X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Chat is ready!

Hi all,

The New Chat program is ready to use.

Click the 'live chat' link above on the menu (to the right of 'radio') to start the chat, you then log in with your existing forum user name and password.

No guests are allowed in chat, only forum members can access it. So, every new forum member in the future and existing forum member can log in using the same password/username as they do for their forum account. Certainly makes life easier anyway!

(You cannot create another username for chat, it uses the same details as your current forum account).

Have a fiddle around with it and let me know if you have any problems, you should find it very fast after it has initially loaded up

At the moment the chat opens in a new window - we can alter the settings so the chat window starts in the page ('docked') - what are people's preferences (if any) for this?

Happy Chatting!

It's fantastic Matthew.

Well done a huge improvement.

Comment

I clicked it and got a window with a grey square in it. Nothing happened

Misty
      "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

That happened to me too Misty.

Then I tried again after a bit and it came up no problems.

Matthew said that there may be a Java problem on my computer and to go to the section on the main site - then click for chat - go to the button under there for Java (? I think?!) and click there for something.

I didn't have to do that as mine sorted itself out. Try your again and if there's still a problem, then follow my gobbledegook in the previous paragraph.

Good luck!

Comment

Ok, my last post doesn't seem to be here now, I expect it will appear later

I tried again and this time I got the log in, so I put in my name and password but it said one or other of them are invalid.

Misty
          "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Matthew, I don't know if it is possible, but is there any way of getting the chat program to remember your user name and password (as in a quick login)?

My user name is so long it takes ages to type in and I always spell it wrong, too many L's and I get muddled up?

Misty>> just seen your last post - have you used the full user name and password that you use to log in to the board? Don't use the ones that you used to access the "old" chat.

Comment

Holly - Looking into that, good idea.

Misty - From the Chat Help, hope it helps :

Live Chat Help

If you are running a version of a Microsoft Windows™ and see only a broken link icon, you will need to download a copy of the Java™ Virtual Machine in order to run our application. You may download Java™ Support for your browser from one of the following links below:

* Microsoft Virtual Machine (for MSIE)

* Sun Java™ Plugin (for Netscape, Opera, MSIE, etc..)

Older versions of Netscape (on certain platforms) such as v4.08, and v4.7x may not run the software. We strongly recommend upgrading to a newer version of Netscape (v6.xx or better) if this is the case. Certain browsers running on Macintosh platforms are not capable of running our software due to problems outside of our control. As WebTV does not support Java™, WebTV users will not be able to access the live chat rooms.

Users behind firewalls may need to inform their local IT/network administrator to allow TCP connections on ports 9000-9009 at client.invisionchat.com.

AOL Members: Some users have reported that the built-in AOL browser has difficulty connecting to our service, or does not load colors/emoticons properly. To resolve this, minimize your AOL connection, and use the Internet Explorer browser that came with your computer to access our chat rooms.[/b]

Comment

Thank you holly D'uh, I feel quite silly I was using the old chat id and password

Hope to see you all tonight

Misty

Comment

Hope you can make it Misty Glad you can get in! Don't feel silly, it's not so obvious!

Comment

Quick Update:

Holly was asking if it's possible to avoid having to login to the chat program again after logging into the forum. For now we will have to login to the chat again seperately (so dig out those forum passwords! If you've forgotten them you can retrieve lost passwords.

There is an update coming soon to give us the ability to do this (auto login to chat), so it will happen quite quickly. Also, there will be an update where we can also see who is in chat/how many users chatting before you actually go in.

Comment

Working...
                    X