This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many types of NFH

There are probably almost as many different types as there are nfh.

Here are some rough and very basic ideas.

The control freak. They must be in control. If you do not allow them to control you, they will become your nfh, in order to teach you a lesson.

The mentally ill. Sadly, some nfh are mentally ill. Unless you have lived, as I have, in a block of flats where one or two people suffering from diagnosed mental health problems were placed in "Care in the Community" (sic) then you have no idea of how destructive this is to the mental health of the neighbours. (I was put on Seroxat as a direct result.) After several weeks of being woken up at 2 or 3 am by her neighbour literally kicking her door, for such odd reasons as: demanding if she knew what the time was or if she had change for a twopenny bit, a young mum broke down and went to live with her parents. The Housing Association would do nothing for their other tenants, as his social worker blocked all moves to have him evicted. :cry:

The personality disorder. Unable to relate to other people. For example, he genuinely can't see why you do not want to listen to his choice of music all day, every day.

The world owes me a living. They want it their way. And if they do not get it, their neighbours suffer.

Greed. There are some instances when a nfh is using bad behaviour as a technique to get someone to move. Then they, or a relation, can get your house. Well, can't set a high price, can you? Not with those $££$ing neighbours. :banghead:

Wanting to fit in. Some people will catch hold of a bully's coat tails in order to fit in. If Big Mel or Tiny Fred are the "in people" on the estate or the close, then the wannabes will do what it takes to get in with them. Including bullying people.

Why not add some more to this list of how many different types of nfh there are?

Neighboured, I would add the out and out jealous types, the ones whoprobably have quite a similar income and lifestyle to you, but want to make out that they are better off, so they act in petty ways to undermine you and make themselves out to be better ones. a sort of keeping up with the jones's syndrome.

:blink:
    http://bestsmileys.com/sparkle/1.gif

I decree today that life

Is simply taking and not giving

England is mine - it owes me a living

But ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye

Oh, ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye ~ Morrisey/Marr

Politics is Showbusiness for ugly people ~ Jay Leno

I don't like liars, I don't like cheats. I don't like bullsh***ters. I don't like schmoozers. I don't like ar*e-lickers. ~ Sir Alan Sugar

"Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." ~ Samuel Johnson

The secret of success is the capacity to overcome failure ~ Noel Coward

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today ~ Laurence J. Peter

Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine ~ Lord Byron

Better bread with water than cake with trouble ~ Russian Proverb

There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a cup of tea ~ Bernard-Paul Heroux

Carpe Diem

Give Yourself to It ~ Sue Gadenne

Comment

Yes. Jealous people can be nfh. Jealously is ugly, isn't it?

And yep, Janee's Gang of the Great Unwashed certainly seems to have enough defects to keep a team of pyschologists busy for years! :lol:

Comment

Janee's Gang of the Great Unwashed

Excellent!! :hihi:

Comment

Neighboured,

that's really clever - I do think you've just about summed it up! Anything else would be sub-types really. :notworthy:

I will mull it over !

Comment

"Oh but Janee, you must admit it, her house is spotless"

And that was the only thing she could think of in her defence??? Oh. That's sad! :lol:

Comment

Janee, I am not allowed to do the ironing! Once, when I went out to an important event my then girlfriend (now my partner) said: "I do wish you'd have taken the time to iron your shirt!"

When I said in hurt tones: "but I did iron my shirt!" She said: "Oh, my god! Then, please, never iron anything ever again!"

Comment

I don't really know how to classify my NFH.

Mostly they are single with failed relationships and hordes of kids. I really don't know why they have the kids because they kick them out to annoy other people and then get all 'upset' if you dare to tell them their kids are causing trouble. They swap partners like some would swap recipes, have another kid, kick out partner, get another, have a kid......and on and on.

Self restraint is anathema to them. They have endless raucous parties, especially in summer and take over the green/close with thier kids paddling pools and toys. They rely on the taxpayer to fund their lifestyles and social services to provide them with clothes and their kids with toys. Well, they need their income support and child benefit to pay for their drugs and booze!!!

Misty
                "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

:P

Now then now then whats going on here? tut tut not doing your ironing tut tut tut... :lol:

i am a slave to my ironing board and my hubby does all his own clothes. he has the best pressed overalls in his workplace, bless him. in fact he probably is the ONLY one wearing ironed overalls...even more bless! :hihi: :hihi:

i iron everything except pants and socks, even my teatowels get done.

i used to take my stuff to a shop to get ironed, but it got too expensive and i wasnt that happy with the results.... :unsure:

there are of course certain things one doesnt need to iron, which i dont bother with, but ,i think clothes sit better if they have been properly ironed. especially shirts and denim stuff, as it tends to bunch up.

some people say if you fold up your clothes as soon as you get them out of the dryer they are as good as ironed, but that doesnt cut it for me....

im just fussy!!! :thumbs:

p..s. i wouldnt mind one of your ironing boards janee they sound excellent!

I decree today that life

I don't like liars, I don't like cheats. I don't like bullsh***ters. I don't like schmoozers. I don't like ar*e-lickers. ~ Sir Alan Sugar

"Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." ~ Samuel Johnson

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today ~ Laurence J. Peter

There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a cup of tea ~ Bernard-Paul Heroux

Carpe Diem

Comment

Shes a smarty pants isnt she!!!!! :P what can you do , she is nearly a teenager, nightmare!

sit her down in front of the telly tonite, channel 4, 8.30 p.m. 'how clean is your house'...tonite it is someone who hasnt cleaned her house for 14 yrs...he he i wonder what she will make of it???!!!! :hihi: :hihi:

i will freely admit i am a housework addict. i love it! i should be on the telly with kim and aggie, i would love it!!!

anyway we are well off topic here!

I decree today that life

Carpe Diem

Comment

No, Annabel!
                      some people say if you fold up your clothes as soon as you get them out of the dryer they are as good as ironed, but that doesnt cut it for me....

That's wrong! You have to hang them up, or you get creases!

Then you can fold them when cool. -That's how I got away with not ironing shirts when living by myself. :lol:

Comment

Ironing board? What's one of them?? :blink:

I think I have an iron, but haven't seen it for a good many years... :hihi:

Talk about way off topic - ooops!! :lol: B)

Comment

Working...
                        X