This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jedi Philosophy

OK, ok I know its only a film series and I'm not that big a fan, honestly, but I have found much of the philosophy spoken about in the Star Wars saga can be universally applied. Anyway as the films are now on TV again, perhaps now is the time to post the philosophy of the Jedi. I have found it useful to go through with a few deep breaths when the NFH are up to their worst antics. So if you've had litter thrown on your lawn, the noise has been turned up, you're having abuse hurled at you then I advise a quick run through this list BEFORE you take any action that you may regret.

I have to say that I've found the support on this board to be as great as any "force".

Print it off and keep it to hand for when you need it along with my own quotes.

Jedi Philosophy

I know that it seems that many times I repeat myself, but I cannot impart upon you the dangers of the Dark Side. Beware those who are fond of battle. Be weary of those that wield two lightsabers at once. For they are dangerously close to the precipice. Do not gaze into the abyss for you may find the abyss gazing back at you.

Anger leads to darkness. Never forget. You cannot escape your own spirit. If you choose the quick and easy path, you will become an agent of darkness. Once you start down the Dark Side, it will consume your emotions forever. A Jedi must have knowledge. Let go. To be free of the Dark Side, you must let passivity lead you away from hate. To give into the alluring pull of wrath is to give your strength over to the Dark Side. A Jedi must have commitment. To give into the quick pull of aggression is to give your life over to the Dark Side. Remember. If you do not have patience, the Dark Side will overthrow you. The Force is constant. Terror leads to anger. A Jedi uses the Force to defend and teach, never to dominate. To give into the quick pull of wrath is to give your future over to the Dark Side.

A Jedi must have balance. The Dark Side is seductive, and evil. Fear leads to evil. If you do not have understanding, the Dark Side will destroy you. If you choose the quick and alluring path, you will become an agent of wrath. You cannot escape your own life. Never forget. To be free of the Dark Side, you must let patience lead you away from aggression. If you choose the consuming and reckless path, you will become an agent of aggression. The Force binds us. It envelops us all. You must let balance lead you away from suffering. Once you start down the Dark Side, it will overthrow your future forever. If you choose the dark and evil path, you will become an agent of anger.

Here are a few quotes and ideas on how a Jedi should or shouldn't act. There are also the philosophical views of the Jedi.

A Jedi must be aware of her/his environment, but must not let it affect her/him in ways she/he does not desire.

All potential Jedi can learn from another.

Do. Or do not. There is no try.

Patience can be as strong an ally as any weapon. (My own favourite)

Even during times of peace, a Jedi Knight should never allow himself/herself to relax and grow weak.

There is no emotion; there is peace. There is no ignorance; there is knowledge. There is no passion; there is serenity. There is no death; there is the Force.

Every living thing strengthens the Force, and everything draws strength from it.

A true Jedi rarely uses a lightsaber to settle disputes. It is better to out think and outmanoeuvre your opponent.

Beware the dark side.

A Jedi could never be helpless since the Force comes from all living things.

In your fear lies caution, and in that caution lies wisdom and strength."

A Jedi fights only as a last resort. If you are forced to draw your lightsaber, you have already forfeited much of your advantage.

A Jedi trusts the Force and at first seeks other ways to resolve problems: patience, logic, tolerance, attentive listening, negotiation, persuasion, and calming techniques.

There are times when a Jedi must fight.

A Jedi should use all available skills and resources.

A Jedi must act when she or his is calm, at peace with the Force.

A Jedi can wait as long as necessary.

Your eyes can deceive you; don't trust them.

Don't centre on your fears. Concentrate on the here and now.

If you choose the quick and easy path, you will become an agent of evil.

Don't centre on your anxiety.

Keep your concentration here and now where it belongs.

Be mindful of the future, but not at the expense of the moment.

Be mindful of The Living Force.

The Force will guide us.

Concentrate on the moment. Feel. Don't think. Use your instincts.

Nothing happens by accident.

Your focus determines your reality.

Quiet your mind.

Don't focus on the negative.

Don't give in to hate. That leads to the dark side.

To be a Jedi, you must confront and then go beyond the dark side.

(To the the Dark Side) Your overconfidence will be your undoing.
    Now, these creatures are bringers of death and misery. They will never eat, they will never sleep, and they will never stop.

We are part of an ancient secret society. For three thousand years we have guarded the Cities and Towns. We are sworn at manhood to do any and all in our power to stop the NFH from ever being reborn into this world.

So what's the plan?

Rescue the damsel in distress, stop the bad guys, save the world.

As Darth Vader once said to Luke Skywalker: "I know what you're getting for Christmas. I have felt your presence".

Written down, the laws read along the lines of Buddhism. I am also wondering whether this new "cult" that Madonna et al have joined is, in fact, Jedi Philosophy?? It's not as daft as it may seem. I remember hearing that so many people put their religion down as "Jedi Knight" at the last Census that it had to be considered as a serious option.

Comment

What's a "man" thing April?

Not the Force, surely??

My Dad took me to see Star Wars when I was 7, and I was so excited. I have seen all the films and still go with my dad almost 30 years later.

Princess Leia had the force within her and she wer a lass...if its alreet wi her, its alreet wi me.

Comment

Apology accepted April!

Loved the films. The first one was amazing. At the age of seven, I truly believed everything in the film, that it was all real - in fact, if I'm honest I still do. They're all up there you know with their light sabres fighting good and evil on our behalf.

Comment

Eurgh...

That last post put me onto 666... so just have to post here again and say that the good side will overcome the dark side. We need to keep our wits about us.

(Falling into Gollum talk there.)

I will soon be on 667 and the good will have overcome.

Comment

good job your 666 post came just in to 14th june....as the 13th was a friday!!!

Comment

Working...
            X