X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retreats

OK

I'm new to all this( Lucky me) I have read many of the articles written here and my personal experiences pale into insignificance compared to those of many members.

(Lucky Lucky me)

However if someone had told me that this kind of nuisance can become so debilatating I would have laughed outloud. (nowadays very quietly)

I find it hard to believe that it can be a totally life changing problem I'm lucky I have a lot of good people around me and I do have the possability of moving

So whats my boggle after months of enduring noise from next door most of it from screaming kids and loud music I got so wound up I could not sleep even if it was quiet I would anticipate the next intrussion I Knew my sleep pattern will be interrupted at some stage in the early morning I was continually waiting for the noise level to shoot up to a crescendo from next door during the day or evening

So I decided to take one days break at a bed and break just one day away from the constant threat of noise just one day to regroup-- BAD move the place we went to was worse than the place we live in so. after a long and weary 36 hour's we returned home..

Nothing new there then

Remember I said I have the opertunity to move----- I'M moving

So what's the point of this Post

How many like minded people on this Website Would cherrish the possability of a short break with a guarantee of being in the company of like minded refugees from noise, people who would not turn up the music to annoying levels. Slam the doors have drunken arguements outside your window. set light to your cars - Empathetic souls under one triple glazed detached property.

I'm thinking of setting up small guest house. because I want a little peace and I want to share it. maybe a few people could get together and startup similar ventures

This is a wonderful website where much usefull and valuable information is exchanged and advise and encouragement is given

The idea of getting people together is hugely important. maybe it can be taken a step further and still further

Dave

Thanks Hadenough

What a powerful Orwellian quote about revenge I can really identify with it

Awesome

Dave

Comment

Hi Dave and welcome to the Forum

Glad to hear that you're moving away from your noisy neighbours soon.

You're spot on with the noise stuff. That's the problem with noise that you have no control over isn't it? You never know when it's going to happen, how long it's going to last for, whether the volume will increase or decrease.... the list goes on . Members have often said it's like a form of torture. It can drain you both physically and emotionally.

You're right in saying that it's good to get away from the noise nuisance and your neighbour(s) from hell (NFH) as often as you can, just to recharge your batteries - althought then it's often difficult to psyche yourself up to return to your own home (which is a ridiculous thing to have to feel).

I think it would be a great idea to have a NFH-free retreat , so wish you all the very best with such a venture.

:ban: :thumbs: Holly .

Comment

A great idea, go for it.

GG. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Comment

Sorry to slip in an off topic comment but I saw hadenough's contribution above with the George Orwell quote. To my mind George Orwell is one of the greatest ever English (tough word for a Welshman) authors of all time. Perhaps this is a topic for somewhere else

Comment

Dave .. sounds like a fantastic idea.

I'd buy a remote farmhouse set in lovely countryside (if I could afford it) and you would all be welcome to stay.

FF
            Howard:"You wanna be careful, before you know it you'll wake up in a bush singing songs about brooms"

Vince:"You don't know anything about me. Do you know anything about me?"

Howard:"I know...of you"

Vince:"Yeah, well, if you knew me you'd know that I don't sing songs about brooms...I sing songs about love...

Lovely lady with the eye

Lovely lady with the eye

You've only got one but it's a good one

Lovely lady with the eye, the eye, the eye, the eye, the eye

coming forward on a string, thats not normal, urgh

Yeah! I'm in a band..."

Comment

Hi Rusty

Your idea sounds great, what wouldnt we all give to be able to have a lovely little B&b somewhere scenic and tranquil?? except im not that good at early starts and the thought of cooking up bacon and eggs at the crack of dawn makes me feel a bit 8-X

i wouldnt have a problem with the bed making and cleaning though, i love housework!!! really, i do !!!

anyway, is your house on the market then? i also moved (mostly) because of my NFH, but only recently so i still cant believe i did it really... B)

also, off topic, i agree with eskander, george orwell is excellent, and i think down and out in paris and london is an amazing 'story', everyone should read it.
              http://bestsmileys.com/sparkle/1.gif

I decree today that life

Is simply taking and not giving

England is mine - it owes me a living

But ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye

Oh, ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye ~ Morrisey/Marr

Politics is Showbusiness for ugly people ~ Jay Leno

I don't like liars, I don't like cheats. I don't like bullsh***ters. I don't like schmoozers. I don't like ar*e-lickers. ~ Sir Alan Sugar

"Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." ~ Samuel Johnson

The secret of success is the capacity to overcome failure ~ Noel Coward

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today ~ Laurence J. Peter

Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine ~ Lord Byron

Better bread with water than cake with trouble ~ Russian Proverb

There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a cup of tea ~ Bernard-Paul Heroux

Carpe Diem

Give Yourself to It ~ Sue Gadenne

Comment

Hi Dave and welcome

I love your idea I think the two most beautiful words in the English language are: peace and tranquility

I don't have NFH next door (any more, but ssshhh don't want to hex that) and my probs are more to do with local yobbery but I think I can appreciate the awful, soul destroying despair that NFH can create in their neighbours' lives. I had two short periods of noisy neighbours and it drove me mad.

The only trouble with a break, in my case, is that I'd be worrying all the time about what was going on back home :sad: You can't trust yobs not to create havoc when you're not there. :yobs: But, even I have to admit a short break in a tranquil place is very, very tempting

Good luck with your endeavour

Misty
                "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Welcome to the forum Dave and thanks for your great comments, we all make this forum great

Your idea sounds lovely, I'm all for that - let us know how you get on with that

:nfh1:

Comment

Excellent idea, when we had NFH problems we would go away occasionally for some peace and quiet. I'm sure if you advertised your place as a haven away from NFH you would be a success. Build it and they will come.......

Comment

hehe,

maybe once you are up and running we could be sponsered by you!! :lol:

we would certainly beable to link you from the site, after all it is a good cause!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X