X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFH They know their "rights"

They don't know their responsibilities!

To have rights, you must also, it can be argued, have responsibilities.

But how is it that the "rights" of NFH always result in something that their neighbours do not like?

I.E.

a "right" to mow their lawn when they want

a "right" to enter your property whenever they feel like it

a "right" to steal from neighbours

a "right" to play music through a 1,000 watt sound system no matter what time of the day or night

a "right" to have five cars in various stages of mechanical undress on his front and on the road

a "right" to swear and use abusive language whenever they wish

a "right" to be violent

And so on.

No responsibilities, though. Much be a great life for them...

You might want to take a look at the "Manual of How to be a NFH" in the humour section on the main home page.

A lot of the points you raise above were included into this manual.

It's very true that many NFH simply think they have a right to do what they want when they want and show no consideration for anyone but themselves.

Comment

dont forget they also have the right to sl*g you off to all the other neighbours and blatantly lie to official bodies about you with no come back
      http://bestsmileys.com/sparkle/1.gif

I decree today that life

Is simply taking and not giving

England is mine - it owes me a living

But ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye

Oh, ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye ~ Morrisey/Marr

Politics is Showbusiness for ugly people ~ Jay Leno

I don't like liars, I don't like cheats. I don't like bullsh***ters. I don't like schmoozers. I don't like ar*e-lickers. ~ Sir Alan Sugar

"Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." ~ Samuel Johnson

The secret of success is the capacity to overcome failure ~ Noel Coward

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today ~ Laurence J. Peter

Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine ~ Lord Byron

Better bread with water than cake with trouble ~ Russian Proverb

There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a cup of tea ~ Bernard-Paul Heroux

Carpe Diem

Give Yourself to It ~ Sue Gadenne

Comment

I really hate lies and half truths spread around as if they are fact. I've had enough for my lifetime already . Why don't people actually analyse what they hear/read and think for themselves, instead of believing everything with no thought process!

FF
        Howard:"You wanna be careful, before you know it you'll wake up in a bush singing songs about brooms"

Vince:"You don't know anything about me. Do you know anything about me?"

Howard:"I know...of you"

Vince:"Yeah, well, if you knew me you'd know that I don't sing songs about brooms...I sing songs about love...

Lovely lady with the eye

Lovely lady with the eye

You've only got one but it's a good one

Lovely lady with the eye, the eye, the eye, the eye, the eye

coming forward on a string, thats not normal, urgh

Yeah! I'm in a band..."

Comment

I agree whole heartedly Neighboured, when I had numerous NFH I felt that my life was being put on hold whilst they had the time of their lives. They could play music when and as long as they liked, go to bed and get up when they pleased whilst I had to work, sleep at certain hours and try to enjoy myself at rare moments when it was quiet whilst I was home.

Become an NFH........ live the good life.

Comment

Why don't people actually analyse what they hear/read and think for themselves, instead of believing everything with no thought process!

The lack of critical/analytical skills is frightening.

I couldn't agree more. The most important thing anybody can teach a child is how to THINK. Unfortunately, as I said in another post, education has been dumbed down and tv if full of bland, stupid rubbish like Big Brother or Pop Idol etc.

Call me a conspiracy theorist but I think it's all part of an agenda to control us in the way the powers that be want. If a population can't think it can't criticise decisions taken by the ptb. Watch the news, any night, and see what's there. They're not telling us anything REALLY important for the most part. At least it's still not as bad as in US, but it's getting there

When people are incapable of thinking they are ready to believe anything they hear, from local gossip to a prime minister telling them that war is necessary. Point out their errors and they say, 'but it can't be true because it wasn't on tv/in the paper/ on the radio, or 'so-and-so said it, so it must be true/a lie'.

And now I'd better stop before I go into a full scale rant.

Misty
            "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Interesting responses. Thanks.

Still, at least with a NFL we know we are not the worst person on the block! :lol: :jump:

Comment

Working...
              X