes, we're into the second week, suddenly all the other nice neighbours come out in the sun in their gardens/patios, on their front drives washing cars and chatting, its like a cloud is lifted, i'm trying to spend as much time as possible at home during these weeks as I will be able to leave with good memories.

Comment

last year i waited all summer holiday for our NFHto s~d off on holiday, but guess what, they went the first two weeks when the kids went back to school, to get the cheaper hol i suppose, so we had the whole of the summer holiday of their obnoxious KFH's without any break.

this yr i doubt they will go anywhere seeing as the female NFH is about to have a baby (judging by the size of her) so another summer break of misery ahead i think.

they never go anywhere at the weekends either mind you why would they when they use our houses and green spaces as their personal playgrounds???

i am fed up again!! as you might surmise. big round muddy football marks all over the back of my car from them marauding like mad yesterday... evil brats goodness knows how i managed to keep my head down, but i am glad i did.

how do you all do those really funny little smilies that move and drink beer etc???? they are wicked!!!
          http://bestsmileys.com/sparkle/1.gif

I decree today that life

Is simply taking and not giving

England is mine - it owes me a living

But ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye

Oh, ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye ~ Morrisey/Marr

Politics is Showbusiness for ugly people ~ Jay Leno

I don't like liars, I don't like cheats. I don't like bullsh***ters. I don't like schmoozers. I don't like ar*e-lickers. ~ Sir Alan Sugar

"Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." ~ Samuel Johnson

The secret of success is the capacity to overcome failure ~ Noel Coward

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today ~ Laurence J. Peter

Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine ~ Lord Byron

Better bread with water than cake with trouble ~ Russian Proverb

There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a cup of tea ~ Bernard-Paul Heroux

Carpe Diem

Give Yourself to It ~ Sue Gadenne

Comment

I don't think Meercat and Duck will ever go away. They've got 4 cats and pond full of fish and no friends to feed anything or water anything! None of us would do it unless they wanted the koi fed to the cats and the plants watered with bleach. Seriously, haven't seen one single visitor to that house since they moved in. Am I surprised?

They're just the type that have absolutely NO life at all. Typical. Whatever time you come home, one of them is always there slouching about looking evil. It would be just sooo nice to think I could come back from the pub with my friends and sit and have a quiet nightcap on the patio but you just know they're out there listening.

Comment

Hi Jeannie/Annabel

hows the house hunting going? found anything yet?

Comment

Am looking at a promising one tomorrow so hopefully it could be Neo (i.e. "the one"). Had a cycle round there earlier and it looks cute as anything with a proper slate roof. It's in a tiny cul-de-sac of 4 and the most enticing fact was that there was a mobility scooter outside next door and an elderly lady weeding the flower beds. High hopes ....

Comment

hi gordy

we have seen a house we like but as it is a buyers market now we have to really get ours sold b4 putting in an offer. we have just gone multi agency after 4 weeks with our local agent (one man band, just gone on holiday so not much chance of anything happening til he gets back in early july...we cannot wait that long!!!!)

hahahaha the house we like is on a main road, with buses whizzing by!!! no chance of evil brats playing football whatsoever!!!! i will NEVER live in a cul de sac again!!! especially not one with a lovely enticing green space on it.

i meant to say to jeannie...you NFH must think he has reached the peak of his housing ladder, he reckons he has truly made it if he has put koi carp in!!!! there is no way that B*gger will s~d off and leave you all in peace. he will be fizzing with jealousy when you go....
                  http://bestsmileys.com/sparkle/1.gif

I decree today that life

Is simply taking and not giving

England is mine - it owes me a living

But ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye

Oh, ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye ~ Morrisey/Marr

Politics is Showbusiness for ugly people ~ Jay Leno

I don't like liars, I don't like cheats. I don't like bullsh***ters. I don't like schmoozers. I don't like ar*e-lickers. ~ Sir Alan Sugar

"Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." ~ Samuel Johnson

The secret of success is the capacity to overcome failure ~ Noel Coward

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today ~ Laurence J. Peter

Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine ~ Lord Byron

Better bread with water than cake with trouble ~ Russian Proverb

There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a cup of tea ~ Bernard-Paul Heroux

Carpe Diem

Give Yourself to It ~ Sue Gadenne

Comment

pleased you have got a bit of respite Holly!

make the most of your garden while *he* is away!!

good luck to A&J with the house hunting, the little cul-de-sac sounds quite charming Jeanie!

Comment

His house is bizarre anyway Annabel. The garden's are only 45 feet. His has got a 15 foot extension on the back and the rest of the garden is just a huge, square pond with the stupid bridge over it. I've seen him sort of hanging on to the fence and sidling down the edge sometimes. Never mind him moving, no-one would buy a house with a "garden" like that.

Meercat came home earlier and came haring up into the garages (next to my house) at such a rate he's left 10 feet tracks in the stone chippings where he had to slam on the brakes. Why? I mean, why? Well, it's cos he thinks that I'm in my garden and that hearing that really sudden, loud sliding crunch about 15 feet away will make me jump. Yawn bl**dy yawn.

Sad b****rd. We all know he does it so no-one cares anymore. He's just wearing out his brakes, tires and the front of his garage so who's being pathetic? Well, was pathetic myself . He was sat indoors (with his front door wide open) as I drove out. His car was parked in its usual place in front of his house and, as I approached it, I slowed the car down and then stopped, just for a few seconds. He couldn't see me cos I was behind his car. He knew I'd stopped though. Counted to two and then floored it down the road. By the time I'd got to the end he was already out of his house checking the car. Gave the impression I'd done something to it and it's a bit of a giggle knowing I'd wound him up. Two can play at the mindgames nonsense and one of us is leaving.

Comment

Main road noise/traffic I can MORE than handle. You can always install triple glazing etc, tho they reckon in these locations, houses are more difficult to sell cos of the noise - a buyers' dream come true to NFH veterans!

Was looking at a cottage the other day in rural countryside, but had been on the market for a long time because of ..... MAIN A-TRUNK ROAD NEXT TO IT YIPPPEEEE

But was out of price range never mind, something will come up i guess, am not stressed yet.

Comment

I've been thinking some more about the "Ideal Home", and the other things to add are:

- Not next to a ginnel/alleyway

- Not near a takeaway (which opens late)

- Not near a corner shop/ off licence

- Not too near a school

NFH still away. Heaven... Woke at 11.30 yesterday morning and 12.15 today - absolute heaven. Have sat in the garden both days. Heaven.

NFH's lodger is still there, but he is polite and considerate. No problems with him at all.

I am dreading next week when IT returns. Hell.

Comment

Working...
                          X