This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neighbours

Okay, so I'm back - well for a bit anyway, just that interlude away sorting out the job and trying to get on with life.

But having put my head back round the door of NFH.org the situation just does not get any better.

I suppose in many respects in my early days on here I had the shock factor when something and someone new posted their tales of woe, then that sort of gave way to a feeling of resignation and the general pattern of NFH behaviour in Britain and I then sat here thinking oh here we go again, the NFH school of nasty tactics.

Well, having just gone through one or two postings here tonight I have to say the shock factor is back in full swing for me, because although Madhatter has calmed down a bit (from October to the end of February all is quiet at the house that Jack built, then come March it explodes again - hence the term Madhatter), I am begining to sometimes wonder that in comparisson to some of the stories on here that Madhatter isn't actually too bad after all. Okay yes he's caused us some serious problems for sure, but thankfully we don't have a noise problem with him which I consider to be more intrusive.

I don't ever foresee a day when any Government, either in power now or successive ones actually get to grips with this problem and deal with it.

The 1997 Protection From Harassment Act was primarily aimed at stalkers and STILL there is NOT enough powers to deal with them either. We have lax laws that the perpetrators lawyers can use and abuse along with the Human Rights Act that leaves the victims high and dry and the criminals walking around laughing at the very system that is supposed to protect us - the victims.

Do I advocate tougher sentences ? Undeniably, yes of course I do. But the prisons are full to capacity. CPS are chucking cases out of the door citing not enough evidence - even though there is a mountain of it that would sink these toads in court. Then on the same token the CPS are then wasting time pursuing cases that clearly have no merit. Today I read with disbelief that the CPS wasted £700,000 (seven hundred thousand pounds) just on an internal investigation to see if they were racist or not.

Is it me or has the country gone barking mad ? Money is being thrown to these quango organisations to investigate whether or not they are polically correct or not who then conclude what the rest of us already knew in the first place instead of doing something both good and worthwhile with the money in making others lives better.

This country treads a very fine line between bringing in laws that are restrictive and open to accusations of a being too tough, but on the other hand we need far tougher far more reaching laws to protect the victims of crime regardless of circumstances.

This country needs to stop throwing money at the Legal Aid system to allow these criminals to challenge their cases on their time served. If the judge at the trial states a tariff to be served it should be served regardless. Unless there is a clear case of a miscarriage of justice then the sentence is as read. This would then free up the courts and the judicial process for allowing other cases to be heard.

I am part of the hang em and flog em brigade, I make no bones nor apologies for that. I am sick to my back teeth of these NFH getting away with crimes that affect the decent people in society. Its high time those in power woke up, sat up and took action. Then and only then can law and order be fully restored to this country and the majority of law abiding citizens can finally breathe a sigh of relief.

Scooby

Great post and you have writtn what so many people think. With you all the way.

Am not sure if noise is the worse thing. We somehow coped with that for 2 years. It was the verbal abuse we found and still find to be so bad.

BUT, just realised. I said we coped with the noise. We should not bl**dy well have to cope with it. It shouldn't be allowed to happen.

John
    "You have to be the change you wish to see in the world"

Comment

Very well said Scoobs

To be honest I think there should be alternatives to prison for some non-violent offences. I mean what is the point of locking people up because they haven't got a tv licence and can't (or won't) pay the fines. Couldn't they find some other sort of punishment? Cleaning the streets or cleaning up grafitti, something along those lines.

The legal aid system is a farce! Ok, getting legal representation can be costly but at least make them pay something towards it! As for that investigation about racism, what a waste of money! Yes, there are racists in every stratum of society but I think the population of this country is a lot less racist than it's made out to be and certainly a lot less than some other countries. But education is the answer. I've said before there are certain vested interest within the race relations industry who will stir up discontent merely to justify their own existence (and large pay packets).

Whatever way you look at it there is very little support for victims and a whole industry with seemingly limitless funds supporting the criminal justice system and the criminals they deal with.

The police can't protect us and we're not allowed to protect ourselves we have been brainwashed into becoming victims. If some of these little yobs thought they might get a good hiding from one of their victims or from the community in which they live I think they'd think twice about the things they do. But they know darn well that if anybody stands up to them or offers them retribution they'll just go crying to the police who take their side.

Maybe I'll vote for the Monster Raving Loony Party next time :P

Misty
      "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Before I moved I used to drink in a rather plush hotel. No, I don't know how I ended up drinking in such a nice place, either! :lol:

It was frequented by all sorts of interesting people from a wide area. We'd get men wearing plus fours coming in with their gun dogs after a days shoot, local businessmen and women would discuss deals and... oh, yes. The local solicotors would come in to chat about cases with their mates in the polce force. (Enemies in the court, mates in the pub, which I found nice)

I was friendly with one of them through a mutual friend, so we got chatting as a group. The local solicitors and police had a name for the CPS. They called it the Clown Proscution Service.

