Not good news

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not good news

Hallo to you all.

I haven't worked for a good few weeks now, in fact haven't done anything much. Only just coming out of a great big dark pit now.

We had to put two of our dogs down. The first and second dogs I ever owned. The second was put down a week a day and an hour after the first. A vicious irony I don't appreciate. Awful, truly awful heartbreaking and very very sad. The end of their lives, their lives with us and a whole era.

__________________________________________________ ______

I'm drawing a line on purpose as talking about it too much will bring on tears yet again, and I and my partner have cried three rivers.

We also found we had mice in the house and had to take steps to get rid of them which hopefully we think we have. Plus last week I found I had Chicken Pox, obviously caught me when my immune system was open to anything.

Oh and part of a tooth broke on holiday, had a temporary filling put in which promptly fell out the same day. Changing dentist I find I have to wait four weeks for the first appointment, which will only be a check up - it's another wait for treatment, so I made another appointment at the same time.

One thing after another you might say.

Sorry to post such a flat mail, but it's just a catch up to let you know what's going on.

Not good times

We are all here to listen.

I'm so sorry about your dogs - I'm very much a dog person so I know how hard it is when a 'member of the family' is lost.

Howard:"You wanna be careful, before you know it you'll wake up in a bush singing songs about brooms"

Vince:"You don't know anything about me. Do you know anything about me?"

Howard:"I know...of you"

Vince:"Yeah, well, if you knew me you'd know that I don't sing songs about brooms...I sing songs about love...

Lovely lady with the eye

Lovely lady with the eye

You've only got one but it's a good one

Lovely lady with the eye, the eye, the eye, the eye, the eye

coming forward on a string, thats not normal, urgh

Yeah! I'm in a band..."

Hi Spinks, I'm glad you came on and posted, like FF says we're all here to listen.

I'm so sorry to hear your bad news about the dogs They are your family too your pets, I understand how you must feel now.

Take things back to normality when you can, little by little, often things block up on each other like this, just take care of all of you though too.

Hi Spinky,

I'm so sorry about your pets, your family Something similar happened to me, or rather three of my dogs, a few years ago. Heartbreaking

Also sorry to hear about your other problems. What a time you've had this year! But, although it doesn't seem like it, it will pass and something good will come along The scars will remain but the wounds will heal

I think of life as a wheel of fortune, it stops on bad things, but it carries on turning and one day it will stop on something good. Well, it get's me through bad times

Hope things start to get better for you soon, I'll think some positive thoughts for you Take care

"Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Hi Spinky

I'm so sorry to hear you've lost two of your dogs, and so close to each other's heartbreaking to lose pets, especially when you've been owned by them for years . The hurting will fade, but takes some time, to be able to think about all the good memories. Take care of each other.

All the other things just compound the losses you've suffered. I hope you've got plenty of calamine lotion, I went thru' gallons of the stuff when I had chicken pox. Scarred for life by it, so try not to scratch

I hope the next twelve months holds better things for you

So sorry to hear all this. We lost 2 dogs in 2 years and it is something we will never forget. J and I ached for weeks inside when they died. We've got Bill now, a daft lurcher. Can't be without a dog but he in no way replaced the others. He's just clumsy, soft Bill!.

Take care of yourself.

"You have to be the change you wish to see in the world"

Hi Spinks - nice to 'meet' you

I won't talk about the dogs, rest assured I know how it feels - I still have the dates etched on my brain that my dogs were put down too (over two decades ago now :cry: ).

Please take good care of yourself - eat well and dringk plenty of orange juice and plain water - having chicken pox as an adult is atrocious - I really feel for you.

Sitting in a bath with dilute savlon liquid (or dettol/similar, whichever) will really help if you have loads of spots. And they do get EVERYWHERE... .

It will take you a while to feel better - take it easy and give yourself a chance to recover.

Best wishes

Aw, Spinky

What a sad and awful time you've been having lately , sorry to hear about your loss .

You really haven't been having it easy at all, and when you're at that point it can seem really, really bad. But you must remember that we have to know bad times so that we know when things are good.

The good times (or easier times) are there, you just have to go on a little journey to reach them.

Sending you lots of happy, positive, get better thoughts .

Take care of yourselves chuckies :flowers: :clover: :flowers: .

forgot to say - Don't pick the scabs!!!!! Under any circumstances!!! You'll get scars like I did if you do .

Hi, this is sad, but we are here for you. :flowers:

Hi Spinkysay,

I'm so sorry to hear about your dogs. It's truly awful and so so sad and anyone who's lost a much loved pet knows what you are going through. Dogs are such wonderful friends and they are so selfless and giving. I hope that you will soon find some peace.

Mice are a pain. We used to have them in our old house (after we had heating installed) and we just seemed to not be able to get rid of them. I started by laying the humane traps etc, but in the end they didn't work and we had to resort to proper traps and poison which did finally work. It's just one more thing that's been thrown at you, and it's not what you need on top of everything else.

Just a little note on your dentist, you should call your previous dentist and find out what they used with the first filling as it will help your new dentist to sort what they need to do for you (to avoid a repeat performance).

I really hope that you turn a corner soon and things start to look a little brighter.

Take care

Blue Cow

Mice are a pain.

I've not seen hide nor hair of the mice in our house since Molly (the vicious cat) joined us. I think she scared them all away, (almost scared me away ) except for the one she caught

Still thinking of you Spinks

"Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

hi spinks

nice to hear from you, although I am really sorry its with unhappy news

hope things pick up for you soon, let us know how things are, you know where we are

I've just logged on to read all your messages and words of hope.

I've read them all three times now. Thank you for taking the trouble to send those words, they mean a lot.

Hopefully I'll come back tomorrow and answer a few comments.

Bye for now.

Hi Spinks, come on when you can, you know we're open and firing on all cylinders 24/7 - it is nice to see you though, despite your bad news. Hope things are in the process of returning to some normality, although it'll never be the same without the dogs, things move on slowly eh.