X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do YOUR

Is there some traits that are common to all nfh? I'll start with some:

If they have wind chimes, are they always the cheap and tacky untuned type that make a vile racket in the slightest breeze?

Do they fail to understand the concept of property? And "borrow" things from their neighbour's gardens? (I saw an episode on CSI some time ago about a NFH who kept borrowing from neighbours. Of course, as it was CSI, his behaviour reulted in murder.

Anyone else got any common nfh traits? Stupidity is, I think, a given! :hihi:

how about strutting around the estate acting as though they own the place?
    http://bestsmileys.com/sparkle/1.gif

I decree today that life

Is simply taking and not giving

England is mine - it owes me a living

But ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye

Oh, ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye ~ Morrisey/Marr

Politics is Showbusiness for ugly people ~ Jay Leno

I don't like liars, I don't like cheats. I don't like bullsh***ters. I don't like schmoozers. I don't like ar*e-lickers. ~ Sir Alan Sugar

"Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." ~ Samuel Johnson

The secret of success is the capacity to overcome failure ~ Noel Coward

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today ~ Laurence J. Peter

Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine ~ Lord Byron

Better bread with water than cake with trouble ~ Russian Proverb

There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a cup of tea ~ Bernard-Paul Heroux

Carpe Diem

Give Yourself to It ~ Sue Gadenne

Comment

what dont they do???!!! :lol:

we started a book on the main page, if any one wants to add to it you are more than welcome!

NFH manual!

I remember both of ours, did the same kinda things

rubbish everywhere

noise-music

arguements

dodgey cars

shouting not talking

lies

washing on the line for weeks

not taking bins out, and then not bringing them back in

sheets attached to the windows instead of curtains

blimey....its all coming flooding back now!! :lol:

Comment

Yep, plenty of pages at the 'NFH Definitive Manual' as Beth says, more always welcome!

Comment

Perhaps it's a Yorkshire thing, but mine too:

- Washing on the line for weeks

- Never leaving the bin for collection

Also:

- Drives like a maniac

- Leaves empty bottles out in the garden

- Running thuds up and down the stairs (non-stop sometimes)

- Can't just switch a light on or off, has to press the switch about ten times :blink:

- Has "friends" who are all plonkas

:blink:

Comment

Face chewing a wasp - definitely! :lol:

Struts about as if owns the estate - certainly.

Two faced - completely. :huh:

Complains to all and sundry about the most trivial thing, yet it's ok for THEM to flout the rules.

oooh, now I've got all irated! :frown:

Comment

:blink: Washing on the line for weeks!!!!!

Mrs Bolshie is shocked, being the Queen of Washing :hihi:

Love the sucking a wasp analogy - :lol: :lol: :lol:

My NFH seem to have trained their dog to do it's business in everyone else's gardens but their own.

And, my particular favourite :badmood: if I have my (very small) grandchildren round, come out of their house and start 'shouted speaking' (a common trait with NFH I think) using language even I've never heard of - so it must be bad!
              BE BOLSHY - RECLAIM YOUR GARDEN!

Comment

How about....

....thinks that the entire universe revolves around them, and that everyone is sooo interested in their sad lives.

....always manages to park their cars in the most inconvienient place possible (even when the rest of the street is empty)

....has a complete inability to erect a simply fence without completely messing it up.

....has a radar that can detect exactly when you are about to leave or arrive at your house :sad:

....manages to have acquired a taste in music that is the exact opposite of yours (and then proceeds to play it LOUDLY at really uncomfortable times).

....has pets, but has no idea how to take care of or be responsible for them :angry:

....has a frightening, yet strangely facinating unfashionable taste in clothes 8-X

....fixes their cars outside the front of their house every Sunday @ 7am

....has completely inept personal skills :huh:

....has no concept of privacy or an understanding that other people have feelings too.

Blue Cow

Comment

blue cow, you just about summed up my old NFH down to a tee!!! (except mine didnt build fences or play loud music , mercy me!) everything else is spot on!

my nfh used to have no nets on their house and as their bathroom is at the front of their house we routinely used to get an eyeful of them in the buff either having a shower or on the lav!

even to this day i cannot believe they didnt realise they could be seen as clear as day in there. :blink: :blush:

ah well, the teenage lad next door to me used to enjoy it!!! (criiiiinnnggge) 8-X 8-X
                  http://bestsmileys.com/sparkle/1.gif

I decree today that life

Is simply taking and not giving

England is mine - it owes me a living

But ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye

Oh, ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye ~ Morrisey/Marr

Politics is Showbusiness for ugly people ~ Jay Leno

I don't like liars, I don't like cheats. I don't like bullsh***ters. I don't like schmoozers. I don't like ar*e-lickers. ~ Sir Alan Sugar

"Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." ~ Samuel Johnson

The secret of success is the capacity to overcome failure ~ Noel Coward

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today ~ Laurence J. Peter

Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine ~ Lord Byron

Better bread with water than cake with trouble ~ Russian Proverb

There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a cup of tea ~ Bernard-Paul Heroux

Carpe Diem

Give Yourself to It ~ Sue Gadenne

Comment

we routinely used to get an eyeful of them in the buff either having a shower or on the lav!

Annabel - euuww!!!!!!! Fortunately I was never subjected to that little treat - mercy me!!

The fence thing was quite funny - he started putting up a trellis fence panel in the back garden (which you could completely see through of course) and halfway through, realised that he'd actually have to do some work as he was having problems getting the post to stand up on its own accord.

So....rather than attempt to fix it properly, he choose to tie it to another post with string, so it used to flap. It took him all day to erect it, and throughout the day exposed us to various states of undress

We'd already resigned ourselves to moving by this stage, and so could appreciate the funny side.

Comment

Coo! I bet that made you feel like :sicky:

Comment

Mine too walks with a strut.

O A P with a much younger wifette

Has a general hate for people being happy and getting on with their life

Feels he has the right to control others and be a regular pain in the ****

Does that fit the bill?

:lol:

Maria

Comment

Sounds typical.

Comment

I was thinking about Neighboured's mention of windchimes. I've lived places where people have had highly wind-sensitive windchimes, yet in other ways have been the most quiet and pleasant of neighbors. It kind of surprised me, as I would think windchimes would be a tipoff of territory as a clue. Windchimes easily go beyond a neighbor's own property. They may sound nice to one person but to someone next door it can be another irritation. Luckily I am somewhat immune to that noise, but I know friends that absolutely hate them.

Comment

my mum had to change the angle of her pond fountian as her neighbour, whos a very nice lady complained

to me the sound of tinkly water is one of the best in the world, it can be very realxing

same with wind chimes, I guess wind chimes can be unpredicatble, thats the problem, can be still or tinkly or if you have a large gust of wind, annoying

Comment

Working...
                              X