There was one tale of how a CPS lawyer buttonholed a defence lawyer outside the doors of the court. "We are not going to continue with the case. I don't feel that the evidence we have is terribly strong. The police have let us down."

The defence lawyer merely nodded and they headed into the court.

However, after the case was withdrawn and the defendent declared not guilty as a result, the defence lawyer said to the CPS lawyer: "The police did not let you down. My client was caught bang to rights. In fact he was going to plead guilty. Just what kind of standard of evidence do you want?"

Good point, that. Exactly what kind of standard of evidence DO they want? :rant:

Comment

Does anyone else think we are seeing the result of all the liberal wooly headed thinking that went on in the 70's, was stamped on a bit by Thatcher and is now back with a vengeance under this govt?

when i was at school i could count on one hand the number of kids who had both parents at home, still living/married to each other. i truly believe it is because of the breakdown of the family and extended family that has caused this 'me me me' attitude in society and the belief that 'england is mine and it owes me a living' rather than 'do not ask what your country can do for you; instead ask what YOU can do for your country'.

why are people constantly looking for someone else to take responsibility for their actions, to put blame and justify appalling actions on the council, the govt, education system etc etc.???? i believe it is because it is what they have been learned early on in life, and until the tied is turned and this attitude eradicated, matters will only get worse.

:badmood:
          http://bestsmileys.com/sparkle/1.gif

I decree today that life

Is simply taking and not giving

England is mine - it owes me a living

But ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye

Oh, ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye ~ Morrisey/Marr

Politics is Showbusiness for ugly people ~ Jay Leno

I don't like liars, I don't like cheats. I don't like bullsh***ters. I don't like schmoozers. I don't like ar*e-lickers. ~ Sir Alan Sugar

"Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." ~ Samuel Johnson

The secret of success is the capacity to overcome failure ~ Noel Coward

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today ~ Laurence J. Peter

Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine ~ Lord Byron

Better bread with water than cake with trouble ~ Russian Proverb

There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a cup of tea ~ Bernard-Paul Heroux

Carpe Diem

Give Yourself to It ~ Sue Gadenne

Comment

I agree, I agree, I agree!!!

Scooby - again, dead right and so eminently sensible - far too blimmin sensible for the regime we find ourselves under now .

Things just seem to have gone too far in the direction of the perpetrators now and I also don't see it ever really changing - not whilst the PC brigade are in charge!!

Misty - spot on, you state things in such a way that I am yelling 'you are so right!!!' at my computer. It is so right what you say about the criminals getting so much support and the victims practically nothing. I also love the bit about if a yobbo was just allowed to be clobbered by an 'ordinary joe' just for once, it would probably stop how many others from thinking they can get away with it. They know they can get away with it, so they do these despicable things :frown: .

Even if we all went out and committed murder tomorrow - what exactly would happen to us? And so what if we were sent to prison? We'd be out in a mere few years - and be coming out much healthier, better trained and also wiser to even more criminal activites & scams, never mind all the illicit drugs...Somehow, I don't think that prison is the deterrent that it used to be .

It's about time that things were turned on their heads and we stopped mucking about, worrying about the poor little darlings and their 'rehabilitation'. It obviously isn't working and never will. In the meantime, society is seeing a plague and epidemic of yobbo, anti-social, extreme selfish, insular behaviour which I can not ever see improving without going back to a bit of the Hang 'em and Flog 'em school Scooby mentions.

It is also about time that every member of society is made to be responsible for their own actions instead of blaming every authority going and using it as an excuse for bad behaviour.

Even if you put anti-social people in a beautiful new-build property, they will still trash it and blame the Council for putting them there citing 'I never wanted to live there in the first place' as if it justifies their behaviour! Why didn't they get off their butts in the first place, get a job, earn the money to buy or rent a place where they wanted to live in the first place?? You can't tell them this - it's not PC and it's actually discriminatory! This is the mentality we desperately need to eradicate from our culture.

I do believe that Janee said once that she had asylum seekers living next to her and they were the most decent and polite people to have as neighbours. I am not surprised at all to hear this - they come from a different culture where you have to work hard for anything, or where opportunites that we take for granted and complain about don't even exist in their countries.

We do say 'Welcome to the Forum...I am sorry you had to find us here, but glad that you are here now'.

I am actually truly sorry that anyone does end up here, as it is yet another poor unfortunate victim of the current state of society. And yes, it is shocking each time a new post comes up - I am still shocked at the scale of it all after over 500 posts! And this is just the tip of the iceberg :sad: .

Scooby, your post is so right and something that need to be aired. Yet it is also so depressing in that we all can see what the problems are and how we'd like them to be dealt with, yet nobody in the positions of power seems to be prepared to sort it out to any satisfactory conclusion.

Perhaps, in time we here can become a stronger, more powerful voice and exert influence on ''those that matter''. I won't be holding my breath for a quick fix though! :banghead:

Mazza

:nfh1:

Comment

Working...
            X